Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 122

just totalled a cobalt cuz it sucks

This is a discussion on just totalled a cobalt cuz it sucks within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; (could a mod include that in my title please) post #1 includes all the pictures i have of it so ...

  1. #81
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Updated With Pics

    (could a mod include that in my title please)

    post #1 includes all the pictures i have of it so far.

  2. #82
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    holy FUCK

  3. #83
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    holy FUCK

  4. #84
    2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    colorado
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,899

    purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

    what about when you have a full grown bull elk in the middle of the highway? hit it or swerve? take a look in to how big these fucker get and i do mean FULL grown, hit one in my 94 blazer and totaled it comin home from the mountains, spun around and hit the mountain, got damn lucky it didnt roll, i'll try to dig up some pics. shitty about the cobalt being totaled tho alex

  5. #85
    Pontiac Addict 01RaptorTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,296

    Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

    I remember when we went to texas with the quads, people told us stories about hitting cows. THAT would suck, i dont think there's any surviving an impact like that if you hit it head on. Like hitting a brick wall.

  6. #86
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    I remember when we went to texas with the quads, people told us stories about hitting cows. THAT would suck, i dont think there's any surviving an impact like that if you hit it head on. Like hitting a brick wall.
    yea... idk if i posted this or not, but a friend of mine totaled his huge f250 full cab with ext bed from hitting a horse. the truck flew back when it hit the horse...

  7. #87
    Member scooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cameron,Texas
    Age
    65
    Posts
    206

    Black
    2001 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    I remember when we went to texas with the quads, people told us stories about hitting cows. THAT would suck, i dont think there's any surviving an impact like that if you hit it head on. Like hitting a brick wall.
    IN the 1980s my Aunt hit two grown bulls in the highway, thank god she was driving a full size Buick. Of course it totalled the car, but she walked away with very minor injuries. She said what saved her was the three bourbon and cokes she had right before the wreck, she was relaxed.

  8. #88
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    u made it sound like it was swerve, flip...
    it was swerve, couldnt regain control cuz the handling sucks, so i went straight into a ditch. just clearn it up
    ever think becase the itty bity tires on cobalts.....lack luster suspension.....???

    I spun my buddies4 door LS cobalt taking an s-turn that i always take at 80 mph in my 85 trans am......BUT the 85 has uber huge sway bars(ws7) and 235mm tires.

    oh and i was going 45mph when cobalt spun



    BUT ANYWAYS glad your ok ATC!

  9. #89
    Lt1/m6 driver :P Toyota h8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    toledo, ohio
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,043

    327-TPI/A4
    1992 Trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    WHAT! WTF are you talking about! Full size is around 190 lbs.?
    yah i got one of th bigest bucks out of our woods and it topped scales at 225lbs DRESSED! Thats all the guts n shit removed.....so he was like 240-260lbs.....two yrs later im stil eating deer jerky and steaks

    oh and i dont care if someone takes offense.......i hunt n proud of it
    Last edited by Toyota h8r; 10-02-2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: had to look at weight slips

  10. #90
    I keel you! Blitzed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Titus,AL
    Posts
    5,759

    Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

    Damn Alex, your lucky dude...

  11. #91
    ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,845

    All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post

    I spun my buddies4 door LS cobalt taking an s-turn that i always take at 80 !
    HAHAH.. I read that wrong, I thought you said LS1 Cobalt! I was like
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

  12. #92
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    sorry to hear of both sad stories. enjoy life! you never know when the switch goes off...

    take care guys!

  13. #93
    Impounded 86 IROC-Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,760

    Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

    Dude, that sucks Alex, I'm glad you're alright.

    On the bright side, at least you don't have a slobalt anymore. You're right about the thirdgen, they may suck but they handle like they're on rails.

  14. #94
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    well... car is officially totalled. tahnks for all the support guys... unfortunately my mom is getting a new cobalt i think. for some reason my parents think its a safe car... i think its because of the car that i spun out and they just act like im a fuckin idiot...

    whatever... ill never be caught in a cobalt again. i wont drive one, and i wont let anyone in one drive me anywhere ever again.

  15. #95
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post

    whatever... ill never be caught in a cobalt again. i wont drive one, and i wont let anyone in one drive me anywhere ever again.
    hey good thing you got those 2 feet eh. jk

    btw i don't think its the cars fault.

  16. #96
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,303

    Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

    i think its somewhat the cars fault. like i said, if i were in my third gen i could have had more control going twice as fast

  17. #97
    Senior Member KyleLs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    3,534

    NBM
    99 TA

    Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    i think its somewhat the cars fault. like i said, if i were in my third gen i could have had more control going twice as fast
    maybe true, but it still isn't the cars fault. You have to know how to control the vehicle you are driving and know it's limits. It all comes with driving experience and getting into wrecks is part of gaining that experience.

    Now you know that all vehicles don't handle like your f body, and you have to drive each vehicle according to it limits. Even if you were in your f body the same thing may have happened.

    You never know, if someone with more driving experience was in the same vehicle, in the same situation the outcome may have been completely different, or could have been worse you never know.

    Not trying to give you a hard time, i know you have been through enough... but i just don't think you should be blaming the car and you should just accept the fact that shit happens. When wildlife are on the road anything can happen regardless of vehicle handling capabilities or driver experience.


    Also, about your mom getting another cobalt because they are safe cars.... by the looks of the damage to that thing, and the fact you walked away un injured i would agree that it is a pretty safe car. I can pretty much guarantee you that if you rolled your 3rd gen in the same manner, you would be hurtin alot worse.

  18. #98
    Pontiac Addict 01RaptorTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,296

    Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Also, about your mom getting another cobalt because they are safe cars.... by the looks of the damage to that thing, and the fact you walked away un injured i would agree that it is a pretty safe car. I can pretty much guarantee you that if you rolled your 3rd gen in the same manner, you would be hurtin alot worse.
    I agree. That car is fucked something fierce, and you walked away with a couple bruises. Slowbalt ftw personally...

  19. #99
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Toyota h8r View Post
    yah i got one of th bigest bucks out of our woods and it topped scales at 225lbs DRESSED! Thats all the guts n shit removed.....so he was like 240-260lbs.....two yrs later im stil eating deer jerky and steaks

    oh and i dont care if someone takes offense.......i hunt n proud of it
    Yeah, you just said one of the biggest bucks not all!

    Don't worry about anyone taking offense, I hunt and I am proud of it, and you should be too.

  20. #100
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    maybe true, but it still isn't the cars fault. You have to know how to control the vehicle you are driving and know it's limits. It all comes with driving experience and getting into wrecks is part of gaining that experience.

    Now you know that all vehicles don't handle like your f body, and you have to drive each vehicle according to it limits. Even if you were in your f body the same thing may have happened.

    You never know, if someone with more driving experience was in the same vehicle, in the same situation the outcome may have been completely different, or could have been worse you never know.

    Not trying to give you a hard time, i know you have been through enough... but i just don't think you should be blaming the car and you should just accept the fact that shit happens. When wildlife are on the road anything can happen regardless of vehicle handling capabilities or driver experience.


    Also, about your mom getting another cobalt because they are safe cars.... by the looks of the damage to that thing, and the fact you walked away un injured i would agree that it is a pretty safe car. I can pretty much guarantee you that if you rolled your 3rd gen in the same manner, you would be hurtin alot worse.
    X2!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Totalled the SS on Friday...
    By 2000 SS #1305 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
  2. CETA totalled
    By 02transamce in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
  3. Totalled/how much damage?
    By LeadFarmer in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 08:00 PM
  4. Another totalled
    By 02blckws6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 04:49 AM
  5. Vinny totalled his ws6 !
    By WS6S in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •