Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So what do YOU think....

This is a discussion on So what do YOU think.... within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX love the car, not a big fan of shaved door handles on musclecars but other than ...

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    love the car, not a big fan of shaved door handles on musclecars but other than that it looks awesome, now find a RS/SS hideaway headlight grille and drop your LT-1/T-56 in and talk about sexy.
    That would require another pair of front fenders to do that correctly,,,too late now that it's painted,,,not to mention it takes a different tail panel as well with the back up lights in the lower valance. I agree though they look nice with the RS package,,along with the rubber enduro front bumper of course.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That would require another pair of front fenders to do that correctly,,,too late now that it's painted,,,not to mention it takes a different tail panel as well with the back up lights in the lower valance. I agree though they look nice with the RS package,,along with the rubber enduro front bumper of course.
    hmm, I didn't know it took different fenders, I really didn't mean to convert it over to look exactly like an RS, I just like the hide-aways on the camaros, either way your car looks good, did you the bodywork yourself?
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

Thats okay,,,I'm just pickin' anyway. I had a pair of SS 396's and one was an RS model,,,when I restored it I had a pair of NOS fenders for the car,,,and yes they are different from your basic fender, but not on the outside where it is noticable.. easy to pick a fake if you know what to look for. But for what it's worth, they repop anything you would want for the car anyway,,,you don't even have to have a car to start with,,,sheesh. Starting to see some retagged cars around here with the new bodies, which are not exactly the same,,,kinda sad. sorry to get off subject, carry on.

Goodlooking car none the less,,,nice color.

black

great car man!

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    hmm, I didn't know it took different fenders, I really didn't mean to convert it over to look exactly like an RS, I just like the hide-aways on the camaros, either way your car looks good, did you the bodywork yourself?
    yeah, i started body work on the car about two years ago in school. did it all myself with a lot of instruction from instructors. also paint it myself... im too poor to have it all professionally done. all in all though im really happy with how everything has turned out so far.

and yes your both right, an RS front would look sick!

2000 Camaro SS
    1969 Z28 JL8 crossram, #'

I'm pretty sure the Camaro venders sell an adaptor kit that allows you to convert the standard front end to all the RS stuff on the standard fenders. But to do it right will still not be cheap.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Good looking 69. Ive always wanted one, enjoy it!

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Camaro venders sell an adaptor kit that allows you to convert the standard front end to all the RS stuff on the standard fenders. But to do it right will still not be cheap.
    yeah they sell a kit at classic industries, but its almost a grand... and right now all my money is goin into my LT1/T56 swap so i can drive the car on a daily basis. but it is an eventual goal, like 2 years or so from now

jimmy69ss
    loooking good

Black/Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

damn bro nice! havent been on in a while had umm job related problems... i.e. the shop foreman where I was had a problem with me and decided to try to get pushy (litterally) so I pushed him back with my fist to his face and proceeded to unload on his ass. Got fired and since have finally found another job and am workin on my baby again. paint is gonna be a while tho.

Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Too many

looks great!!

not a fan of the hood..but everything else

and i'm a big fan of your blue!

--http://www.ronsonracing.com/--
    -SCCA Touring 1-
    -2002 Corvette Z06-
    -Cal Club #94-
    Thanks to my Sponsors: Cunningham Motorsports, LG Motorsports, Hoosier Tires, and Carbotech Brakes!

Black/Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

thats a nice ss bro how much did that run you? modded? original?
    Last edited by NightRyda805; 09-23-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo

Next Race= WSIR 2/26-27 SIK02SS's Avatar
    Too many

Quote Originally Posted by NightRyda805 View Post
    thats a nice ss bro how much did that run you? modded? original?

clean out your PMs, i dont wanna hi-jack the OP thread

and bump for a beautiful 1st gen

Black/Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

yo are you gonna do any rear end work on it? or is it gonna be more of a street machine with good gas milage?

a red 1 and a silver 1
    1993,2000 z28

i like wha tyour doing with you car! but id loose the hood IMHO. never been a fan of the L78 hood. other then that unless you have the lt1 set up aready id save the $$$ for an ls1 setup(i have both ls1 is way cheaper in the long run) but other than that look like a good looking 1st gen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickys S/C Z28 View Post
    i like wha tyour doing with you car! but id loose the hood IMHO. never been a fan of the L78 hood. other then that unless you have the lt1 set up aready id save the $$$ for an ls1 setup(i have both ls1 is way cheaper in the long run) but other than that look like a good looking 1st gen!!!
    That hood is actually an L88 design originally used on the 67-69 corvette for that particular motor option.

Baldwin Motion also used this hood on some of there camaro conversions in the late 60's and early 70's so it's been around for a long time.

Coming from an old school hotrodder,,,,I think the hood looks great. Not done much anymore and nice to see something different. I am sick of seeing a damn cowl induction hood on everything now,,,,even non GM products are using them now for crying out loud
    Drive it and have some fun

a red 1 and a silver 1
    1993,2000 z28

hahhahaha sorr i ment to say the L88 hood my bad yes its cool and i love the old and new Baldwin Motion cars i just never been a fan of the hood? but have fun whit you car!! post pics when its done

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

i love the car!

blue
    1969 Camaro

Looks good, but as already mentioned, the hood needs to go.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Z28

Very nice looking car. Looks like this thread is kinda old, anything new with the car?

Chris
    Loving Memory:Tim Huddleston "HOTHAWK" Great Father and my Best Friend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information