Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Question The 2009 Nissan GT-R

I was checking for any info on the 2009 Camaro and came across the site for the Nissan GT-R due for retail in 2009.

It boast:
    • VR-series twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V6.
    • 480 hp @ 6,800 rpm. 430 lb-ft torque @ 3,200–5,200 rpm.
    • Dual overhead camshafts with variable intake-valve timing.
    • Cast aluminum cylinder block with high-endurance/low-friction plasma-sprayed bores.
    • IHI twin turbochargers, one per cylinder bank.
    • Pressurized lubrication system with thermostatically controlled cooling.

Those are pretty impressives Feautures for a V6 I thought. What do you think of this vehicle?

Matttttttt

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

wow, that's a sexy looking car! It's like all the best features of a 350z, rx8 and maxima in one

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, front needs some work:

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Unhappy It's a Shame!!!

You are right on the money with how it looks... that's what my brother said it looks like......also a RX-8 which is what he owns right now.... the Quad tail pipes in the pack looks nice..... yah, only if they modified the front it would look better...... The inside cockpit is pretty well designed too... you also have a choice of switching between manual and automatic.

But hell, at 480 Horses stock for a V6..... it has all other vehicles beat, including the Corvette and GTOs and the new LS2 Camaros... that is so ashame for I was looking to those new Maros........

I agree that front should go..... but the front is a resourceful front that does provide real air intake that flows to the engine and the fueling.. the air then exits through side vents cooling off the engine. The front is not for looks.

Mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    wow, that's a sexy looking car! It's like all the best features of a 350z, rx8 and maxima in one
    Last edited by matthewaqui; 11-27-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Silver
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

It is also AWD. I think it is kind of ugly though. Plus it costs around $70,000 or $80,000.

One thing it will never match, is the sound of a V8. I'm driving a turbo AWD 4 banger right now. It is quick and handles great, but I miss my LS1's smoothness and sounds.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Lightbulb A Fastback?

The one thing that struck me the most was the shape of the cockpit.... look how it slopes back. It reminds me of a Mustang Fastback

Last edited by matthewaqui; 11-27-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Comparison------

AWD huh? Hmmmm that sounds awful if it's $70,000...... I believe this vehicle is currently for sale in some parts of the world.

The rear of this vehicle somewhat looks like a Cobalt with those lights.

At any rate, I see you have a GTO..... a guy pulled up in a black decked out 2006 GTO delivered a pizza to a neighbor of mine...... He told me he was paying through the roof right now for that GTO.... he mentioned it came with factory turbo and some other things as I remembered.

How do you think your GTO compare to this guys?

Matttt...

Quote Originally Posted by spacejunkiehsv View Post
    It is also AWD. I think it is kind of ugly though. Plus it costs around $70,000 or $80,000.

One thing it will never match, is the sound of a V8. I'm driving a turbo AWD 4 banger right now. It is quick and handles great, but I miss my LS1's smoothness and sounds.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

someone likes celicas

Silver
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    AWD huh? Hmmmm that sounds awful if it's $70,000...... I believe this vehicle is currently for sale in some parts of the world.

The rear of this vehicle somewhat looks like a Cobalt with those lights.

At any rate, I see you have a GTO..... a guy pulled up in a black decked out 2006 GTO delivered a pizza to a neighbor of mine...... He told me he was paying through the roof right now for that GTO.... he mentioned it came with factory turbo and some other things as I remembered.

How do you think your GTO compare to this guys?

Matttt...
    I haven't updated my profile on here. I sold the 2004 GTO last year. It was a 6 speed and was my daily driver. Traffic has gotten worse around here, and I wanted something with an automatic that got a little better mileage. Plus, I couldn't see well out the rear of the GTO when changing lanes.

My GTO was stock except for a tune. It had under 3,000 (3 thousand) miles on it when I bought it from a dealer. I can't remember, but I think I paid $21,000 for it. It was either $21k or $22k. I sold it a year later for $19,000 after putting 20,000 miles on it.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up

Odd to hear you couldn't see well out of the rear.. especially when the GTO was similiar in looks to your typical Sedan.

You should have went with a 4 cylinder Saturn L Series. They perform well for 4 cylinder.

Seems like you didn't lose that much from the sale of your GTO.

I'm looking to pick up a new Camaro 2009 when they arrive... I'm just not so certain of what the price will be. As I know, you can switch back and forth on those new Camaros between 4 and 8 cylinders. It's a nice option ..... and if you can get yourself a wrap around spoiler, you have yourself a super Trans Am..

Mmmmm

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink As it is!

Celicas looks good without the additional body parts........ though they are weak on acceleration.... my 4 cylinder Saturn is comparable to those Celicas....

I was just looking at a Dyno video of a Skyline GT-R.... it gave an output of 954 horses.. no shit there!

Click for full size[/QUOTE]

Silver
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

This isn't my car, but this one looks EXACTLY like mine. It handles great, and has a fairly good aftermarket. I just removed one catalytic converter in the downpipe and downloaded an off the shelf tune to get it to 305 hp / 340 ft-lbs.
    http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=15

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Silver Sedans

305 hp for a Subaru Legacy is a lot of horse.. it's a V8 right? Can't imagine that little sedan with a V8 though.

Your vehicle almost looks like my Saturn Sedan 4 door L200 series.... or course seating is much more comfortable in these Sedans. What year is your Subaru? Seems Recent.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Silver
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

It's a 2005. It is a 4 cylinder 2.5 liter. It has the same cams and internals as the STI. So, it will take a good bit of power. Mine has the 5 speed automatic that you can shift with the shifter or the buttons on the steering wheel. The same tranny went in (or still goes in) the Nissan Titan trucks, a Jatco transmission. All I've done, besides add power, is install a transmission cooler.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spacejunkiehsv View Post

its obviously not out to compete with camaros and mustangs then-sounds like a vette/viper/cobra hunter

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink In and Out of Budget

Yah, I guess so... I was reading about the 2009 ZR1 Corvette retailing at $100,000..........with 700 horses with 0 to 60 at 3 seconds.... the price of these vehicles are comparable to Porsche and Ferraris now.

The relief is that the new Camaros may be in everyone budgets. We will have to see.

Matttt

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    its obviously not out to compete with camaros and mustangs then-sounds like a vette/viper/cobra hunter

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The side of that car is ugly.

Rear looks good, but I don't think I would have to worry about seeing it much from the rear.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I think the skylines should fix up the front a little bit and it will be fine.

Red
    2001 ws6

not a bad looking car but for 80,000 id rather buy a vett

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I dont know! the vettes are starting to look too box style!! im not liking them taking all the curves out of it, Now this skyline is pretty Hot!!! I wouldnt give 80k for it but it is really nice.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information