Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Cadzilla - 6.2 L V8 Supercharged 620hp LSA

That's right! The New Cadillac will have the LSA ZR1 engine that is detuned for lower output! This beast is boasting 620 horses at Supercharged and 550 on the lower scale. The base price for this vehicle is $62,000.......... that's almost half the price of the ZR1. Sounds pretty impressive.

By the way, Porsche is coming out with a 4 door sedan hahahah!

19 in rims!
    Last edited by matthewaqui; 01-31-2008 at 05:50 PM.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Where are all the guys who say that ford needed to supercharge the mustang to keep up with us. Now Gm is supercharging the CTS-V and Vett and it's all good now??

So it's okay for the guys who own the new Viper 600hp to say that the Vett could not keep up with them that's why they supercharged it? Then they will say if our cars came supercharged from the factory.

What goes around comes around guys. Don't jump on the LS9 band wagon because you don't like supercharges.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Where are all the guys who say that ford needed to supercharge the mustang to keep up with us. Now Gm is supercharging the CTS-V and Vett and it's all good now??

So it's okay for the guys who own the new Viper 600hp to say that the Vett could not keep up with them that's why they supercharged it? Then they will say if our cars came supercharged from the factory.

What goes around comes around guys. Don't jump on the LS9 band wagon because you don't like supercharges.
    So what if it needs superchargering? The viper has an 8.4 and the vette had a 7.0 and still kicked the shit out of it. Dodge finally got its head out of their asses and finally updated a motor that much needed it. Ever thought it was funny that a base c6 could keep up with a new viper. I thought that was quite hilarious. Who ohnestly gives two shits whether a vehicle is N/A or has a power adder. To me the only thing that matters is Cost vs Performance.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    That's right! The New Cadillac will have the LSA ZR1 engine that is detuned for lower output! This beast is boasting 620 horses at Supercharged and 550 on the lower scale. The base price for this vehicle is $62,000.......... that's almost half the price of the ZR1. Sounds pretty impressive.

By the way, Porsche is coming out with a 4 door sedan hahahah!

Click for full size

19 in rims!
    Probably more around 550 or lesser, can't really see chevy having a vehicle 30k less being almost as quick as a 100k car. Maybe. But the ctv is also going to be a complete fatass like all luxury performance cars which is fine but will hurt its performance. But for 60k it's a hell of a deal. Might be looking into trading in the vette and getting one if they actually are only 60k!!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Only Owner!

This vehicle is certainly better looking than many of its counterparts, but the price looks very steep..... though once again, I feel the performance is there and it can seat more people. I'm more than sure the Interior is top of the line.

I saw the Cadillac Sport two-seater today... and older gentleman was driving it. Looks quite nice and sharp... I think he is the only one for millions of miles around with ownership.

Here is the image..... and from the Caddy site, it's priced at $81,000 Holy Crap, no wonder why he is the only owner.

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Probably more around 550 or lesser, can't really see chevy having a vehicle 30k less being almost as quick as a 100k car. Maybe. But the ctv is also going to be a complete fatass like all luxury performance cars which is fine but will hurt its performance. But for 60k it's a hell of a deal. Might be looking into trading in the vette and getting one if they actually are only 60k!!

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

So what if it needs superchargering? The viper has an 8.4 and the vette had a 7.0 and still kicked the shit out of it. Dodge finally got its head out of their asses and finally updated a motor that much needed it. Ever thought it was funny that a base c6 could keep up with a new viper. I thought that was quite hilarious. Who ohnestly gives two shits whether a vehicle is N/A or has a power adder. To me the only thing that matters is Cost vs Performance.
    It's for the guys who put down supercharged cars from other manufactures. And lots of people give two shits because a turbo or supercharged car in the same class will be eazyer and cheaper to get power than a NA motor.

white
    2000 Z28

the 500 z06 beat out the 600 viper in overall categories i thought maybe im trippin i know there was a comparison on youtube that had alot of stuff from handlin to 1/4 mile in there. i was under the impression the ls9 was released after the vette was trashed on by the gtr which still has yet to show real numbers. the gtr article just shows the designers goal. the ls9 has yet to be run to my knowledge as well though. but seeing as how the motor trend with the gtr labeled corvette killer, NOT z06 killer, was released then the following issue the return of the king zr1 came out. it seemed like a rebutal to the gtr to me.
    2000 white z28, t-tops, free mods, intake, full exhaust, dyno tune, repro c5 z06 wheels, and some elbow grease here and there.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink

Yah man.. but when it comes to a luxury vehicle, the quick and prowness of a sports car is not of the essence. Having two 4th Gen TA and turning 40 in a couple years, I somewhat had an attraction for a luxury vehicle last year. Guess I don't have a mid life crisis unlike others who is of the reverse hahahaah.

But then again, I'm sure your Corvette is also a garage queen huh? I hate having a vehicle of that sort as well, I feel it's a waste of maintenance, insurance, etc... but hey, that's the cost of ownership.

It's a shame to have vehicles running our lives and interest!

As of right now, I'm holding out and gunning for a 2010 Camaro.

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Yah man.. but when it comes to a luxury vehicle, the quick and prowness of a sports car is not of the essence. Having two 4th Gen TA and turning 40 in a couple years, I somewhat had an attraction for a luxury vehicle last year. Guess I don't have a mid life crisis unlike others who is of the reverse hahahaah.

But then again, I'm sure your Corvette is also a garage queen huh? I hate having a vehicle of that sort as well, I feel it's a waste of maintenance, insurance, etc... but hey, that's the cost of ownership.

It's a shame to have vehicles running our lives and interest!

As of right now, I'm holding out and gunning for a 2010 Camaro.

Matttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Well she's not a garage queen. I drive her at LEAST twice a week if not more. My T/A is driven way less than my vette. I agree, what's the point in having a vehicle if you don't drive it.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

to bad the Viper is gone in 2011...ahahaha

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by Demon_Z28 View Post
    to bad the Viper is gone in 2011...ahahaha

Any proof on that?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I've read a couple articles about it, sadly. Say what you want, but I'd rather have a 1996-2002 GTS than any Vette.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'd take a C6 Z06 and a Viper.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Viper first here, but then again, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford either one, so I'll just build my car up to be faster than both of them.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's what my goal is!

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Life's Behavior

For looks, I take the Viper any day of the week. Nothing beats the styling of that vehicle besides that of a Lamborghini. I can afford to make the purchase of that vehicle, but being your average guy, ownership would be too costly having it sit in my garage and not driving it every single day. I don't care who you are, if you have a high cost vehicle, there is always someone, somewhere wanting to screw it up. Ownership would be an unpleasant feeling most of the time. If we were filthy rich, than it would be a different story wouldn't it.

At any rate, the wealthy still make those costly vehicle their weekend rider and not place mileage on it. Just look up those use vehicle for sale and you will see them with low miles.

We just tend to value more what we have to fork up the bucks for. It's just one of life behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by C&Cbird View Post
    Viper first here, but then again, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford either one, so I'll just build my car up to be faster than both of them.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Ford Supercharged the Mustang Cobra and for the performance that it is putting down (the Termi's) you have to give credit when it is due. You can't say the Cobra is a piece of Shit when deep inside we all know that it isn't. Sure it's supercharged, but who gives a fuck. So what GM is supercharging now too. I don't agree with the Viper/Vette comparison. Even though they fall under the same category they are two different cars. The Vette is a light-weight, manuvarable, V8 "sports car." The Viper is a fat pig with a V10 under the hood.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

That "fat pig" as you call it, weighs less than a SS does. If I remember correctly, it only has about 150 pounds on a regular C6. Fat pig is a better description of the Cobra and the new Shelby Cobra.

That car would be an awsome sleeper I can see the comercials now. That car pulls up on a viper at a red light and starts playing with the viper and pulls away from it and at the next red light the Caddy driver rolls down the tinted window and its an 80 year old woman. then

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by tjw2 View Post
    That car would be an awsome sleeper I can see the comercials now. That car pulls up on a viper at a red light and starts playing with the viper and pulls away from it and at the next red light the Caddy driver rolls down the tinted window and its an 80 year old woman. then

This kind of makes me think of the G8 commercials while watching the B.Ball games. The G8 looked awesome until the M.B. C63 burnout commercials were on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information