Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

2011 gt

This is a discussion on 2011 gt within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zinergy Correct sir, and im not a ford guy but you cant wait for the z28 to ...

  1. #21
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Correct sir, and im not a ford guy but you cant wait for the z28 to come out. The z28 will be a 50k+ car and the SS is already 40k out the door and they say the 2011 gt will msrp just above 30k. GM needs to do a few things because all they seem to have done is borrow money from the government and still arent able to keep up with ford.
    Good luck getting one for under $35k and if they sell the way some of you think they will look for markups and easily paying $40k or more.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Good luck getting one for under $35k and if they sell the way some of you think they will look for markups and easily paying $40k or more.
    Just like there was on the camaro when it was released? All cars like this have mark ups when released, wait a year or so and you can get them closer to msrp. You couldnt get a zr1 for under 200k for the first couple months.Talk about a mark up some were almost 300k.

  3. #23
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Just like there was on the camaro when it was released? All cars like this have mark ups when released, wait a year or so and you can get them closer to msrp. You couldnt get a zr1 for under 200k for the first couple months.Talk about a mark up some were almost 300k.
    You're totally contridicting yourself from your other post of it ONLY costing $30k. No one said they don't mark up other vehicles but it has nothing to do w/ the mustang and it's "supposed" value according to you.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    You're totally contridicting yourself from your other post of it ONLY costing $30k. No one said they don't mark up other vehicles but it has nothing to do w/ the mustang and it's "supposed" value according to you.
    How am i contridicting myself? The msrp is just under 30k and then i said dealers will msot likely mark them up? You may not be able to get one for 30kmsrp for a little while but its no different when the camaro was released it was marked up aswell.

  5. #25
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    How am i contridicting myself? The msrp is just under 30k and then i said dealers will msot likely mark them up? You may not be able to get one for 30kmsrp for a little while but its no different when the camaro was released it was marked up aswell.
    It may be for one w/ roll up windows and no AC and no radio....clearly not the ones being tested which (the ones we're talking about) are well into the 30's and probably nearing $40k.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    It may be for one w/ roll up windows and no AC and no radio....clearly not the ones being tested which (the ones we're talking about) are well into the 30's and probably nearing $40k.
    if all you care about is 1/4mile time the only option you really need is the 390 dollar 3.73 gearing option. Track pack is 3,XXX so they are the same price why are we stil larguing this? Two cars, almost same price but one is a better performer and it aint the camaro.

  7. #27
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    The reason we're still arguing this is because you're wrong on the price.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    The reason we're still arguing this is because you're wrong on the price.
    Lol give it a rest, your splitting hairs. The are very close in price and one is a better performer.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tacoma WA
    Posts
    13

    black
    1999 PONTIAC TRANS AM

    Ford came up with an answer to the 2010 camaro ss fast... Only like a year after they release the new revamped 2010 mustang they go and change for 2011 addind 100hp in both 8 and 6er... ford people are already drooling...

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOUNIQUE View Post
    Ford came up with an answer to the 2010 camaro ss fast... Only like a year after they release the new revamped 2010 mustang they go and change for 2011 addind 100hp in both 8 and 6er... ford people are already drooling...

    The 2010 just had the body revamped, they are still using that body for the 2011.

  11. #31
    its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands/spring/houston
    Posts
    2,142

    pewter
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The 2010 just had the body revamped, they are still using that body for the 2011.
    yea but with a lot more horses

  12. #32
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol give it a rest, your splitting hairs. The are very close in price and one is a better performer.
    You give it a rest, you're the one who keeps going w/ this.

  13. #33
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Everyone can just give it a rest, this thread is done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Trans Am Nationals August 26-28, 2011
    By Young11b in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
  2. LSCyaL8r's Hawk. 8/20/2011-8/21/2011...
    By cammed goat in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 08:57 AM
  3. 2011 ExxonMobil Carshow May 7, 2011
    By WS.6#384 in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 08:13 AM
  4. Ws6 vs 2011 gt vs 2011 challenger RT vs 2011 Camaro SS
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 06:39 PM
  5. 2011 z28.........
    By korndawg in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •