Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Cobra's Wow!

This is a discussion on Cobra's Wow! within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 Its a Maggie, not a twin screw. Good Luck...I think your gonna need it!...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Its a Maggie, not a twin screw.
    Good Luck...I think your gonna need it!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

itsa also a ls1 not a 32valve!

good luck to you kind sir
    i love me some cobras in the morning.

this is all here nor there until one of us coughs up 6k for the blower and forges our bottom end,

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

i was just reading this post and if all it would cost is 6,000 to supercharge a maro then i would definiteley do i but the truth is fellas and dont hate me for saying it, but it would cost a heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll of alot of $ to s/c a camaro. you would need new pushrods for sure, a new stronger rearend, forge the bottom end, you add up all that and then add 6,000, plus all all the labor. thats a lot off money fellas. and there's probably stuff i left out.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

your right about the money thing, for sure, but... it would be bad ass lol

and when you love something really love it like my camaros, you take the bad with the good and keep on truckin,

yeah i know your buyin a termi ggino, thats gonna be sick when you get it i cant wait to hear about it or maybe see it, lol i dont critisize you for turning to the dark side,

im a horsepower whore so who knows maybe one day ill buy a termi , till then my 3 camaros keep up with traffic just fine

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

wait a minute, it would only cost more if you wanted to run a good amount of boost, and obviously you would, im just antagonizing a bit.

you could procharge a camaro and run about ~7-8 psi with stock internals and make 450+ hp if you so choose. anything more and you'd want some stronger parts.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    i was just reading this post and if all it would cost is 6,000 to supercharge a maro then i would definiteley do i but the truth is fellas and dont hate me for saying it, but it would cost a heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll of alot of $ to s/c a camaro. you would need new pushrods for sure, a new stronger rearend, forge the bottom end, you add up all that and then add 6,000, plus all all the labor. thats a lot off money fellas. and there's probably stuff i left out.
    Yep. I should have kept my SS and installed a 408 AND a twin turbo set up. Then 650rwhp would feel boring. I want 800-1000rwhp, really. I might buy a C6 and add a turbo. So many choices these days. Look at the new GM mag and see all the crate engines! DAMN. 454 LSX and twin turbos, all Im gonna say.

Dont get me wrong, I do love my Cobra.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Good Luck...I think your gonna need it!
    Hey N20LT4, in the GMHT mag there is a 10sec LT1 T/A running 10's. Good read.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

what does everyone think about the new shelby gt500?? yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    please open a thread on it. you're going off the subject. thanks.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

wow a 10sec LT1 T/A running 10's?? thank goodness it's not a 9sec LT1 T/A running 10s.....

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    please open a thread on it. you're going off the subject. thanks.

??????????????????????

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Nay.

Fat pig. Great potential though.

10's N/A

Wow. Is that in the latest issue? I gotta renew my subscription.

The fastest Naturally Aspirated LT1 belongs to Joe Overton and has gone a best of 9.36@143 on stock type suspension with a 388-cube, AFR 227 LT4's and solid-roller - once again, no power adder. Now that's fast!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Nay.

Fat pig. Great potential though.
    im on your side, its a pos

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

nice

nice comeback on the glad its not a 9 sec running 10s lol.. that was funny... but anyways... dont know if anyone caught this.. i didnt read all 6 pgs or whatever... but ummm someone said something about comparing a z06 and a cobra r.... cobra rs arent all they were cracked up to be... not that much faster at all than a stock ls... "race car" wow... strip an ls1 and build it a little.. hmmm... no matter what until ford gets some displacement... they will never compare... o and a 03-04....what are 25 grand or so... you get an ls1 for 10 grand(good cond) supercharge it(guestimating high) 7 grand you got a 17 grand car smoking the hell out of a 25 grand car... NO REPLACEMENT.... no not even s/c.... FOR DISPLACEMENT.... (not trying to fight, termys were one of the best stangs built... and very fast.... but this is the subject.... so )

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

your right about the money thing, for sure, but... it would be bad ass lol

and when you love something really love it like my camaros, you take the bad with the good and keep on truckin,

yeah i know your buyin a termi ggino, thats gonna be sick when you get it i cant wait to hear about it or maybe see it, lol i dont critisize you for turning to the dark side,

im a horsepower whore so who knows maybe one day ill buy a termi , till then my 3 camaros keep up with traffic just fine
    lol:zoom yeah im slut for horsepower 2, which is the main reason im going for the terminator, u cant argue with its capabilities. the only other thing i was thinking was to get a SS with a lot of miles and do an engine swap(stroked 402 ls2 or something), the only problem with that is there isnt a really reliable place around here that i know of that can do that kinda thing.(and that'll probably cost more than the cobra)

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah you cant have cheap fast and relaible, you gotta pick 2,
    choose wisely

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    nice comeback on the glad its not a 9 sec running 10s lol.. that was funny... but anyways... dont know if anyone caught this.. i didnt read all 6 pgs or whatever... but ummm someone said something about comparing a z06 and a cobra r.... cobra rs arent all they were cracked up to be... not that much faster at all than a stock ls... "race car" wow... strip an ls1 and build it a little.. hmmm... no matter what until ford gets some displacement... they will never compare... o and a 03-04....what are 25 grand or so... you get an ls1 for 10 grand(good cond) supercharge it(guestimating high) 7 grand you got a 17 grand car smoking the hell out of a 25 grand car... NO REPLACEMENT.... no not even s/c.... FOR DISPLACEMENT.... (not trying to fight, termys were one of the best stangs built... and very fast.... but this is the subject.... so )

My buddies $10K (exactly $10K) Z28 with 58K on it is about to get a Procharger installed for $7900 from D'agostino racing and it will make around 470rwhp. It still needs a rear, stall, trans, few suspension mods atleast and he does have a NOS wet kit in the box for me to install in addition to that. Thats and easy $25K which is what I am about to sell my car for (whenever I decide to list it)......my Cobra will walk his car even when he is done so $25K is a bargin for 700+rwhp and all the good traits of a 30K mile car with new car smell still. Low milage SS' and WS6's with 30K are going for 20K these days.

It is nice to find an LS1 for $5-10K but some people ENJOY having an actual $30K 10sec car.

I enjoy fast cars but LSx based.

C6 H/C/N20

yeah you cant have cheap fast and relaible, you gotta pick 2,
    choose wisely
    Sure you can. An 03-04 Cobra can be financed still and you can pick up a KB Cobra for $24-28K and a measly $450/month and in a few years sell it for what you bought it for, they will hold thier value since they are so few. With a dyno run to check the tune you can run it with few if any problems such as my car. 3 years and all Ive had go bad was 2 alternators.

Thats cheap, fast AND reliable. Hell I take it on 8 hr road trips to GA, get the groceries AND street race. Still drives and smells like new too!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information