Some Pontiac track action

Took my Formula and my fathers GTO to the dragstrip.

My Formula is pretty simple, it's stock. Built the original 400 RAIII to conform to the Factory Stock drags, with a couple acceptions. Kept the compression pump gas friendly and left the 3.31 gear in it because the car is a driver first and fun track car second. No headers or any other aftermarket parts allowed on the engine. Only upgrade allowed is a 2 1/2" diameter maximum exhaust system but has to be stock configuration. I did bolt on aluminum wheels from my chevelle because I wanted to run a drag radial on it to take out the tire variable. Per rules I normally run the original F70-14 tire. Unfortunately the drag radials are 28" which are taller than I would like on this car and it hurts the gear. Overall happy though. Already getting hot here in Arizona, yeah it's February. Pass corrects to a 12.76 @ 106 so some better air should get me that 12 second slip. It scaled 3,840 lbs. with me in it. The aluminum wheels took exactly 50 lbs. out of it from it's normal wheel setup that I run.

My fathers car doesn't conform to any rules and was built as a fun street car. He bought the car brand new, and I completely restored it for him recently. Tony Bischoff built the 571 cube Pontiac pump gas engine. I built and setup the rest of the drivetrain, and tune the engine. For more back round on that, here are some videos.

Engine build

Engine dyno

In short the engine made 724hp and 764tq on pump gas.

Here is some of the cars restoration I completed last year

Finally dad takes the car to the track for some test and tune shake down passes. He gets a warning from the track police about his previous pass, spinning tires out to the 330 marker and almost crossing the center line. With everything else going on we forgot to air down the tires and fill the air bag. Dad decided to make a couple more shake down passes with very soft leave, and run the car hard out the back door. The car normally runs 1.5 60's with a mild 455, but today he's easy with it. This run he doesn't go full throttle until 2nd gear and then is on the rev limiter on his 2-3 shift. He got anxious and wanted to run the other car down.

Outside view of same pass

Here is a solo pass he made, he comes out a pinch harder with a 1.85 60 foot, which is still way soft for this car. Unfortunately he proceeds to bang the rev limiter on both upshifts but runs the car harder out the back door. This pass corrects to a 11.10 at 125 mph. When dad gets more comfortable with the car it should see some 10.70's or 80's at 125+ but the car doesn't have the required safety gear and won't be installing it so he'll have to tread lightly when playing at the track. The car scales 4,020 lbs. with him in it. He told tech when getting the car checked it was a 455 so that's what is on the tech card, figuring they wouldn't scrutinize the car as much, so pay no attention to the announcer, lol.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Been a while, glad to see you're posting again.

Thanks Scott, I check in, answer PM's and what not but posting is sporadic at best. Just pretty daggum busy.

I figured it was time to mix things up with some classic stuff on here for a change.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Good to hear from you again. Very cool setups, both cars. Look forward to seeing more

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Thread Information