Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 104

The 3000GT/Stealth

This is a discussion on The 3000GT/Stealth within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch listen to me brother, i am not knocking you, but until youve "been there" dont put ...

  1. #21
    Stealth Owner EStealth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    32

    Firestorm Red
    1993 Stealth ES

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    listen to me brother, i am not knocking you, but until youve "been there" dont put up much of a fight or waste much time arguing in favor of the DSM coalition. I assure you it was a big joke. you have a mild front wheel drive es, no turbos, no transfer cases, no problems. you have not yet entered the realm that is Diamond Star Motors, nor do you want to. you are 18 man. you are probably poor like the majority of us youngsters and itching to be fast on the street or strip. you should be enjoying the god given machinery that is GM and (oh my god) Ford and Dodge. hell even new shit like sti's and such....
    but please, i beg you from personal experience, do not fall victim to the aphrodisiac of the turbo ....especially an early 90's effort from the worst merger in automobile history. if you really want me to go off on a tangent about personal history i wont, but if it saves your future to spill my beans i will take one for the team man. please for god sake, just stay calm, dont go to any import meets or anything that will falsely sway you......
    I've already fallen "victim" to the 3/S community. It's not that I like the car because it's "fast" or has turbos. I just like the car for it's looks and becuase it sounds nice. I like the sound of the spooling turbos. One day I pulled up next to one, and asked what he's done to it and he said that he just has the exhaust opened up. When he took off (normally) I heard the turbos, and I was in complete awe. If/When I get my RT/TT I will take care of it, and try not to race very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly. A cheaply made, poorly designed, ugly ass alien spaceship
    Yea, but it'll be MY ugly ass, POS, alien spaceship!!!

    EDIT: The only car that I like more is the Viper, which I won't get for an EXTREMEMLY LONG time!

  2. #22
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by EStealth View Post
    I've already fallen "victim" to the 3/S community. It's not that I like the car because it's "fast" or has turbos. I just like the car for it's looks and becuase it sounds nice. I like the sound of the spooling turbos. One day I pulled up next to one, and asked what he's done to it and he said that he just has the exhaust opened up. When he took off (normally) I heard the turbos, and I was in complete awe. If/When I get my RT/TT I will take care of it, and try not to race very much.



    Yea, but it'll be MY ugly ass, POS, alien spaceship!!!

    EDIT: The only car that I like more is the Viper, which I won't get for an EXTREMEMLY LONG time!
    just lookin out for ya man, but if thats you then go for it. just take it for what it is....old and complicated. and be weary of your wallet because it doesnt take much to make a twin turbo car fast perse, it does however take alot of cash to make them reliable and daily drivalble. they, like many other good intentioned cars are plagued with problems. like the lt1 and its ignition system. everything can have problems, but some havent withstood the test of time. it is alot wiser to choose a less problematic platform to start with like a newer and non dsm automobile if you want to stick with imports. its the same as deciding whether to save money on an lt1 or spend the extra to get the ls1......
    i think we all know the logical answer to that.....

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    1
    92 Stealth RT/TT

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    ...4.ask yourself how YOU are going to work on it, how you can fix the boost leak from the shitty internal wastegates of the 13gs and the failing transfer case when you somehow muster up 16 psi on a stock and shitty fuel pump then drop the clutch and break it plus the drive shaft all while simoultaneously hitting fuel cut without much effort.....
    do yourself a favor, stay away, FAR AWAY........
    It looks like you live in Missouri. Are you anywhere near KC? If so, I'd be happy to embarass you with my piece of shit Stealth.

  4. #24
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    It looks like you live in Missouri. Are you anywhere near KC? If so, I'd be happy to embarass you with my piece of shit Stealth.
    dont come on here talking shit.
    let me school you.
    1. i had a dsm
    2. my friends had dsm's
    3. did i say they were slow? no, i said they were unreliable.

    i live in st. louis. if you can make it down 70 sometime i would be more than willing to run you from whatever speed, stop light, ice patch, field, track, backroad or highway you prefer.
    do me a favor though, read what i wrote, and then ask me before you start saying shit. till then, you can shut the fuck up.....

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    listen to me brother, i am not knocking you, but until youve "been there" dont put up much of a fight or waste much time arguing in favor of the DSM coalition. I assure you it was a big joke. you have a mild front wheel drive es, no turbos, no transfer cases, no problems. you have not yet entered the realm that is Diamond Star Motors, nor do you want to. you are 18 man. you are probably poor like the majority of us youngsters and itching to be fast on the street or strip. you should be enjoying the god given machinery that is GM and (oh my god) Ford and Dodge. hell even new shit like sti's and such....
    but please, i beg you from personal experience, do not fall victim to the aphrodisiac of the turbo ....especially an early 90's effort from the worst merger in automobile history. if you really want me to go off on a tangent about personal history i wont, but if it saves your future to spill my beans i will take one for the team man. please for god sake, just stay calm, dont go to any import meets or anything that will falsely sway you......

    1. The 3000gt/stealth is not a DSM
    2. The stock twins are 9b's not 13'gs
    3. Your a fucking retard
    4. Its funny you talk so much shit about cars u seem to not know much about.
    5. Refer to number 3

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    31

    Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    the 2jz supra engine is nothing like that piece of shit under the vr-4 hood. first of all the supra is an inline six with two cams, mounted longitudal for the rear wheel drive platform (the way things should be which is why im not too mad at toyota). that hunk of shit mitsu is a 4 cam v6, twin turbo transversely mounted which means that when you look under the hood you:
    1. throw up blood
    2. wonder how anyone but a jap/german collective effort could have squeezed all that shit sideways ontop of a weak transaxle, which you will NEVER see.
    3.throw up again
    4.ask yourself how YOU are going to work on it, how you can fix the boost leak from the shitty internal wastegates of the 13gs and the failing transfer case when you somehow muster up 16 psi on a stock and shitty fuel pump then drop the clutch and break it plus the drive shaft all while simoultaneously hitting fuel cut without much effort.....
    do yourself a favor, stay away, FAR AWAY........
    The 3/S trans is actually pretty strong, the weakness comes from the transfer case. IIRC Mitsu themselves gave instruction to use the incorrect viscosity trans fluid..which lead to the fragging of many early Getrags. With the new billet transfer cases (that have yet to be broken) the problem is solved.

    Our cars come with 9b's stock, not 13g's; he only 3000gt's that came with 13g turbos stock were the Eurospecs.

    Fuel cut at 1 bar ..... Interesting I'll have to ask about that since I've never heard of that or the amazing exploding drive shafts before



    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    listen to me brother, i am not knocking you, but until youve "been there" dont put up much of a fight or waste much time arguing in favor of the DSM coalition. I assure you it was a big joke. you have a mild front wheel drive es, no turbos, no transfer cases, no problems. you have not yet entered the realm that is Diamond Star Motors, nor do you want to. you are 18 man. you are probably poor like the majority of us youngsters and itching to be fast on the street or strip. you should be enjoying the god given machinery that is GM and (oh my god) Ford and Dodge. hell even new shit like sti's and such....
    but please, i beg you from personal experience, do not fall victim to the aphrodisiac of the turbo ....especially an early 90's effort from the worst merger in automobile history. if you really want me to go off on a tangent about personal history i wont, but if it saves your future to spill my beans i will take one for the team man. please for god sake, just stay calm, dont go to any import meets or anything that will falsely sway you......
    For all of the wisdom that you saw fit to bestow upon both the kid and the forum you forgot one thing. The 3/s is NOT a dsm. It makes me wonder if said personal experience stems from a brief jaunt on Edmunds.com or other internet forum goers that can't tell the difference between my VR4 and an Eclipse GSX

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    just lookin out for ya man

    You're like 10 minutes older than he is.....no I'm sorry..less than 12 months
    ---------------------------------------
    For The Record
    I don't think my car is the best, fastest, or most powerful. I'm not a 3/s or LS1 fanboi..I just ask that when folks give the pros or cons of another platform they know wtf they are talking about
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 03-27-2007 at 02:40 PM.

