Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Cobra's Wow!

This is a discussion on Cobra's Wow! within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 It is nice to find an LS1 for $5-10K but some people ENJOY having an actual ...

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    It is nice to find an LS1 for $5-10K but some people ENJOY having an actual $30K 10sec car.
    i sure do

still looks like an upgraded moosetongue no offense there. I'll take LS1 or LS2 anytime.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    wow a 10sec LT1 T/A running 10's?? thank goodness it's not a 9sec LT1 T/A running 10s.....

I sense your sarcasim but it was for N20LT4 (hence the N20LT4) since we were just talking about 10 sec N/A LT1's.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    still looks like an upgraded moosetongue no offense there. I'll take LS1 or LS2 anytime.

FI LS7 only for me, thanks.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

I sense your sarcasim but it was for N20LT4 (hence the N20LT4) since we were just talking about 10 sec N/A LT1's.
    just call me captain obvious.

Thumbs up

FI LS7 only for me, thanks.
    I like it too.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    what does everyone think about the new shelby gt500?? yay or nay?
    I dont like them, I dont like the 64 Mustang either and they DO have MAJOR potential going to 800+rwhp with only a KB install and tune but its still 3900lbs. 3400lbs and 800rwhp would be MUCH better, and if it looked like an 03 Cobra too.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    ??????????????????????
    just playing with ya.
    good engine but 3900lbs? no thanks...

C6 H/C/N20

I like it too.

I went to Chevrolet today and they had 3 (1) new 2006 and (2) new 2007 Z06's. I have NO idea whay they are not selling! Im sure the LS3 will also make them sit a little longer and lower the entry price. What will used ones be in 6 months to a year?

off subject, but I saw an LS3 with LG longtubes, cam and tune 500rwhp

C6 H/C/N20

off subject, but I saw an LS3 with LG longtubes, cam and tune 500rwhp

Exactly, I hope that ALONE will bring Z06's down a bit! I think 600-700rwhp in a C6 Z06 should be competent for a few years.

Then the Corvette SS, damn I hope to see Z06's for $45-50K

I think we're done with this thread eh, we all agree to upgarde to Z06?

10's N/A

Sure you can. An 03-04 Cobra can be financed still and you can pick up a KB Cobra for $24-28K and a measly $450/month and in a few years sell it for what you bought it for, they will hold thier value since they are so few. With a dyno run to check the tune you can run it with few if any problems such as my car. 3 years and all Ive had go bad was 2 alternators.

Thats cheap, fast AND reliable. Hell I take it on 8 hr road trips to GA, get the groceries AND street race. Still drives and smells like new too!
    First off Jayplay, there's a vid on Street Fire of a KB Cobra that blew a rod to pieces. That car was pushing 600rw as the video said. I have to use a video as an example since all of my folks are GM Die Hards. Cars are unpredictable, and any car pushing copious amounts of horsepower is subject to failure - No matter what kind of car it is, Ford or Chevy.

As far as financing a Cobra, remember with financing comes intrest, and it is only fair that it can be argued that you can pick up an F-body for much cheaper that what a person has paid for their Mustang, get a LQ9 block for dirt cheap, forge it, run a power adder, grab all the neccesities, and have a car just as powerful if not more powerful for a cheaper sum. I admit the KB upgrade gives an excellent gain for only 6 grand, but look at the initial price of the car- there's the big difference that I believe is being overlooked.

And just for kicks, the car I showed you in the video could be driven on the highway, taken to the grocery story, and raced. That's what any real street car is about. If you can't do that, then it's not a real street car.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 08-30-2007 at 08:57 PM.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

this is starting to get old.

10's N/A

Not to us guys

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

My buddies $10K (exactly $10K) Z28 with 58K on it is about to get a Procharger installed for $7900 from D'agostino racing and it will make around 470rwhp. It still needs a rear, stall, trans, few suspension mods atleast and he does have a NOS wet kit in the box for me to install in addition to that. Thats and easy $25K which is what I am about to sell my car for (whenever I decide to list it)......my Cobra will walk his car even when he is done so $25K is a bargin for 700+rwhp and all the good traits of a 30K mile car with new car smell still. Low milage SS' and WS6's with 30K are going for 20K these days.

It is nice to find an LS1 for $5-10K but some people ENJOY having an actual $30K 10sec car.

Dude that car with just headers will make 470 with a 6lb pulley... why not run the nine and put it into the 500s? It's only a pulley...

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I'm still hoping that Chevy will make a LS9 (detuned or not) available in the New Camaro. I don't care if its a special version or not that would be a Termy Camaro. Finally a GM motor built for boost. Another thing to watch for is the new Caddy cts-v with a detuned LS9 and 550 HP. Can anyone say termy Caddy?

I applaud Fords initiative with the terminators, Lightnings and the GT. Factory FI is what I have wanted for years. Being a die hard Bowtie fanatic I love the Termies but could not pull myself around to owning one .

I couldn't help but to respond to the beating on the LT1's. They my be a little outdated but they are still viable. Hell in the 07 PGD's there is a 96 Impala in the 9's with one. 4400 lb 9 second beast.

I know 700-800 hp Termys on bottom ends but what about the higher end of the spectrum? I'm sure there's mod motors in the 1K region?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Sure you can. An 03-04 Cobra can be financed still and you can pick up a KB Cobra for $24-28K and a measly $450/month and in a few years sell it for what you bought it for, they will hold thier value since they are so few. With a dyno run to check the tune you can run it with few if any problems such as my car. 3 years and all Ive had go bad was 2 alternators.

Thats cheap, fast AND reliable. Hell I take it on 8 hr road trips to GA, get the groceries AND street race. Still drives and smells like new too!
    bro, i dunno what your talking about, but i know a few people with corbras from pulleys to kb's, and no joke under warranty only like 10k on the motor it droppped a valve, my other buddy with the kb blew a rod out the side of his block racing some vette, and i read up on all the tsb and recalls, and there is a tsb about the 32 valve spinning rod bearings, sooo....
    dont tell me that your car is reliable
    a. along with the 25k sticker comes and outrageous insurance bill, and yearly registration. cheap huh? think again
    b. no car pushed 300horsepower over stock is reliable, the bottom end nor the drivetrain.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

so far your car isnt cheap and its not reliable, maybe your is just lucky but others are not.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    First off Jayplay, there's a vid on Street Fire of a KB Cobra that blew a rod to pieces. That car was pushing 600rw as the video said. I have to use a video as an example since all of my folks are GM Die Hards. Cars are unpredictable, and any car pushing copious amounts of horsepower is subject to failure - No matter what kind of car it is, Ford or Chevy.

As far as financing a Cobra, remember with financing comes intrest, and it is only fair that it can be argued that you can pick up an F-body for much cheaper that what a person has paid for their Mustang, get a LQ9 block for dirt cheap, forge it, run a power adder, grab all the neccesities, and have a car just as powerful if not more powerful for a cheaper sum. I admit the KB upgrade gives an excellent gain for only 6 grand, but look at the initial price of the car- there's the big difference that I believe is being overlooked.

And just for kicks, the car I showed you in the video could be driven on the highway, taken to the grocery story, and raced. That's what any real street car is about. If you can't do that, then it's not a real street car.
    I agree in many ways but like I said before I want a nice, mint car not a 10K F-body. Now I wouldnt mind a low milage WS6 for a DD but then at $19-22K but slow as a turd (here is a decent one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...QQcmdZViewItem
    and then to get that car to 550-600rwhp is a ton of money and time. That advantage would be a Cobra BY FAR. So the money for a newer car is stupid to argue. Yea you can go out and find a 98 F-bod that only needs a whole new engine, trans and rear but then damn it still has XXX,XXX miles and for what? Give me a low milage F-bod anyday compared to a wornout one. My SS when I sold it had 90K and it held up ok but getting into a Cobra with 24K on it was a dream, since its newer and fresh. Money can easily buy power but not the mint qualities of a low milage car.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information