Thread: Quick Jack

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quick Jack

https://www.quickjack.com

What do you guys think? Haven't researched it much yet, but thinking about getting one.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Here's a video.

I would probably get the 7000 so I could use on my truck.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I'd have concerns with it if my car didn't have SFC's already. That would be something I would check with them on.

Very interesting none the less, it would make my life easier and like you I'd get the 7000 as well.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That's pretty neat.

Navy Blue Metallic

Check out MaxJax Car lift as well.

MaxJax Portable Car Lift - Home Garage Lift - Dannmar - MaxJax USA

Will showed me this and it also looks like a viable option for home garages that can't have a full lift like Jeff.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Seems like a viable option.

I like the idea of being able to use the quickjack anywhere. Shop, garage, driveway. You could even use it on the side of the road if you got the 12volt option.

I don't like the fact that it almost completely blocks the side off. So if getting under the car you have to come from front or back. But the most common things, oil changes, tire rotation, etc i think it would be great.

Navy Blue Metallic

I did see where they turned it 90* in the video for a Shelby Cobra.

I was also wondering if it just needed a air compressor. I got a big one at home that will now power my air tools.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I think it is hydraulic

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I will just speak from my experience with other hydraulic equipment like that - in general it is not very maintenance friendly. The hoses/connections tend to leak over time, and if the seals ever went bad in the pump, you'd likely have a big issue.

I didn't see it in the video, but is there a mechanical lock which prevents the lift from falling in the event the pump fails?

Also, is there any adjustability with where you lift the vehicle from?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Yes it locks in 2 different positions.

They are adjustable. The jacks themselves are moveable. And there is a rectangle on each end that you put the blocks in. The blocks look to be about 2"x3" and come in different heights and are stackable and the rectangle is probably 6"x8".

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

From what I've read I think they were having an issue with the early hoses leaking, but they have done a redesign since then.

In the older videos the lock is just a piece of square tubing you fold down. But on the newer videos it has a camed piece of metal on the end of the tube and it stays down all the time.

I am curious about the longevity of it
    Last edited by blackcar; 12-19-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I see. Do you know how long it's been out?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Just going off YouTube videos it was out by fall of 2014. Not sure how long before. The redesign came late 2015.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I would love to have that.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Even though they are on backorder I went ahead and placed an order on Dec 27. They were saying they would be on backorder until April.

According to the tracking number they sent me on Dec 29 it should be here Thursday.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Got 2 boxes in Wednesday. One was the pump the other was the SUV adapter kit. On Friday got 2 more boxes. These were the lifts themselves. Looks like all 4 boxes were sent Fed Ex freight. But Fed Ex decided to deliver the first 2 by normal ground. According to the tracking number the other two rode around in the truck all day Thursday. They got to our local center Thursday morning and were"out for delivery". Then Thursday evening they arrived back at our local center.

Didn't get a chance to put them together until Sunday. Everything was great except one of the Schrader valves for the air cylinder was leaking. I emailed customer support and just got a call from them today. They are overnighting a new valve to me.

Edit: Also received 2 emails from different people at quickjack stating I will be receiving 2 Schrader valves by overnight.

I know I had read about some issues on the older models, but looks like they have the customer support to back them up.
    Last edited by blackcar; 01-09-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Got 2 boxes in Wednesday. One was the pump the other was the SUV adapter kit. On Friday got 2 more boxes. These were the lifts themselves. Looks like all 4 boxes were sent Fed Ex freight. But Fed Ex decided to deliver the first 2 by normal ground. According to the tracking number the other two rode around in the truck all day Thursday. They got to our local center Thursday morning and were"out for delivery". Then Thursday evening they arrived back at our local center.

Didn't get a chance to put them together until Sunday. Everything was great except one of the Schrader valves for the air cylinder was leaking. I emailed customer support and just got a call from them today. They are overnighting a new valve to me.

Edit: Also received 2 emails from different people at quickjack stating I will be receiving 2 Schrader valves by overnight.

I know I had read about some issues on the older models, but looks like they have the customer support to back them up.
    After 3 years, how did they perform? Would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Still use them every time I change oil or rotate tires or anything like that. Got rid of my Camaro but use them on my truck and wife's Acadia.

Only 2 minor complaints. One since I got the biggest model to handle my truck, they are heavy. Two the bottoms are getting scratched up sliding them under the car. Wish they had something on the bottom to slide on

Thread Information