  7. #27
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by jhut03 View Post
    1. The 3000gt/stealth is not a DSM
    2. The stock twins are 9b's not 13'gs
    3. Your a fucking retard
    4. Its funny you talk so much shit about cars u seem to not know much about.
    5. Refer to number 3
    stop trolling threads you rice dipshits.
    wow i believe that you are the retart. the stealth and 3000gt are dsms.
    see dsm was a joint effort between chrysler and mitsu to produce similar cars. ever wonder why a talon and an eclipse look so much alot you fucking moron???? i had a 90 gsx, i actually work on my cars so i would think I would be fucking qualified to make a statement about them...
    and the twin turbos off of 3000gts and stealth tts are 13g twins. how do i know? my god, i guess i had one and put it on as a temp replacement for the super 16g i had that broke the oil line from the block to the turbo and seized up the blades. but yeah im a retard.
    i would love to chat but you are a homo and i would rather beat your ass than argue with you over shit you dont know.
    god damn, you both have one post....hmmmm
    and you start on a forum by talking shit to ppl you dont know.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    stop trolling threads you rice dipshits.
    wow i believe that you are the retart. the stealth and 3000gt are dsms.
    see dsm was a joint effort between chrysler and mitsu to produce similar cars. ever wonder why a talon and an eclipse look so much alot you fucking moron???? i had a 90 gsx, i actually work on my cars so i would think I would be fucking qualified to make a statement about them...
    and the twin turbos off of 3000gts and stealth tts are 13g twins. how do i know? my god, i guess i had one and put it on as a temp replacement for the super 16g i had that broke the oil line from the block to the turbo and seized up the blades. but yeah im a retard.
    i would love to chat but you are a homo and i would rather beat your ass than argue with you over shit you dont know.
    god damn, you both have one post....hmmmm
    and you start on a forum by talking shit to ppl you dont know.
    You sir, have no clue about what you speak of.

    A 3000gt and stealth are NOT DSM's. If you are so positive, would you care to make a wager on that? Let's say 20 grand cash? I'll fly down to where ever you are located with cash in a brief case, and place my wager. Can you come up with 20 in cash?

    I dont even own a 3000 or stealth and know they are NOT a Diamond Star Motor car.

    Know your facts before you spew out bullshit.

    Whether myself or others have 1 or 1000 posts makes no difference, we know the facts. You sir, do not.

    It's too bad you didn't spend the money you spent on whatever you are driving on an education

    They also have 9B's stock as turbochargers, not 13's, sorry, you are wrong yet again.

    Care to make any other idiotic statements champ?

  9. #29
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    The 3/S trans is actually pretty strong, the weakness comes from the transfer case. IIRC Mitsu themselves gave instruction to use the incorrect viscosity trans fluid..which lead to the fragging of many early Getrags. With the new billet transfer cases (that have yet to be broken) the problem is solved.

    Our cars come with 9b's stock, not 13g's; he only 3000gt's that came with 13g turbos stock were the Eurospecs. Fuel cut at 1 bar ..... Interesting I'll have to ask about that since I've never heard of that or the amazing exploding drive shafts before





    For all of the wisdom that you saw fit to bestow upon both the kid and the forum you forgot one thing. The 3/s is NOT a dsm. It makes me wonder if said personal experience stems from a brief jaunt on Edmunds.com or other internet forum goers that can't tell the difference between my VR4 and an Eclipse GSX


    I don't think my car is the best, fastest, or most powerful. I'm not a 3/s or LS1 fanboi..I just ask that when folks give the pros or cons of another platform they know wtf they are talking about
    actually it is a dsm. all cars from 88-93 were technically dsms. edmunds huh? thats funny. and im an ls1 fanboy. damn, wonder why.
    im wondering, did you decide to all join to act like you know about shit or what. this is an ls1 website. i know what i know bc ive been there and had both. do any of you have ls1's. no. so shut the fuck up and take your bullshit else where. i believe i said the transfer cases were weak. fuel cut is at 16 psi on a stock fuel pump on MY old GSX, ok faggot. i was lumping all those pieces of shits together. why dont you ask any respectable evo owner if the dsm products were good or strong.
    oh and euro specs.....hmmmm
    not sure where you get info but they werent diff... dsms in japan had the 6 bolt "red top" engines with the dual runner intakes and butterfly valve actuators. thats called the 4g63. the 6g72 has stock 13g turbos and where the fuck did you pull euro spec from.

    oh yeah my camaro has the euro spec ls1 with the euro spec 6 speed.... im the only one who has had a euro spec chevy and a euro spec dsm too....

