Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Firestorm Red
    1993 Stealth ES

The 3000GT/Stealth

What do you guys think of the 3/S? Personally the '93 Stealth is my favorite car (after that would be the '02 T/A WS6).
    Basic Specs:
    300-320 @6000RPM HP
    307-315 @2500RPM Torque
    3.0L DOHC Twin Turbo V6
    ~ 3,800 lbs
    AWD
    Pics:

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

They are both OK..... But also 3000GT and Stealth have a real bad AWD system... and the engine needs to be upgraded first before more boost... it isn't a Skyline or Supra... Go with the T/A or Camaro and just boost that... you can get more and more hp from a V8 than a V6!

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    They are both OK..... But also 3000GT and Stealth have a real bad AWD system... and the engine needs to be upgraded first before more boost... it isn't a Skyline or Supra... Go with the T/A or Camaro and just boost that... you can get more and more hp from a V8 than a V6!
    +1 ..have always been in love with the looks of the vr-4 though

Firestorm Red
    1993 Stealth ES

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SuperSportMaro View Post
    Yea I know you can get more power from a V8, but I like to be different! Ray Pampena bored out the 6G72 engine from the 3/S' to 3.7L and he might be working on a 4.5L 6G74 (normally it's a 3.5L.) The engines are $9K I believe. As for upgrading... that's why we have 3SX, and Dynamic Racing! Can't wait to get my '93 RT/TT and send it to 3SX

My second car will be a '00-'02 Trans Am with a LS7 engine swap, and then I'll send it somewhere to get a suspension/handling upgrade.

EDIT: I can't stand the Skyline, or the Supra. IMO they are both way over-hyped.

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

Wow you like dreaming. T/A with LS7 swap then "send it somewhere" for suspension? That's a hell of a plan but relize the motor will cost about as much as the car.
    I use to be a fan of the 3000 but they were not very well made cars...interior and drivetrain expecially. Unlike the Skyline or the Supra which are what the 3000 and Stealth wish they were. But if I was to get one it would be a VR4 AWD, AWS, with the cool wing. i.e. http://media.dealerfusion.com/images/000658-2169PS.jpg

Firestorm Red
    1993 Stealth ES

^ I like the interior of the 3/S. My dad first got his Stealth when I was like 13, and I thought that the interior was like a alien ship!

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I won't argue with you there. It is just that I had a few friends who's 3000 interior literally fell to pieces. Maybe they didn't take the best care of them but still.

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

The Supra is not over-hyped, it was over-engineered. that's why those cars make the power that they do. Skylines are eh. I drove a bunch while in Japan and like the R33 best. Did you know they come in 4-doors?
    Anyways, my father-in-law had a green Stealth ES and while I didn't much care for it, the car just wouldn't die! I think he put well over 200K on it with the only problem being the hazy clear-coat.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

dont those 3kgt's/stealths weight like 4000 lbs? they look hot tho, but not as hot as an f-body

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

YES there dam near 4000lbs

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Heavy pigs.

Firestorm Red
    1993 Stealth ES

Quote Originally Posted by danziger View Post
    The Supra is not over-hyped, it was over-engineered. that's why those cars make the power that they do. Skylines are eh. I drove a bunch while in Japan and like the R33 best. Did you know they come in 4-doors?
    Anyways, my father-in-law had a green Stealth ES and while I didn't much care for it, the car just wouldn't die! I think he put well over 200K on it with the only problem being the hazy clear-coat.
    Is the Supra engine anything like the 6G72? I ask because both the N/A Supra and Stealth make about the same HP, and the turbo ones make about the same HP too...?

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    dont those 3kgt's/stealths weight like 4000 lbs? they look hot tho, but not as hot as an f-body
    The Stealth RT/Turbo and the 3000GT VR-4s weigh about 3,800 lbs. The N/A ones weigh about 3,000....

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    supras are not overhyped....maybe skylines for the money reason...but Def not supras, if anyone is overhyping any car here its u and your vr4's and stealth's,lol....
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Skylines are bad ass... but they are jap crap... DUH

Firestorm Red
    1993 Stealth ES

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    supras are not overhyped....maybe skylines for the money reason...but Def not supras, if anyone is overhyping any car here its u and your vr4's and stealth's,lol....
    Supra's are overhyped. Some make 1200+ HP and can't even break into the 9s.... If you don't call that overhyped, then I don't know what is? I never said that the 3/S' were anything special I just like them a lot! I know that the 3/S' are heavy as hell, and can break easier than they should, but that's something that I'll have to put up with.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by EStealth View Post
    Is the Supra engine anything like the 6G72? I ask because both the N/A Supra and Stealth make about the same HP, and the turbo ones make about the same HP too...?

The Stealth RT/Turbo and the 3000GT VR-4s weigh about 3,800 lbs. The N/A ones weigh about 3,000....
    the 2jz supra engine is nothing like that piece of shit under the vr-4 hood. first of all the supra is an inline six with two cams, mounted longitudal for the rear wheel drive platform (the way things should be which is why im not too mad at toyota). that hunk of shit mitsu is a 4 cam v6, twin turbo transversely mounted which means that when you look under the hood you:
    1. throw up blood
    2. wonder how anyone but a jap/german collective effort could have squeezed all that shit sideways ontop of a weak transaxle, which you will NEVER see.
    3.throw up again
    4.ask yourself how YOU are going to work on it, how you can fix the boost leak from the shitty internal wastegates of the 13gs and the failing transfer case when you somehow muster up 16 psi on a stock and shitty fuel pump then drop the clutch and break it plus the drive shaft all while simoultaneously hitting fuel cut without much effort.....
    do yourself a favor, stay away, FAR AWAY........

Pewter
    2000 z28

Supra's are overhyped. Some make 1200+ HP and can't even break into the 9s.... If you don't call that overhyped, then I don't know what is? I never said that the 3/S' were anything special I just like them a lot! I know that the 3/S' are heavy as hell, and can break easier than they should, but that's something that I'll have to put up with.
    listen to me brother, i am not knocking you, but until youve "been there" dont put up much of a fight or waste much time arguing in favor of the DSM coalition. I assure you it was a big joke. you have a mild front wheel drive es, no turbos, no transfer cases, no problems. you have not yet entered the realm that is Diamond Star Motors, nor do you want to. you are 18 man. you are probably poor like the majority of us youngsters and itching to be fast on the street or strip. you should be enjoying the god given machinery that is GM and (oh my god) Ford and Dodge. hell even new shit like sti's and such....
    but please, i beg you from personal experience, do not fall victim to the aphrodisiac of the turbo ....especially an early 90's effort from the worst merger in automobile history. if you really want me to go off on a tangent about personal history i wont, but if it saves your future to spill my beans i will take one for the team man. please for god sake, just stay calm, dont go to any import meets or anything that will falsely sway you......

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

^ I like the interior of the 3/S. My dad first got his Stealth when I was like 13, and I thought that the interior was like a alien ship!
    Exactly. A cheaply made, poorly designed, ugly ass alien spaceship

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Exactly. A cheaply made, poorly designed, ugly ass alien spaceship
    whats up wes??? figured youd be in this one. youre like clock work man. and its funny shit....

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    whats up wes??? figured youd be in this one. youre like clock work man. and its funny shit....

Hey man I was gonna add in how the 3000GT is not a good car and how Diamond Start Motors was a crappy alliance between Mitsu and DC, but you summed it up very nicely

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information