Thread: New Tool Cart

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

New Tool Cart

I have been out of storage space for tools and tool sets in my garage for a while now. Yesterday, I swung by Harbor Freight and put their $99 coupon to good use on their 26" tool cart. They had a display model assembled and I checked it over pretty good before pulling the trigger. Unfortunately, we were driving the Caddie and the box wouldn't fit in the trunk so it rode home in the back seat.

The entire unit weighs 96 lbs. and I was impressed with its build quality. It even comes with liners already installed on the shelf and in the drawers. The castors are large and have some heft to them and the assembly hardware isn't flimsy or cheap. All the nuts are nylocks and assembly of the unit, although requiring a helper to lift the top cabinet in place, was straightforward and only took a little over a half hour.

I went back out after dinner and rounded up the tools and tool sets that I had scattered around my garage and loaded the cart up. Now, I just need to find a place for it to call home out there. Loaded up, the drawers slide nice and have a positive detent when in the closed position. The cart normally sells for $159.00, so the coupon knocked the price down quite a bit. Overall, I am very pleased and would recommend this to anyone not looking to spend a fortune on tool storage.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

I like it. I need more garage space so I can get a few more things like that.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

That is a nice unit!
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Thread Information