Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 128

The 2009 Nissan GT-R

This is a discussion on The 2009 Nissan GT-R within the Domestics and Foreigns forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; If that is the case, this vehicle is for you....... it has curves compared to the Challenger, SRT, Magnum, and ...

  1. #21
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Red face The curves....

    If that is the case, this vehicle is for you....... it has curves compared to the Challenger, SRT, Magnum, and Mustangs. Just when we thought the future is here and more curves will be involved, manufactures go backward because no one likes the egg shape I guess.

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I dont know! the vettes are starting to look too box style!! im not liking them taking all the curves out of it, Now this skyline is pretty Hot!!! I wouldnt give 80k for it but it is really nice.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16

    Silver
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I dont know! the vettes are starting to look too box style!! im not liking them taking all the curves out of it, Now this skyline is pretty Hot!!! I wouldnt give 80k for it but it is really nice.
    If they would change the rear end of the C6 to look more like the C5's rear end, it would look better. The C5 body style is one of the best looking cars, ever! If I were to get a Vette, it would be a C5. That is especially true, considering how much money I'd have to spend. I am trying to talk the wife into me getting a beater Corolla for driving back and forth to work and getting a used C5 for a fun car. Considering the money I'd save on gas, the cost is the same. My Legacy only gets 21mpg-23mpg in daily driving, and my commute is 35 miles one-way.

  3. #23
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    I think the front looks a hell of alot better than the concept version of the car they had before. Looks more aggressive.

  4. #24
    Senior Member raynor139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,319

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

    Well the high end model of the new gt-r according to the latest issue of motor trend will do 0-60 in 3.5 sec and the 1/4 in 11.7 sec which i believe puts it 2 tenths of a second faster then a C6 Z06

  5. #25
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    I dunno if any of you saw this new Issue of MOTOR TREND, that names the Skyline... as...

    As fast as a 911 Turbo, priced like a Z06
    CORVETTE-KILLER
    0-60 in 3.5sec >> 11.7-sec Quarter >> Under $80k
    Nissan's 192-MPH GT-R Rewrites the supercar rulebook

  6. #26
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    damn japs lol...

  7. #27
    Senior Member raynor139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,319

    Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

    oh well wait till they get a taste of the new ZR-1 that should teach them a lesson not to mess with Americans b/c we will out do you just b/c we can

  8. #28
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs up The Better Performer

    The 2000 ZR-1 will equal the GT-R in performance... but you have to remember that this Nissan is a 6 Cylinder and will cost $30,000 less than that ZR-1

    Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    oh well wait till they get a taste of the new ZR-1 that should teach them a lesson not to mess with Americans b/c we will out do you just b/c we can

  9. #29
    Senior Member jrc1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    1,053

    Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

    nice car- a bit pricy in my opinion. People who spend 70k + for cars, don't usually go for cars like this. Just my opinion.

    Don't get me wrong, if the car was say $45- 50 k I would think it was a MUCH better deal.


    Hard to argue with those stats though

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Macon, Ga
    Posts
    9

    Black
    95' 240sx

    Love the new Nissan GTR's. Im a nissan fan, second only to being a GM fan. This is the new Nissan Skyline GTR, it hasn't been sold anywhere yet. They are calling it the Nissan GTR, because the infinity G35 was marketted as the new Skyline in other parts of the world. I love it, but I think they are messing up by making it so pricey. The old skyline gtr's went for around $50k new(R34). I think they may be letting the recent popularity of the older skylines and the number bringing them stateside to thier heads. The price may bite them in the ass.

  11. #31
    38 of 139 PontiacFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    931

    Black
    2001 Pontiac

    Pretty ugly from the front.






    (And WTF does this have to do with the 'Firebird/WS6' forum?!?)

  12. #32
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Wink Ranking........................

    Hahahahaha... someone finally brought it up..... it does have nothing to do with the Firebird, though I bring it up to see how people would compare.... since I searched high and low to find out what the release price of the Camaro 2009 would be and ran across this vehicle.

    It just sucks the hell because this vehicle is pumping out so much power for a V6 just like the Carreras.

    Besides man, after work, I was next to a pretty new GTO....... it didn't sound like the vehicle accelerated very well against my Trans Am. hahahaahah

    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    Pretty ugly from the front.


    (And WTF does this have to do with the 'Firebird/WS6' forum?!?)

  13. #33
    Member nate_the_great17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    fortworth
    Posts
    224

    81 camaro
    2001 trans am ws6

    i want one

  14. #34
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by nate_the_great17 View Post
    i want one
    Give me the keys to your T/A. You don't deserve to drive it if you want one of those sushi rockets.

  15. #35
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Red face Just because

    Yah, as I read...... this car has been selling well outside of the US since 1970... for the price, it would not sell like hotcakes..... but then again, the Viper does not fly off the shelf at the same price either. Since you love Nissans, this vehicle entail a little of all the vehicles out there, even the Hyundai Tiberion somewhat in the back.

    There is always someone who would buy these vehicle just because ... even though they are pricey. Just look, instead of buying your low end Ford Expedition, people spring for those Hummers....... drove me nuts to see how many Hummers driving around California.........

    For example: I walked by an apartment 2 days ago and saw a nice Vette parking underneath a car port. Though they don't own a home, they will spring for an expensive vehicle.

    All in all, I rather pick up vehicle stocked with the power and parts rather than making the aftermarket additions... which I have done on both my Trans Am.

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by 570SSX View Post
    Love the new Nissan GTR's. Im a nissan fan, second only to being a GM fan. This is the new Nissan Skyline GTR, it hasn't been sold anywhere yet. They are calling it the Nissan GTR, because the infinity G35 was marketted as the new Skyline in other parts of the world. I love it, but I think they are messing up by making it so pricey. The old skyline gtr's went for around $50k new(R34). I think they may be letting the recent popularity of the older skylines and the number bringing them stateside to thier heads. The price may bite them in the ass.

  16. #36
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Wink Hahahahah

    Quote Originally Posted by nate_the_great17 View Post
    i want one
    Shameful that vehicle will beat the TA, New Camaro, Mustangs, ZR Vettes, Challengers........ only if we can plop a Trans Am body on it!

  17. #37
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Thumbs down Shameful

    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreak1 View Post
    Give me the keys to your T/A. You don't deserve to drive it if you want one of those sushi rockets.
    I want one too if they were only $15,000 hahahaah They look lighter than the TA and suck up less gas.... other than that man, their suspension does not creak like my TA is right now!

    Had the bushings and plenty things changed on my TA this year..... I have never been in an old import where the suspension creak... that's shameful too!

  18. #38
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    I want one too if they were only $15,000 hahahaah They look lighter than the TA and suck up less gas.... other than that man, their suspension does not creak like my TA is right now!

    Had the bushings and plenty things changed on my TA this year..... I have never been in an old import where the suspension creak... that's shameful too!
    WRONG WRONG WRONG... 3800lbs... Curb Weight...in the GTR...compared to a T/A's 3500lbs... and it's a Turbo car... so you'll have to drive it pretty hard to get it to move...so it's a gas guzler... 15/21mph...

    as per EPA ratings...

  19. #39
    Member matthewaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, California
    Posts
    779

    Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

    Lightbulb A Wrap Around Spoiler

    Yah... I was taking a guess there but I thought it was close to the TA in pounds..... I think it's a dual turbo...

    I read today that the Challenger would also have monster horses though it would be pretty heavy.... we don't hear much of the Challenger.

    We need to trade up to the new Camaro and throw on a Wrap around Spoiler and we will have it made for looks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    WRONG WRONG WRONG... 3800lbs... Curb Weight...in the GTR...compared to a T/A's 3500lbs... and it's a Turbo car... so you'll have to drive it pretty hard to get it to move...so it's a gas guzler... 15/21mph...

    as per EPA ratings...

  20. #40
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Yah... I was taking a guess there but I thought it was close to the TA in pounds..... I think it's a dual turbo...

    I read today that the Challenger would also have monster horses though it would be pretty heavy.... we don't hear much of the Challenger.

    We need to trade up to the new Camaro and throw on a Wrap around Spoiler and we will have it made for looks.
    You know what kills me? They passed that stupid friggin bill or whatever the hell it was saying car manufacturers have to make it so the average vehicle fuel economy is like 25mpg or some crap like that yet they are still building alot of gas guzzling rockets! Looks like Bush the chimp got screwed over again.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. yet another ls nissan
    By 530zxturbo in forum LSx Retrofit and Swap
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 10:30 PM
  2. Saw a Nissan GTR
    By Schmalgar in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
  3. 2009 Cadillac CTS-V vs 2009 BMW M5
    By trev0006 in forum Cadillac CTS-V
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
  4. 2009 Z06 or 2009 Viper Roadster
    By Sarge in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 02:14 PM
  5. Nissan 350 Z goes down
    By FireChicken2000 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 12:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •