Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

G8

This is a discussion on G8 within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by matthewaqui I notice more vehicle are manufactured that way...... some don't even have a key release for ...

  1. #61
    Junior Member KCB50L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11

    Impulse Blue
    2005 VZ SS Ute

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    I notice more vehicle are manufactured that way...... some don't even have a key release for the trunk....

    I was checking out the Extra Key that came with the vehicle last night and was not so happy that it doesn't fold into the remote like the original one does. Do you know why they decided to manufacture that way besides that of saving money?

    Thanks buddy,
    Matt
    It's cause Holden got cheap, you look at it, the sedans have a steel rim as a spare over here (don't know about the G8's but I assume they are the same) where as the Ute version (your G8 sport truck) has 5 alloy full size rims. you have the G8 that's like an SS, the GTP is equivalent to an SSV here (which have 2 flip key's), and the GXP will be the equivalent to our HSV Clubsport R8 (these have an LS2 current but from may will have an LS3).

    Shame they aren't selling the calais and calaisV over there, but they would run to far into caddy territory in the US.

  2. #62
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    I went to the dealership today and saw an orange G8 GT (one of the first 888)-- It had leather and tire package (no sunroof/ or sports package).

    I didn't drive it, but i fired her up, and I checked it out- Very nice car.

    I think you get quite a bit for the money.

    My wife liked it alot too.

    Trunk is kind of small though(she noticed for strollers etc.)

  3. #63
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Arrow Selling Well in California

    Sports Packaged? What do you mean? Was it the GT? From what I have seen, the GT pretty much comes with everything except for the Sunroof..... I don't know how Standard they come with 19 inch wheels though.... I think GT 19 and regular G8 comes with 18.

    I would not say that the interior is close to top of the line, but comes pretty close when it comes to the trim. It's definitely comfortable would very good leather.

    Take the GT for a spin next time... 1 of 888 is pretty much sold up here in California. Pontiac is making a good sales on these vehicles. Orange was my first, now my last color of choice. Gray, Red, or that Metallic Panther Black highlights the luxurious of the vehicle much better than that Orange.

    From a distance, any have mistaken it for a BMW..... a 500 series BMW owner drove around and back to my house just ask what is for he wants one. I think many BMW will fall back on this vehicle rather than paying the price for the comparable look of a BMW.

    I crossed my fingers that the G8 will hold up well for +100,000 + without one fault or code.

    My wife drives this vehicle.... preferably I think it should be for a person who like ricky racing.

    Matt
    P.S. I think it will sell much better than the Grand Prix line with future room for manufacturing improvements.


    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    I went to the dealership today and saw an orange G8 GT (one of the first 888)-- It had leather and tire package (no sunroof/ or sports package).

    I didn't drive it, but i fired her up, and I checked it out- Very nice car.

    I think you get quite a bit for the money.

    My wife liked it alot too.

    Trunk is kind of small though(she noticed for strollers etc.)

  4. #64
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Sports Packaged? What do you mean? Was it the GT? From what I have seen, the GT pretty much comes with everything except for the Sunroof..... I don't know how Standard they come with 19 inch wheels though.... I think GT 19 and regular G8 comes with 18.

    I would not say that the interior is close to top of the line, but comes pretty close when it comes to the trim. It's definitely comfortable would very good leather.

    Take the GT for a spin next time... 1 of 888 is pretty much sold up here in California. Pontiac is making a good sales on these vehicles. Orange was my first, now my last color of choice. Gray, Red, or that Metallic Panther Black highlights the luxurious of the vehicle much better than that Orange.

    From a distance, any have mistaken it for a BMW..... a 500 series BMW owner drove around and back to my house just ask what is for he wants one. I think many BMW will fall back on this vehicle rather than paying the price for the comparable look of a BMW.

    I crossed my fingers that the G8 will hold up well for +100,000 + without one fault or code.

    My wife drives this vehicle.... preferably I think it should be for a person who like ricky racing.

    Matt
    P.S. I think it will sell much better than the Grand Prix line with future room for manufacturing improvements.
    http://www.pontiac.com/g8/build.jsp?...008&useFlash=Y

    check that out--- Sports package offered (different wheels) and summer only tires..

  5. #65
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs up Super Performance

    I'm looking over the comparison between the G8 versus the Charger R/T in Motortrends just a second ago......... yah, the sport comes with bigger 19", metallic pedals and a leather -wrapped wheel. The sports is what I have. If you are going for one, you need to go for the Sport so that you get that extra stock touch right out of the lot......

    In the magazine, the Chargers are pricing at $36,600 .... so much more than the G8 while giving so much less. The acceleration of 0 - 60 in the G8 is a nice 5.3 seconds.... the magazine mentioned that the GTO of 2006 MSRP at $33,000 and gave the consumer so much less than that G8. Motortrend also mentioned that the G8 is probably capable of putting out 400 in the L76 engine. I'm sure that the engine has been tuned down based on the CAFE regulation to meet standards.

    After reading the article and comparison, I'm now more than pleased with the purchase.

    Matthew

    P.S. The vehicle braking stop time between the two from 60 - 0 was most impressive....the G8 had a 21 ft advantage.... I'm sure this is due to the weight of the Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    http://www.pontiac.com/g8/build.jsp?...008&useFlash=Y

    check that out--- Sports package offered (different wheels) and summer only tires..

  6. #66
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    I'm looking over the comparison between the G8 versus the Charger R/T in Motortrends just a second ago......... yah, the sport comes with bigger 19", metallic pedals and a leather -wrapped wheel. The sports is what I have. If you are going for one, you need to go for the Sport so that you get that extra stock touch right out of the lot......

    In the magazine, the Chargers are pricing at $36,600 .... so much more than the G8 while giving so much less. The acceleration of 0 - 60 in the G8 is a nice 5.3 seconds.... the magazine mentioned that the GTO of 2006 MSRP at $33,000 and gave the consumer so much less than that G8. Motortrend also mentioned that the G8 is probably capable of putting out 400 in the L76 engine. I'm sure that the engine has been tuned down based on the CAFE regulation to meet standards.

    After reading the article and comparison, I'm now more than pleased with the purchase.

    Matthew

    P.S. The vehicle braking stop time between the two from 60 - 0 was most impressive....the G8 had a 21 ft advantage.... I'm sure this is due to the weight of the Charger
    Got any pics of your G8 GT?

    Man, I like this car alot-- if I didn't have a sea full of negative equity in my other family car, I would be able to trade it in and get one.

    Possible trade is 2005 Hyundai XG350 L (nice ride, but resale is crap!)

    I even contemplated trading in the WS6 for it,, but I just don't think I could ever really do that. Even though the G8 is so much more practical compared to the WS6.

  7. #67
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Here are the photos. I actually posted it on the board 2 days ago just because. Traded in my TA, I have miss it, though I have another one my Ws6 TA in the garage that is a garage queen . Yah, you resale on that Hyundai sucks.... A $30,000 is a tough one.

    Listen man, even though I dropped cash on this vehicle, it was also tough to trade in my TA and drop a check for $28,000 at the same time. This was difficult even more when the G8 would be a daily driver for my wife and not myself.

    I honestly appreciate everything about the G8 better than a TA though it doesn't have that same sporty zing. The vehicle is so much more pratical than TA when it comes to a family of 4 or 5. If you can throw one of those G6 hammerhead spoiler on this G8, you have it made in sport look... Here is an image:


    Hey, after the reveal of the new Camaro 2010 Interior photos of this week, I and so many other in the Camaro forum was very disappointed. The more I think of it, I'm looking into the preference of a G8 GXP rather than the Camaro. I been interested in this Camaro for more than 1 1/2 year now... but can't see paying $30k plus for the Camaro with such an Interior!!!

    Here are my G8 Interior photos:













    Check out the dashboard texture.... it gives a very contemplative look

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    they should make a 2 door G8 that looks a lot like that g6..would be fuckin gorgous....2+2 with the ls3 or ls7 in it

  9. #69
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Wink

    Pontiac is geared at making a passenger vehicle that is sporty and is a sedan as they lose ground on the big SUV line. The G6 Sport coupe with everything on it is awesome. You have to see that vehicle in person, though horses and mpg on it sucks big time. Handling along canyon is a crap in it as well.

    The G8 has it all along with handling...... if you think your TA's back end spits out on acceleration, you should drive the G8....... it's rear is all over the damn place upon high acceleration with the traction control. I'm sure if the sedan sells well, they will pick up the sells by producing a Coupe.

    Man! If they produce a coupe, I would be all over it and would not even consider the new Camaro for it's a full package. The new Camaro is a good catch until you see the exterior. Based on what GM having going now, I don't feel the exterior will be any better:



    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    they should make a 2 door G8 that looks a lot like that g6..would be fuckin gorgous....2+2 with the ls3 or ls7 in it

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    g6 is FWD............no thanks

  11. #71
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs down

    hahahah I didn't realize that until you mentioned it! hahhaahha I used to hate front wheel.... but my Saturn Sedan handles really well.

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    g6 is FWD............no thanks

  12. #72
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Pontiac is geared at making a passenger vehicle that is sporty and is a sedan as they lose ground on the big SUV line. The G6 Sport coupe with everything on it is awesome. You have to see that vehicle in person, though horses and mpg on it sucks big time. Handling along canyon is a crap in it as well.

    The G8 has it all along with handling...... if you think your TA's back end spits out on acceleration, you should drive the G8....... it's rear is all over the damn place upon high acceleration with the traction control. I'm sure if the sedan sells well, they will pick up the sells by producing a Coupe.

    Man! If they produce a coupe, I would be all over it and would not even consider the new Camaro for it's a full package. The new Camaro is a good catch until you see the exterior. Based on what GM having going now, I don't feel the exterior will be any better:

    Click for full size

    hideous!

  13. #73
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    It's not even hideous man, it's a freakin disgraced if this prototype makes it to production ending up in their top model SS Camaro Version that cost more than $30,000.... some guys on the forum have been sticking up for that interior and stating that GM will do them right and make the Interior better upon production.

    The way way I see it, the first Camaros will be driving off the plant in less than 8 months...... thus, that interior crap is a go! But then again, GM wants V6 Mustang potential owners.. what do you expect for $20,000 right?

    Seeing this dam spy images was a disgraced for I have been waiting for Camaro production since last year!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    hideous!

  14. #74
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    The G8 Coupe!

    Check this out! Freakin aye Orange looks hot on this vehicle.. you have sportiness, luxury, and horses all in one... if it comes out at $27,000.... I will be sporting it as a daily driver!








    Pontiac's G8 line-up may just grow to include a high-performance coupe which bears the GXP go-fast moniker shared with the GXP sedan. This would include much of the same hardware, including the 402-horsepower Corvette-sourced V8 and six-speed manual transmission, and give Pontiac the firepower to compete with the Ford Mustang GT500KR and Dodge Challenger SRT8. GM is reported to be having an internal conflict on whether or not to build a G8 coupe, which would be based on the recent Holden Coupe 60 concept car shown off at Australia's Melbourne auto show earlier this year.

    If it gets the green light for production, the coupe would be available for sale within three years, according to Inside Line. Main reasons for not building a G8 coupe include the looming stiff CAFE standards, stringent emissions limits and ever increasing gas costs

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    they should make a 2 door G8 that looks a lot like that g6..would be fuckin gorgous....2+2 with the ls3 or ls7 in it

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    thats fuckin gorgous!!!..im sold

  16. #76
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Flying Sales

    Fuck yah! It looks Inspiring in this orange color that a BMW can't pull off... more than that, we know what the Interior looks like as well as the exterior unlike that of the Camaro! GM drop the ball when it comes to the Camaro..... I'm sure that the Camaro has loss sales to Mustang and G8s... since it took them so long to get back on the horse again.

    Save your bucks for this vehicle.....The wait won't be that long compared to the 3 to 4 year of Camaro. G8 sales have been flying, thus, I know Pontiac is reassured unlike that of the GTO.

    Matthew

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    thats fuckin gorgous!!!..im sold

  17. #77
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro


  18. #78
    Junior Member macca33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Age
    46
    Posts
    33

    Shanghai Mica
    2001 HSV SenatorSignature

    Congratulations on the purchase of your G8 Matt. They sure have a lot of value in them for the price that you blokes are paying, and they perform very well.

    I mentioned in another thread - the car is a performance oriented family car, not an outright sports car, so should not be confused with a T/A or similar. If you want a strong car that can transport 5 adults in comfort and accelerate/handle well, then this is a great option - as you now know.

    As for the Coupe - designated Coupe 60, for the concept vehicle - the latest public information here is that it may not go ahead. The fact is that our market cannot reliably support sedans and coupes from the one model range, so we do not decide what will or will not be produced - GM global do that. However, if there was enough genuine interest from over there, in the ears of the right people, then it may happen.

    Happy driving with your new car mate.

    Cheers,

    Macca

  19. #79
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    May Not Sell------------------

    So, is that how it is Matey? I guess we are fortunate for having the G8 over here in the US. Cost efficient wise going with a model that you guys have already save GM money...... you know, despite the case of having a coupe, just because the Sedan sells, it doesn't mean a sporty coupe will do the same for couple buyers would purchase from other makes.

    Just like you said, the G8 is a family car catered package, reared at 4 or 5 passengers unlike a coupe. I think coupe owners will take their business elsewhere rather than GM.

    Whatever the case, I still appreciate my G8 though the wife is driving it and not me... as a matter of speaking, your Holden G8 front looks like the 4 cylinder Saturn L200 that I'm driving right now.

    Would you have liked your front to resemble that of our G8s?

    Stay safe and sain,
    Matthew

    Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    Congratulations on the purchase of your G8 Matt. They sure have a lot of value in them for the price that you blokes are paying, and they perform very well.

    I mentioned in another thread - the car is a performance oriented family car, not an outright sports car, so should not be confused with a T/A or similar. If you want a strong car that can transport 5 adults in comfort and accelerate/handle well, then this is a great option - as you now know.

    As for the Coupe - designated Coupe 60, for the concept vehicle - the latest public information here is that it may not go ahead. The fact is that our market cannot reliably support sedans and coupes from the one model range, so we do not decide what will or will not be produced - GM global do that. However, if there was enough genuine interest from over there, in the ears of the right people, then it may happen.

    Happy driving with your new car mate.

    Cheers,

    Macca

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    LOVE the interior of your car mecca33...those seats look soo plush and comfy!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •