Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Cobra's Wow!

This is a discussion on Cobra's Wow! within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 This is a link to my brothers '01 Formula. He made 462rwhp with only 8psi boost, ...

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    This is a link to my brothers '01 Formula. He made 462rwhp with only 8psi boost, which is what the terminator sits @ boost-wise in stock form, with his only other mods being a ported MAF and Hooker cat-back at the time. The rest of the car was completely stock down to the manifolds & y-pipe. A comparably modded Cobra won't make anywhere near that without more bolt-ons and/or a pulley. He now has a forged 6.0 with Patriot heads pushing 621 with the same D1SC.

http://www.forcefedperformance.com/c...ide.asp?key=21

A Cobra with only 13psi (extra boost for the lack of displacement 281 vs 346) will make that and it will only cost a smart guy $600. Your brother needed a supercharger and heads and only has 621rwhp? I made more than that with JUST my blower only at 19 PSI.

There is more than $6K in that Camaro and it will stil get walked by many street Cobras. FYI.

Why am I even writing you? Do they race LT1's? Had one of those too. Dont even get me started.

Damn I love to argue. And 462rwhp is WEAK at any boost. Much more so on a 346 LSX.
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 08-24-2007 at 04:00 PM.

C6 H/C/N20

Here a few pics for you little whinners! Im just busting your balls! I love LSX'x too.

This is the most COMMON view for LSX's. LOL

10's N/A

Damn. I posted such a good response you had to respond with three. You still didn't answer the question. It was: an LS1 will make more power with the same amount of boost as a comparably modded '03-'04. I guess you read a sentence or two and went BERZERK!! Keep it shorter next time please. And as far as LT1's go, here goes pops "Black Knight". 778rwhp/786rwtq, and ya - it's an LT1 .
    http://www.forcefedperformance.com/customride.asp?key=9
    Last edited by N20LT4; 08-24-2007 at 04:47 PM. Reason: display signature
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

C6 H/C/N20

Damn. I posted such a good thread I made you respond with three. You still didn't answer the question. It was: an LS1 will make more power with the same amount of boost as a comparably modded '03-'04. I guess you read a sentence or two and went BERZERK!! See how long it took me to post? Keep it shorter next time, please

Any engine with the larger displacement will ALWAYS make more power. Now what does that do for you or your brother when I roll up to you at a light? A FI 6.0 Mod motor will make MORE power than an FI 6.0 LSX due to nature of a 4 valve. Either way, you build your LT1 and hope for the best.

I didnt go bezerk, I actually had a few PM's of guys wanting pics of the Cobra.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

this thread is pretty good. the other one is getting heated...

and i requested the pics! why the fuck not, its bad ass!

i like all this, its fun and informative!

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    this thread is pretty good. the other one is getting heated...

and i requested the pics! why the fuck not, its bad ass!

i like all this, its fun and informative!
    Exactly. Im just having fun too. Its all yours when I hit the lotto. Ill sell it to ya for $5! Really.

Hey secondgear, what are your mods?

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Exactly. Im just having fun too. Its all yours when I hit the lotto. Ill sell it to ya for $5! Really.
    done deal.

im taking n20's vette also. havent told him yet the though.

that, might be a problem....

its all awesome. we drive muscle cars in a culture of rice. rejoyce!

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    done deal.

im taking n20's vette also. havent told him yet the though.

that, might be a problem....

its all awesome. we drive muscle cars in a culture of rice. rejoyce!

I am trying to figure out a way to have the Cobra and a C6 Z06.

10's N/A

Either way, you build your LT1 and hope for the best.
    The build is in the works. The guys @ A.I. are putting together a proven combo for me. (http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiPerfLT1.html) - the first car under "Alek's NA 355". The combo made 480rwhp/419tq - that's on a 355, not a stroked block. Add my squeeze on top of that, and i'll be well over 600rw. When I wan't more, i'll go 2 stages. Termy's: BEWARE!

C6 H/C/N20

The build is in the works. The guys @ A.I. are putting together a proven combo for me. (http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiPerfLT1.html) - the first car under "Alek's NA 355". The combo made 480rwhp/419tq - that's on a 355, not a stroked block. Add my squeeze on top of that, and i'll be well over 600rw. When I wan't more, i'll go 2 stages. Termy's: BEWARE!
    Actually man that sounds pretty stout. Good luck with it. Just remember, there are Termis now with 700+rwhp and a shot of squeeze. You have no idea what TQ feels like at 3K on a Twin Screw Cobra and a 150shot. You will have lots of good races, really. Plenty to take out all but the strongest Cobras IF you even stumbled on them.

10's N/A

Actually man that sounds pretty stout. Good luck with it. Just remember, there are Termis now with 700+rwhp and a shot of squeeze. You have no idea what TQ feels like at 3K on a Twin Screw Cobra and a 150shot. You will have lots of good races, really. Plenty to take out all but the strongest Cobras IF you even stumbled on them.
    Appreciate it man. It's been about 10 years now going @ it with those 4-valves, since I was a young teen. Those motors always gave me trouble @ the street races I've always had respect for them.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Hey secondgear, what are your mods?
    umm, im not familiar with "mods" unless they are free. i have no money.

bought a few things like headers and a used cam and sold them to get money for tickets. im a typical 19 year old in that sense...

a bit of weight reduction dumped after cats, Shitty Loser Products cold air intake, previous owner ported tb (though i dont know why) and some crazy driving.

honestly i just cant afford to do anything with it while in college at this juncture. probably gonna be a cheatr cam first and alot more weight reduction. i dont need alot if im light. just a good rear so i can launch at 5500 and i will be satisfied for a while.

considered a single turbo set up but ive been scheming, and if i go big, by god im putting a kb in an f body!

Pewter
    2000 z28

you know what im wondering guys????

wheres bob?

C6 H/C/N20

Appreciate it man. It's been about 10 years now going @ it with those 4-valves, since I was a young teen. Those motors always gave me trouble @ the street races I've always had respect for them.

You know whats funny. In any race you have a 50/50% chance of winning. This means you must show atleast half the respect to ANY car/driver. You never know. Sure is fun though.

10's N/A

You know whats funny. In any race you have a 50/50% chance of winning. This means you must show atleast half the respect to ANY car/driver. You never know. Sure is fun though.
    True that!

green
    94 z28

A Cobra with only 13psi (extra boost for the lack of displacement 281 vs 346) will make that and it will only cost a smart guy $600. Your brother needed a supercharger and heads and only has 621rwhp? I made more than that with JUST my blower only at 19 PSI.

There is more than $6K in that Camaro and it will stil get walked by many street Cobras. FYI.

Why am I even writing you? Do they race LT1's? Had one of those too. Dont even get me started.

Damn I love to argue. And 462rwhp is WEAK at any boost. Much more so on a 346 LSX.
    Uh...buy a used 03 cobra for 25k or buy a used 94-96 LT1 camaro z28 or SS for $6k-$10k and spend the other $15k-$20k on mods. The LT1 would EASILLY smoke that cobra for the same price. All your buying is Mustangs high advertisement prices and a supercharger. You can throw a supercharger in any decent engine and just about talk smack. Throw the same powered supercharger into a LT1 or LS1 and I don't see the cobra standing a chance.

But that's just me. I just get tired of seeing 90% of the mustang owners being girls that think they are actually driving muscle cars when it's only a v6.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    Uh...buy a used 03 cobra for 25k or buy a used 94-96 LT1 camaro z28 or SS for $6k-$10k and spend the other $15k-$20k on mods. The LT1 would EASILLY smoke that cobra for the same price. All your buying is Mustangs high advertisement prices and a supercharger. You can throw a supercharger in any decent engine and just about talk smack. Throw the same powered supercharger into a LT1 or LS1 and I don't see the cobra standing a chance.

But that's just me. I just get tired of seeing 90% of the mustang owners being girls that think they are actually driving muscle cars when it's only a v6.
    LOL

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post

This attitude reminds me a few months back when my buddy brought 2 friends to my shop to show them my car and after I closed I took 3 other people for a ride and they (all F-body guys) were giggling like school girls and with 4 people it felt slow as crap. They were talking about it for weeks. I took the same guys for various rides in my SS with good results but nothing near the Cobra. Its impossible to go this fast this easy apart from a Terminator.

Youre gonna make 600-700rwhp from an LT1 with $6-10K? Show me a 600-700rwhp pump gas LT1 with out nitrous. Better yet make it a beautiful daily driver with AC and leather, thats only fair, thats what every Cobra has.

Exactly. To make 600-700rwhp you will have to BUILD something. With a Cobra you bolt on a blower thats easier than installing LT's on an LS1, I know first hand. Ford did ALL thier research on the short block. What would be in better shape now, a 2003 Cobra or a 1996 Camaro? Wow. Then you still need to see that the Camaro is worth AFTER youre done investing all that cash. The Cobra will actually hold every dime for years to come with no problems. Hands down victory. Point is any Camaro or Buick or Ford can be made to run 600+rwhp and runs 10's but few can be as civil as a Cobra and none will be as easy as with a Cobra. Thats all.

I have also for your record beaten 4 FI LS1's (including my last SS 3 times) so continue to hope. Youve never even been in a Cobra either, so how do you have any info to share? Only your invalid hopes.
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 08-25-2007 at 01:24 PM.

10's N/A

It's a fair argument both ways. It took Ford yeeears to finally build a solid performing Mustang. I'm happy that the Blue Oval finatics finally got one. You can come into this argument from so many different angles. The Ford guy can argue how he spent xxx amount of dollars and got all this horsepower, and the F-body guy can argue how weak naturally aspirated bolt on-heads-cam Cobra's run compared to built LT and LS motors. You add a supercharger into the mix on that 4-6, and they run. Supercharger kits have always made horsepower, just this time the factory took care of it for you. Guys with the first 4-valve 4.6's were going 12's instantly with Vortech's, Paxtons, and Powerdynes, and almost every one of those guys, including reputable one's like the fellows at MM&FF, would admit in an instant that that's what you have to do in order to keep up with those Bowtie guys. The '99 and '02 Cobra couldn't touch an LS1 F-body. The forged block and Eaton blower finally gave the Blue Oval the odds after all those years, but all it takes is a built SBC with a power adder to put things back in perspective. I don't know about most others, but I can afford to forge my bottom - thank God! The saying is true that there is no replacement for displacement.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 08-25-2007 at 03:14 PM.

C6 H/C/N20

It's a fair argument both ways. It took Ford yeeears to finally build a solid performing Mustang. I'm happy that the Blue Oval finatics finally got one. You can come into this argument from so many different angles. The Ford guy can argue how he spent xxx amount of dollars and got all this horsepower, and the F-body guy can argue how weak naturally aspirated bolt on-heads-cam Cobra's run compared to built LT and LS motors. You add a supercharger into the mix on that 4-6, and they run. Supercharger kits have always made horsepower, just this time the factory took care of it for you. Guys with the first 4-valve 4.6's were going 12's instantly with Vortech's, Paxtons, and Powerdynes, and almost every one of those guys, including reputable one's like the fellows at MM&FF, would admit in an instant that that's what you have to do in order to keep up with those Bowtie guys. The '99 and '02 Cobra couldn't touch an LS1 F-body. The forged block and Eaton blower finally gave the Blue Oval the odds after all those years, but all it takes is a built SBC with a power adder to put things back in perspective. I don't know about most others, but I can afford to forge my bottom - thank God! The saying is true that there is no replacement for displacement.
    Thats all the little eaton does for the 4.6, it simply adds displacement. How many guys run a 4.8 LSX Camaro? The S/C just helps even things, and boy does it and then some. I have no problem having friends with FI on thier LS1's. It just makes things a bit more equal, a H/C/Bolt on LS1 is not a fair race to a well tuned KB Cobra so I invite FI to GM and I also EXPECT FI to any DD car that has 600+rwhp. I would need FI if I were to get a C5 Z06 to 600rwhp.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information