Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

G8

This is a discussion on G8 within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by matthewaqui Now this has some pizzaz!!! they should of made these from the factory..sick looking car!!!...

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Now this has some pizzaz!!!

    Click for full size
    they should of made these from the factory..sick looking car!!!

  2. #42
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs up It's Quickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

    Alright men, I did research today and here are my findings!!!!

    I dropped my TA off to see if GM shop will replace cat conv. today. I walked home stopping in at the Pontiac dealer to see if the G8 had arrived.

    They were freight to San Fran from Australia this month and 2 of the G8 GT 888 badge edition came in yesterday! I was the first to test drive it luckily! Holy ****.... it is damn nice for 30k.

    It accelerated like a bullet!!!! Is it quicker than a LS1 TA? Yes it is man no matter what anyone saids!!! I have a 2001 WS6 with a near new 11,000 miles that I'm comparing to.

    All the way! It will not disappoint. Rear will comfortably seat 3 adults with plenty of leg room!!!!! Along with keyless start ignition!!!! Traction control is super on this vehicle!!!!! I guarantee you will brake on a dime if you wanted to stop. The cockpit sits very comfortably and unlike the controls being on the door like the 4th Gen Fbodies, it is center set!!!


    Hell, I wanted to trade my 2000 TA in for a 2010 Camaro, but may do it for this vehicle given that Chevy may do a killing on price when it comes out.

    I also stopped by Dodge to ask about the Challenger which is coming out at this time as well. There is a long waiting list according to them... and guess what? They are tagging on $15,000 to the MSRP. They are idiots, especially when the vehicle is set to sell at $40k.

    You want acceleration stock jet power and luxury, the G8 is it!

    For those who want to complain that dealers will do MSRP out the door for the Camaro V8, you better think long and hard on this. You may get the V6 for MSRP but you won't get the V8 at sticker.

    All in all men, Pontiac is not raping customers on their 361 horsepower sedan whatsoever. That's somewhat comforting to know! So if you can't go for that Camaro then, shoot for the G8 and you will be smiling to the bank!!!!!!!

    Mattttttttttttttttttttt



    Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    I'll buy a low-mile used G8 in a couple of years...you heard it here first.
    Last edited by matthewaqui; 03-06-2008 at 08:43 PM.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    were they selling them for sticker?

  4. #44
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs up At Sticker

    I could be off by a 1,000 or so.... but yes, them priced in as sticker indicated........ were things added onto that GT as options that increased it by 1,000.

    I raised the question for that model because everything on it should have been standard...... I mean top of line since it is the highest G8 model!!!!!

    I guess I was impressed enough with the vehicle that I had dreams of quoting cars last night hahahahahah!!!!


    I honestly don't believe that new Camaro interior will be as descent as the G8. By the way, the two hood inlet is fake just like the Mustang or it's future counterpart the Camaro! Honestly man, with 362 horses, you don't need the Ram Air hahahahah I'm sure you can cut out those two vents for ventilation but rain will plow the engine. As I remember now, they Tacked on for that hood but it's well worth it! I also saw a G6 GXP with everything on it, including the Hammerhead spoiler. That's hot also for it's better looking than an Infiniti Sport 350. Check that out!!!

    Matt

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    were they selling them for sticker?

  5. #45
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Family Muscle

    I just looked at your age Tony.... you are at an age were the G8 would be suited for you. You should consider that as your next vehicle if you are planning to have a family in the future.

    Externally the G8 looks appealing compared to a Mercedes, Volvo, etc. in that range, but it does not look appealing as a WS6 TA. Performance wise all around, it has the 4th Gen Fbody beat period. Check the Interior out when the vehicle arrives at your dealer!

    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    were they selling them for sticker?

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    a slightly used low milage babied G8 preferably owned by an old man that preferably lingenfelter massaged a maggie blower onto could definilty be in my future..some nice fikse or hre wheels would also go nicely on it ....im expecting 550-600 horse out of one with a maggie on it ...hopfully the engine sits far enough forward that it'll fit w/o much trouble....the ls2 c6 puts down 600hp with the intercooled maggie ...when a car like this becomes available in the low to mid 20s i could cert be in the market ...hehe.....ill likely be taking one for a test drive this spring just for fun though

  7. #47
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    UnAbuse!

    hhahahahahah.... supposedly the G8 is the replacement for the Grand Prix GTP, but Pontiac seems to up the ante and went V8 though V6 will also be available soon.

    The Stock rims 5 spoke Aluminum Alloy on it gives very proper rolling weight distribution.... I think they are 18s... didn't check.

    By an token.... from an old man is who you should get one years from now...not a young person!!!!

    The engine cover on it makes it look very clean.... but as usual, the bay is really tight buddy! The airbox sits to the driver side front just like where the Stangs and Vette sits.

    Honestly man, I have had very bad experiences with used vehicle, especially with my 2000 TA that I bought last year. New and unabuse is always best.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    a slightly used low milage babied G8 preferably owned by an old man that preferably lingenfelter massaged a maggie blower onto could definilty be in my future..some nice fikse or hre wheels would also go nicely on it ....im expecting 550-600 horse out of one with a maggie on it ...hopfully the engine sits far enough forward that it'll fit w/o much trouble....the ls2 c6 puts down 600hp with the intercooled maggie ...when a car like this becomes available in the low to mid 20s i could cert be in the market ...hehe.....ill likely be taking one for a test drive this spring just for fun though

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    my current lpe 383 with fikse wheels was preowned by a 60 yr old man in cincinatti ohio he put 17k miles on it over 5 yrs...his recepts from lpe totaled 22k and change...lol good stuff....car is immaculate and ive had wonderful luck with is thus far...besides the shit ass SPEC 3 clutch lpe installed back in 2001 ...thats not the previous owners fault though.......it blew up on me when launching the ONE time at the track...holes in the bellhousing..the whole 9....lol...still drove it home but it was slippin bad.....the ram i have in now i love though ..the guys at new era warned me about that old style spec clutch blowing up

  9. #49
    Junior Member KCB50L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11

    Impulse Blue
    2005 VZ SS Ute

    Over here there are people with the LS2 equiped HSV's (the G8 GT in Australia is the HSV GTS and has the LS2) with twin turboed setups pumping out well over 700 hp. There's even one nut that bought a GTS and fitted an LS7 with turbo and that's got about 800hp.

  10. #50
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    The G8's run faster than 13.8. Theres vids of one pulling 13.3 bone stock 13.1 with just a tune at Atco. That is with a 6speed auto as well. For those wanting more, Pontiac is also going to have a GXP version with a 403 HP LS3, optional 6M and optional 4.10's. It should hit 12's easily. Plus the G8 GT is also tuned to be able to use regular octane fuel not premium.

    The LSA in the CTS-V is also not 600 hp. It is a different motor than the LS9. No Titanium rods for one 550 HP for the LSA. I was hoping the GXP would be 2 door with an LSA but a 403 HP 4 door should be plenty quick if the 364 HP version with lesser gear can hit 13.3.

  11. #51
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Wink G8 Ownership Review

    Yah, that G8 can really haul on the Manual Shifter.

    Purchased one this week after trading in my 2000 Trans Am. I didn't feel that the TA could make it until 2010 to be traded in for a Camaro.

    At any rate, my Silver Trans Am was beginning to go bad again, thus, I had to make a decision about giving it up while it's still driveable. After a month's comparison between the Caddy, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, I decided that the G8 was the best and far superior in the 30k class.

    I wanted red, though had to settle for Panther Black at the dealership because of stock. I didn't notice this until I brought it home as to why it's called Panther Black..... the black is a Metallice Black that has gleamer all through it... like a Panther's reflection.

    The vehicle is almost flawless from acceleration to the manual shifting to the external moulding.

    The flaw is in ther Honeycomb grill..... it retains water after washing and takes a lot of work to dry in those areas. Other than that, there are no water excess retention anywhere else on the body. I'm comparing this retention based on the many vehicles that I have own through the year, including the Trans Am. With all the curves , flip up headlights etc. you know what I mean when it comes to retention.

    The acceleration is a killer.... 1/4 mile 13.2 on an auto. It has true dual with quad tips. The hood vents are functional.

    On my way back from a trip, I saw a Navy Blue TA booking it on the Freeway... what a coincident, my favorite car! I caught up and paced it, then booked away. A New Mustang GT was also tailing me on this trip, it couldn't pace the G8.

    Everything is good for this vehicle except my wife will be driving it and I will be going with our old 4 banger Saturn sedan.

    My Souther Cali dealership has been moving this vehicle left and right without markups, though they don't know the GM assignment at all. If you are interested in getting one, act like a hawk at your own dealership or you will miss.

    I didn't like not being selective on color.

    Well, that's the report and here are some pictures of it that I took after a wash a wax yesterday to remove the vinyl transport adhesive. Check out the slanted perfect stance and the super stocks wheels. These stocks are the best, much better than the Dub Chromes ones they had on the other 2 that I was checking out.










    Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    The G8's run faster than 13.8. Theres vids of one pulling 13.3 bone stock 13.1 with just a tune at Atco. That is with a 6speed auto as well. For those wanting more, Pontiac is also going to have a GXP version with a 403 HP LS3, optional 6M and optional 4.10's. It should hit 12's easily. Plus the G8 GT is also tuned to be able to use regular octane fuel not premium.

