Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

how fast are the super bee's ?

my brothyer inlaw says he drove his boss's 06super bee for couple of hours the other day and says my firehawk wouldnt stand a chance.i let him drive mine in town one day he went hard in 1st got a 2nd chirp with tcs on didnt really get to see her spread her wings.i heard the chargers were heavy. he is a dodge fan so has anyone drove one?

Black
    99 SS

there pretty agressive for their size, but that is their downfall

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

arent they like 350 400 hp?

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Im not really sure what a super bee is
    But if we are talking about the chargers well the SRT8 i think has 430 or 450 but still an LS1 is faster so dont matter what charger it is ur bird has it

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

thats kinda what i thought.guess ill do a search and find out a little more about them. my friend had a 05 srt charger and i didnt seem impressed. it rode really nice though.i had a 02 ta at the time and mine definatly was stronger on the big end with 2.73s

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i believe that the super bees are nothing but an r/t with pretty apperance bs. so it is sitting at 340 hp with the 5.7 hemi. and the srt8 is pushing 425, it has the 6.1 hemi. the only one you should look out for is the srt version

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

I thought the superbees d0 have the 6.1 hemi, or at least that is what he tells me, and my firehawk wouldn't stand a chance. so it made me curious and I thought I would ask you guys what you thought. with all that weight on the ground and the torque they have i'm sure they are strong from a dig.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the first special edition of the 'Charger on steroids' from Chrysler Group's Street and Racing Technology (SRT). It features 'Detonator Yellow' exterior color with black hood and deck-lid face, Super Bee logos on front and rear fenders, and contrasting yellow stitching on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob.

The new limited edition SRT-8 Super Bee, with distinctive yellow paintwork and black graphics will be powered by a 6.1 litre Hemi V8 making 425 horsepower and 420 lb ft of torque. With this potent engine the Super Bee should reach 60 mph in under 6 seconds.

It is a limited edition with only 1000 being produced for the entire world .

Our testing at California Speedway netted a best 0-to-60-mph run of 5.3 seconds with the quarter-mile clicked off in 13.6 seconds at 105.8 mph. Numbers, by the way, which would allow the '07 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee to literally run rings around a '68 version. Hemi-powered '68s could run 13s only after hours of tuning and primping by engine preparation experts.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Red
    2002 TA WS6

Our testing at California Speedway netted a best 0-to-60-mph run of 5.3 seconds with the quarter-mile clicked off in 13.6 seconds at 105.8 mph. Numbers, by the way, which would allow the '07 Charger SRT-8 Super Bee to literally run rings around a '68 version. Hemi-powered '68s could run 13s only after hours of tuning and primping by engine preparation experts.
    This is ABSOLUTE nonsense! I have owned over a dozen big block Mopars, and the only thing they needed to stay in tune was high octane gas. You could drive these cars to the track race them all day, and drive them home. Most of these cars would run 13 second quarters off the showroom floor, and with factory optional gearing and slicks they would easily run 11s all day long. I still have the time slips to prove it... The 440 (A Body Cuda) shown was modified, 11.5:1 pistons, Dana 60 with 4:10s, and slicks would run high 10s without NOS, and low 10s on the bottle. My nearly stock 440, 4 spd Road Runner ( B Body like an old Super Bee) With the same gearing ran low to mid 12's. The Hemis were much faster.

The result was the quickest (1/4 mile ET) production car, produced in America. Initial track times in the eleven-second bracket were the norm, with minimal preparation.
    http://www.moparstyle.net/history/426hemimotor.htm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M-e0_9Miy...elated&search=
    Last edited by VTR99; 09-02-2007 at 11:21 PM.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

thats great info guys keep it coming!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well seems like they run just as fast as an SRT8 so yea your firehawk would take it for sure. Especially if you have a few mods

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

my neighbor is a k9 cop in our town and he has 5.7 magnum stationwagon he said it was really fast he had a buddy radar him at 140.im sure they are no joke.he thinks its as fast as vette lol so i didnt argue with when he said it would beat my car but he did kinda stare with a blank face not answer when i said to bad we cant go and find out somewhere . oh that was priceless...
    cool guy though.

drivers race, but to say you don't stand a chance is nonsence

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

I've played around with a SRT8 Charger and their fast but not really any competition for an F-body.
    All the Hemi cars 5.7 or 6.1 come with a 2.82 gear. That and the 4000 lbs plus curb weight seriously hinders their performance.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Red
    2002 TA WS6

That and the 4000 lbs plus curb weight seriously hinders their performance.
    Absolutely, it's like hauling 3 big dudes along for the ride!

White
    '02 Formula A4

Me and a friend of mine ran a train on a Charger R/T on Saturday. My friend was in his GTO and they lined up and I was behind the GTO so when he started pulling I did too, of course the GTO was pulling me too but I passed the R/T no problem. It was fun to tag team someone.

I've seen SRT8 Charger at my local drag strip running low 13s stock and thats faster then i am so I'm not sure why you all are saying not to worry about them. One guy said something about having a few mods and I agree with him, I've never seen a non SS or WS6 run low 13s, but thats just me.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Well yea if you mod an SRT8 im sure it will go but when its stock it shouldnt be a problem, the 5.7 liters would get eaten up the 6.1 is just a tad slower, close to a drivers race but in the end a good ol f-body is faster and a lot cheaper hehe

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by VTR99 View Post

This is ABSOLUTE nonsense! I have owned over a dozen big block Mopars, and the only thing they needed to stay in tune was high octane gas. You could drive these cars to the track race them all day, and drive them home. Most of these cars would run 13 second quarters off the showroom floor, and with factory optional gearing and slicks they would easily run 11s all day long. I still have the time slips to prove it... The 440 (A Body Cuda) shown was modified, 11.5:1 pistons, Dana 60 with 4:10s, and slicks would run high 10s without NOS, and low 10s on the bottle. My nearly stock 440, 4 spd Road Runner ( B Body like an old Super Bee) With the same gearing ran low to mid 12's. The Hemis were much faster.

http://www.moparstyle.net/history/426hemimotor.htm

I am not calling bs or anything but I have seen tons of stock big block mopars at the track and none of them run that fast. Most cars that are in the pure stock drags run 13 or 14 and alot of those cars are not totally stock specially the faster ones that break into the 12's
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

well i stand corrected on the info on the super bee. i seriously thought it was pretty r/t. i know this is magazine racing but i think car and driver pulled off high 12's in a stock srt8. there was video on streetfire where an srt8 300c with a few mods and n20 was beating a kb cobra.

Red
    2002 TA WS6

I am not calling bs or anything but I have seen tons of stock big block mopars at the track and none of them run that fast. Most cars that are in the pure stock drags run 13 or 14 and alot of those cars are not totally stock specially the faster ones that break into the 12's
    Unfortunately there are not a lot of fresh running Mopars around these days, and most were not equipped with a factory Dana 60 and 4:10 gearing which makes a big difference when you are talking 4,000 lb. B Body cars. The facts are readily available out there on the web, and many of these cars did and still do run 11's in nearly stock trim. The Road Runner in the video is obviously not stock, but it's not a Hemi either. The ET speaks for itself.
    The old adage "there is no replacement for displacement" still hold true.... Just ask someone who owns a GM 572.

http://www.stockmopar.com/pictures/1...tures-red.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information