Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rat Rod + LS1????

This is a discussion on Rat Rod + LS1???? within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Rat rods have become all the rage lately. Being old school and around this stuff for a living I can ...

Rat rods have become all the rage lately. Being old school and around this stuff for a living I can see the attraction but it never really interested me.
    It goes back to building these cars for as cheap as possible with used parts and making things work that weren't meant to be.
    Some incarnations I have seen I wouldn't be caught dead in,,,and are down right dangerous to drive,,, But to each there own.

With that said the LSx motors just don't fit the picture. Fuel injection is way out of the question for a true rat rod. It just doesn't fit the theme of the Rat Rod idea at all.

Most any rat rod true to theme that you look at will be built with odd ball engines ,,,6 cylinders, nailhead V-8's etc....and a transmission to match,,,some of them I've seen don't even have juice brakes.
    We are talking very old technology here to fit the theme,,,,put together for cheap cheap cheap....Thats what a rat rod is really all about. Hotrodding at it's finest,,,when it was in it's infancy.

Pewter
    2000 Firehawk

Any interest in a 40's pickup? It was the last year made, prior to WWII. I have a friend who has one for sale. I believe he is asking around $5400.
    You can always find the problem...It just depends on how much money you throw at it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information