    The LSA in the CTS-V is also not 600 hp. It is a different motor than the LS9. No Titanium rods for one 550 HP for the LSA. I was hoping the GXP would be 2 door with an LSA but a 403 HP 4 door should be plenty quick if the 364 HP version with lesser gear can hit 13.3.

  12. #52
    someday joejenkinsglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,120

    green
    98 formula

    congrats on the car when the dealers stop charging over sticker I will be in line for one

  13. #53
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs up

    Ouch, I see you are in Arkansas! You have low inventory at your dealerships!

    I am freakin faithful to my show stopper TA!!!! But you will adore and appreciate your G8 ownership much more! You will have the luxury, sharp sportiness, handling and super horses stock. You will feel that increase torque comparison to a LS1 stock engine. Once you step on it, the acceleration will not let off on that L76 engine.

    Panther black is perfect for this vehicle though I don't suggest. The settling dust is just to obvious right after a vehicle wash. I didn't like red at first, but wanted it in Red after a second dealership visit! Go Red!

    Best Regards,
    Matthew
    By the way, my dealership is in Southern California, thus, they get better alotment from GM.... though they have moved these G8s in record numbers. I believe this line will be really strong sellers... from big family to individuals have purchase and driven this vehicle. This is patically the only vehicle that gets test driven at the dealership. I'm a little surprise by this.

    Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    congrats on the car when the dealers stop charging over sticker I will be in line for one

  14. #54
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Yah, that G8 can really haul on the Manual Shifter.

    Purchased one this week after trading in my 2000 Trans Am. I didn't feel that the TA could make it until 2010 to be traded in for a Camaro.

    At any rate, my Silver Trans Am was beginning to go bad again, thus, I had to make a decision about giving it up while it's still driveable. After a month's comparison between the Caddy, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, I decided that the G8 was the best and far superior in the 30k class.

    I wanted red, though had to settle for Panther Black at the dealership because of stock. I didn't notice this until I brought it home as to why it's called Panther Black..... the black is a Metallice Black that has gleamer all through it... like a Panther's reflection.

    The vehicle is almost flawless from acceleration to the manual shifting to the external moulding.

    The flaw is in ther Honeycomb grill..... it retains water after washing and takes a lot of work to dry in those areas. Other than that, there are no water excess retention anywhere else on the body. I'm comparing this retention based on the many vehicles that I have own through the year, including the Trans Am. With all the curves , flip up headlights etc. you know what I mean when it comes to retention.

    The acceleration is a killer.... 1/4 mile 13.2 on an auto. It has true dual with quad tips. The hood vents are functional.

    On my way back from a trip, I saw a Navy Blue TA booking it on the Freeway... what a coincident, my favorite car! I caught up and paced it, then booked away. A New Mustang GT was also tailing me on this trip, it couldn't pace the G8.

    Everything is good for this vehicle except my wife will be driving it and I will be going with our old 4 banger Saturn sedan.

    My Souther Cali dealership has been moving this vehicle left and right without markups, though they don't know the GM assignment at all. If you are interested in getting one, act like a hawk at your own dealership or you will miss.

    I didn't like not being selective on color.

    Well, that's the report and here are some pictures of it that I took after a wash a wax yesterday to remove the vinyl transport adhesive. Check out the slanted perfect stance and the super stocks wheels. These stocks are the best, much better than the Dub Chromes ones they had on the other 2 that I was checking out.

    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    I am Truly Envious
    Been looking at these for a couple days now but I know I can't swing the payment yet so I'll be waiting.
    They actually pulled a Blue one in at my Work
    Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg w/19's, and a Sunroof.
    I can say that this is the first car sinced my F-body that has really got my Blood boiling.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  15. #55
    someday joejenkinsglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,120

    green
    98 formula

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Ouch, I see you are in Arkansas! You have low inventory at your dealerships!

    I am freakin faithful to my show stopper TA!!!! But you will adore and appreciate your G8 ownership much more! You will have the luxury, sharp sportiness, handling and super horses stock. You will feel that increase torque comparison to a LS1 stock engine. Once you step on it, the acceleration will not let off on that L76 engine.

    Panther black is perfect for this vehicle though I don't suggest. The settling dust is just to obvious right after a vehicle wash. I didn't like red at first, but wanted it in Red after a second dealership visit! Go Red!

    Best Regards,
    Matthew
    By the way, my dealership is in Southern California, thus, they get better alotment from GM.... though they have moved these G8s in record numbers. I believe this line will be really strong sellers... from big family to individuals have purchase and driven this vehicle. This is patically the only vehicle that gets test driven at the dealership. I'm a little surprise by this.
    I wont be getting rid of my formy or ss or probably any of my other vehicles and I will wait till the new ctsv comes out till I buy either of them but for 1/2 the price the g8 will most likely win

  16. #56
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Wink From a Stop

    Blood Boiling Craig?

    hahahahahahha Fuck..... you should have seen a black muscular young dude I was speaking to when the vehicle was washed, filled and ready to drive off at the dealership. He stopped by the dealership to check out the G8.... he was more than drooling and annoucing how freakin perfect this vehicle is from top to bottom. He explained to me about the lease he had on his 2006 Denali and wanting to trade in for ownership of the G8. He asked me how much I was making in payments for it. Since he was pratically almost past out from drooling , I didn't want to tell him about the purchase to kill his spirit. He pressed about the payment a couple times and I gave in. The vehicle is Paid Off I exclaimed. That really killed his spirit of envious.... I didn't like bringing a fellow G8 enthusiast down. He stated it needed to be taken to Vegas 5 times over hahahahah!!!!

    Despite being only $30,000 swinging the payments is a big deal at 5.4% I think... since the vehicle has not much incentive right now accept for the $1,000 Cash Back.

    Sport meets luxury is where this vehicle is at. You may want to wait for the G8 GXP to meet that 440 horses. Even with Fuel Management, this beast sucks up the juice... how can you not accelerate on at every chance you get. The flaw is at fuel management turning off when you are taking the vehicle up to pass other vehicle on the highway while coasting. There is a hesitation in gears. This vehicle does best from a Stop. From a Roll is not bad but I don't give thumbs up on it.

    Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    I am Truly Envious
    Been looking at these for a couple days now but I know I can't swing the payment yet so I'll be waiting.
    They actually pulled a Blue one in at my Work
    Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg w/19's, and a Sunroof.
    I can say that this is the first car sinced my F-body that has really got my Blood boiling.

  17. #57
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs up Bumper to Bumper

    I was looking at the new CTS if the deal didn't roll on ths G8 this past weekend. The front fascia of the CTS is really hip by far..........but you have to remember, the dealership will not budge in pricing in selling those Caddy.

    Your are right about the pricing and specs..... why pay so much for something so close and something that you can live with. Some people don't see it that way though.

    One other thing you should think about is that the G8s are not American Engineer and built.... they are Australian. This was also a selling point for me. Though I highly support our Economy with purchased etc that is US, I don't like chancing it based on the many US built vehicles that I have own from the past.

    I want a vehicle that will see at least 80,000 without anything breaking apart bumper to bumper.

    Matt

    Quote Originally Posted by joejenkinsglass View Post
    I wont be getting rid of my formy or ss or probably any of my other vehicles and I will wait till the new ctsv comes out till I buy either of them but for 1/2 the price the g8 will most likely win

  18. #58
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Craig,

    It seems like you want the whole package to the G8.... the opportunity to get it with the sun roof and my red color of choice slipped my fingers. I have not sunroof.

    Check this out man:

    Yah, the vehicle has a sportiness about it, though it does not stick out at all. It looks slick like a BMW and resembles a GTO.

    After work yesterday heading towards the OC on the highway, I took a ramp change behind a LT1 Camaro, meeting up with a Vette and Yellow GTO with double hooded black stripes. I gave the G8 a gear burst to past all of them to take the inside lane. After a while, I let down so the GTO can catch up so that I can pace this G8 with it. It was the GTO, with 2 black BMW 5 and 3 series in between us as we ramp change. The 5 series took off after the switch....the guy driving the GTO kept it rather tame, thus, I didn't couldn't pace. But from what I see, this G8 will outgun the GTO.

    Forget about the Mustang GT, though comparable in price to the G8, it is not equipped with the same performance engine to get the job done stock wise.

    This vehicle is better from a stop then from roll based on the cruise Fuel Management System. This is the drawback.... but then again most owners don't buy it to street race.

    I have good things to say as well as bad about the G8 even though I own one. The glove is super roomy where the Trunk release button can be found at. I don't know why they installed the release in there of all places.

    The stance of the vehicle slopes forward.... your front Valance will scrape the parking stop if you are not careful. I sparingly scraped the front already... booo whoo hahahaha!!!! I don't see vehicle needs lowering at all.

    This vehicle entail that much more positive aspect then negative ones.

  19. #59
    Junior Member KCB50L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11

    Impulse Blue
    2005 VZ SS Ute

    The boot release is in the glove box for security reasons, when you lock the glovebox you cannot open the boot without the remote.

  20. #60
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by KCB50L View Post
    The boot release is in the glove box for security reasons, when you lock the glovebox you cannot open the boot without the remote.
    I notice more vehicle are manufactured that way...... some don't even have a key release for the trunk....

    I was checking out the Extra Key that came with the vehicle last night and was not so happy that it doesn't fold into the remote like the original one does. Do you know why they decided to manufacture that way besides that of saving money?

    Thanks buddy,
    Matt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •