Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Can you guys help with my Cavalier?

Okay, I fully understand this is a LS1 forum. But I am in dier need of actual electrical help. People on caviforum or whatever are half way stupid and i'm not getting anywhere with them..no offence of course..

Okay for a while now my dash lights haven't worked. One day all the sudden I turned my lights on and i noticed the dash lights (behind the speedo and gas guage) didnt work. But the idiot lights do.. turn signals do. And then i find out that my rear running lights are not working either. but the actual brake lights are working. So pretty much, the dash lights and the rear running lights when you turn the headlights on, do not light up. And also, my front parking lights do not work.

I thought it was the turn signal/headlight switch. so i found one for 25 bucks and put it on today. excited that it would work, that activated all of those lights when turning the headlights on so i put it on and to my demise, it didn't work. I'm at a loss of ideas. Has anyone ever heard of these problems happening before? Does anyone even know of where i could find a wiring diagram online? I need some help. Along with this going on I also have a fuel leak. This car is giving me nothing but trouble since buying it as a beater a year ago. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

IDK about the tail lights but have you checked the dimmer switch for the panel lights? Might just be down or off.

black
    1998 transam ws6

on a lot of gm cars the dash and taillights use the same fuse have u checked the fuse good luck

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by gotws6 View Post
    on a lot of gm cars the dash and taillights use the same fuse have u checked the fuse good luck
    Yeah, i spent this whole weekend working on that car. today i fixed the fuel line that was spewing gas all over. while trying to repair that, the return line and drivers rear brake line broke too. I was going to fix everything atleast half way right and after that point, i was like f*** it, i crimped the brake line and i bought some fuel injection hose, flared the fuel line and slipped the hose on and doubled clamped it. I am just tired of this car. I know crimping stuff is not the right way.. but whatever.

earlier this weekend i replaced the turn signal switch with a brand new ac delco i found on CL for 25 bucks. and i also replaced the third brake light bulbs since i found those to be blown. That didnt fix it. i found the hot wire going into the switch didn't have power. i was going to splice into another hot wire. well i ended up replacing a couple fuses i blew when testing the hot wire on the switch. replaced them and now everything works. so i didnt have to splice anything. I hate cars

Thread Information