  10. #30
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hieveryone View Post
    You sir, have no clue about what you speak of.

    A 3000gt and stealth are NOT DSM's. If you are so positive, would you care to make a wager on that? Let's say 20 grand cash? I'll fly down to where ever you are located with cash in a brief case, and place my wager. Can you come up with 20 in cash?

    I dont even own a 3000 or stealth and know they are NOT a Diamond Star Motor car.

    Know your facts before you spew out bullshit.

    Whether myself or others have 1 or 1000 posts makes no difference, we know the facts. You sir, do not.

    It's too bad you didn't spend the money you spent on whatever you are driving on an education

    another homo. ok yes and ill pick you up from lambert. or would you care to wager that this is the real name of the airport. i love you trolls.
    and yes i actually do know, and no this isnt bullshit.
    and ill wager you have your hand on your cock getting off to this shit too....

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    another homo. ok yes and ill pick you up from lambert. or would you care to wager that this is the real name of the airport. i love you trolls.
    and yes i actually do know, and no this isnt bullshit.
    and ill wager you have your hand on your cock getting off to this shit too....

    Post a picture of 20 grand and I'll get on a flight within the hour.

  12. #32
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hieveryone View Post
    You sir, have no clue about what you speak of.

    A 3000gt and stealth are NOT DSM's. If you are so positive, would you care to make a wager on that? Let's say 20 grand cash? I'll fly down to where ever you are located with cash in a brief case, and place my wager. Can you come up with 20 in cash?

    I dont even own a 3000 or stealth and know they are NOT a Diamond Star Motor car.

    Know your facts before you spew out bullshit.

    Whether myself or others have 1 or 1000 posts makes no difference, we know the facts. You sir, do not.

    It's too bad you didn't spend the money you spent on whatever you are driving on an education

    They also have 9B's stock as turbochargers, not 13's, sorry, you are wrong yet again.

    Care to make any other idiotic statements champ?
    dare i ask what you drive???? go look it all up.
    im not wrong which is why this is soooo funny.
    all you say is youre wrong, no supporting facts.
    and i think its funny how none of you argued that your favorite cars are pieces of shit......

  13. #33
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hieveryone View Post
    Post a picture of 20 grand and I'll get on a flight within the hour.
    post a pic of what you drive and i will keep arguing with you
    oh great intentions, ive got the best of interventions...

    Missouri and Central IL members come in!!!!!
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f26/missouri-muscle-central-il-come-48861/

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    stop trolling threads you rice dipshits.
    wow i believe that you are the retart. the stealth and 3000gt are dsms.
    see dsm was a joint effort between chrysler and mitsu to produce similar cars. ever wonder why a talon and an eclipse look so much alot you fucking moron???? i had a 90 gsx, i actually work on my cars so i would think I would be fucking qualified to make a statement about them...
    and the twin turbos off of 3000gts and stealth tts are 13g twins. how do i know? my god, i guess i had one and put it on as a temp replacement for the super 16g i had that broke the oil line from the block to the turbo and seized up the blades. but yeah im a retard.
    i would love to chat but you are a homo and i would rather beat your ass than argue with you over shit you dont know.
    god damn, you both have one post....hmmmm
    and you start on a forum by talking shit to ppl you dont know.

    So you mean to tell me that because you work on your car makes you qualified to say false stuff. Im not about to let some "mechanic" work on my car so i do it. Doesnt mean I am going to start talkin shit about a platform that I have no idea about. and yes i signed up on here only to correct you on your tarded up statements.

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    dare i ask what you drive???? go look it all up.
    im not wrong which is why this is soooo funny.
    all you say is youre wrong, no supporting facts.
    and i think its funny how none of you argued that your favorite cars are pieces of shit......
    again, i dont drive one, they are not my favorite cars, i just know my facts.

    I drive a 03 C5 if it makes any difference at all, which it doesnt.

    Again, please post a picture of the 20 grand in cash that will soon be mine.

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    dare i ask what you drive???? go look it all up.
    im not wrong which is why this is soooo funny.
    all you say is youre wrong, no supporting facts.
    and i think its funny how none of you argued that your favorite cars are pieces of shit......
    o and you ragged on the 3S about build quality when you drive a GM? interesting....

  17. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1
    <<<< DRIVER OF A UK/EUROSPEC 3000GT WITH 13G TURBOS.

    you asshat.

  18. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    31

    Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    stop trolling threads you rice dipshits.
    wow i believe that you are the retart.
    I initially stopped reading here..about where you spelled retard incorrectly.

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    the stealth and 3000gt are dsms.
    see dsm was a joint effort between chrysler and mitsu to produce similar cars. ever wonder why a talon and an eclipse look so much alot you fucking moron???? i had a 90 gsx, i actually work on my cars so i would think I would be fucking qualified to make a statement about them...
    and the twin turbos off of 3000gts and stealth tts are 13g twins. how do i know? my god, i guess i had one and put it on as a temp replacement for the super 16g i had that broke the oil line from the block to the turbo and seized up the blades. but yeah im a retard.
    i would love to chat but you are a homo and i would rather beat your ass than argue with you over shit you dont know.
    god damn, you both have one post....hmmmm
    and you start on a forum by talking shit to ppl you dont know.

    You're a total tool and here is the proof:

    1) DSM = Built in Normal, IL 3/S = Built in Nagoya, Japan.

    2) US Spec 3000GT/Stealth = 9b stock Eurospec = 13g stock - The 13g was a common upgrade for the 3/S in the mid/late 90's-up.. The 15g and Super 15g are also another common upgrade.

    3) Super 16g? Errr...do you know the difference between TDo4 and TDo5 turbos? Do you mean Super 15g? I know you're kind of slow but help me help you...

    4) You had a 90 GSX...wow. Horray for you...

  19. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    I initially stopped reading here..about where you spelled retard incorrectly.




    You're a total tool and here is the proof:

    1) DSM = Built in Normal, IL 3/S = Built in Nagoya, Japan.

    2) US Spec 3000GT/Stealth = 9b stock Eurospec = 13g stock - The 13g was a common upgrade for the 3/S in the mid/late 90's-up.. The 15g and Super 15g are also another common upgrade.

    3) Super 16g? Errr...do you know the difference between TDo4 and TDo5 turbos? Do you mean Super 15g? I know you're kind of slow but help me help you...

    4) You had a 90 GSX...wow. Horray for you...
    to the man who has to scratch second gear like the bad case of crabs in his pants, read #1, re-read it again, say it out loud, and remember it. After you have done that, you can move on to 2-4

  20. #40
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    i will retract only one statement that you all seem to be only arguing with me over. the 3000gts and stealths are not considered dsm's because they were assembled in jap land. that is one consensus of one site. other sites say different. no one knows for sure.
    but the point remains, they are unreliable and you all are pathetic for trying to defend them. wow, you only called me on the fact that they arent technically and allegedly dsm's.
    seems suspect and you all seem gay. but who am i to judge.
    listen if you want to argue technical or mechanical or actually driving of dsms and times and traps speeds and the things a site like this is designed for i would be more than happy to stick my fanboy foot up your uninformed, trolling asses.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3000GT m5, anyone ever work on them?
    By ibanez7 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM
  2. Raced a 3000GT VR-4 TT
    By 95camaroZNC in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 06:26 PM
  3. Why do 3000gt's try?
    By sharptransam in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 05:26 PM
  4. 02 ws6 vs. 92 3000gt twin turbo
    By 03regency in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 10:44 AM
  5. 95 3000gt Sl
    By scubasteve in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •