GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Tools passed down from your relative?

I know we all have somthing in our tool cabinets, or boxes. What's in yours, and who gave it to you? I feel that we all have been inspired by someone in our family to get this mechanical talent to do our own work, at home, or even on our children who sleep in the our garages. Being raised by my nono (Italian for Grandpa) He lead a great engineering life for big race teams in the past. I have tools from him that I cherish, from wipeing them down with the red rags we get at our local auto parts store, to just opening my chest to see if there is any oxidation. One in paticular I like is a old set of huge Snap-On sockets that were used for Military use. I figured I would start a thread cause it seems there is some people who like this Tool thread.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I have a few tools that belonged to my dad who died last Feb. He was an electrician by trade but also knew how to work on just about anything. My favorite is a pair of wire snips I have of his. He would cut just about anything with those, including fingernails. I have my grandpa's ball peen hammer and a flathead screwdriver that's bent from him prying on something with it. I keep the screwdriver mounted above the door in my garage.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I have a few tools that belonged to my dad who died last Feb. He was an electrician by trade but also knew how to work on just about anything. My favorite is a pair of wire snips I have of his. He would cut just about anything with those, including fingernails. I have my grandpa's ball peen hammer and a flathead screwdriver that's bent from him prying on something with it. I keep the screwdriver mounted above the door in my garage.
    I'm a m sure he had some Klein Tools!!!

86 &99 Z51's

I HAVE A 50+ YEAR OLD CURVED HANDLE CRESCENT WRENCH oops caps ....

I figure myself very lucky. My father actually passed on his entire box to me. When I started this business I had a good amount of tools. I kept loaning his specialty tools. So one day he ask me if this is what I wanted to do the rest of my life. I told him, yes I love cars more than anything. He then told me I could start working out of his box. One condition I have to work on his car anytime he needs, lol.

Anyways my father was a master tech for Chrysler for 20+ years. In that time you can imagine the amount of tools he acquired. He did primarily engines and transmissions. In total he gave me somewhere around $40,000 in tools. I guard those tools with my life. Some people see them as an old rusty MAC box. But to me its alot of memories of working on cars with my dad. So that is the tool(s) I cherish.

Great thread by the way.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Great thread! I was raised by my grandparents. Both gone now for many, many years. My grandfather was raised by his mother with three other brothers. His father died in a horse drawn wagon accident when he was 9. He was a jack of all trades. He worked for many different tool & die companies and factories in Detroit. He came up from Tennessee in 1937 for work.

I have so many of his tools. It was not my profession to work with tools, although he taught me how to repair and fix just about anything. I have some tools that are as old as the hills, so to speak. I do not even know what some are for. Hammers of every type, some very odd. I do not use too many of them, but I keep them as if they were the newest tool I bought.

Thanks for the thread. I love to think of him and I hate to say it, but some days go by when I don't. Brings back fantastic memories... He remains the greatest man I have ever met.

torch red
    1999 T.A /A4/ T-top

My grandfatherwas the one who got me in to cars. He has been turning wrenchs for ever. He is in his 70's now and I have been doing the work for the past 7 or 8 years now. But he is slowing down and giving me tools little by little. A few years ago he did something real special, he gave me his dad's tool set. This was like passing the trouch on to me. I don't use them I have them put up for my son.

Thread Information