Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New dark age for muscle cars coming?

This is a discussion on New dark age for muscle cars coming? within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I say we convert the old cars to Propane!!! then they will be economical drivable!!! Do some research! I think ...

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I say we convert the old cars to Propane!!! then they will be economical drivable!!! Do some research! I think you guys might have a save. Im fixing to convert my 240sx within the month!

Black
    1997 Camaro Z28

You guys all realize that the president really has little control over domestic policy, right?

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by SS MPSTR View Post
    You guys all realize that the president really has little control over domestic policy, right?
    the president has the power of veto

Black
    1997 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    the president has the power of veto

which is greatly influenced by the people who set domestic policy..veto itself does not set the policy, but it can sure make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    I say we convert the old cars to Propane!!! then they will be economical drivable!!! Do some research! I think you guys might have a save. Im fixing to convert my 240sx within the month!
    no thanks

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

which is greatly influenced by the people who set domestic policy..veto itself does not set the policy, but it can sure make things interesting.
    Exactly. Its hard for congress to get the 2/3s vote to overide that veto. Especially seeing how divided our congress has been the past few years. So it makes it hard to get something past the president without his/hers approval. You are right, it does make things interesting.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

If Clinton gets in, it will be a giant mess.
    so you think it'd be better to get maybe mr. mccain in? ron paul

clinton's the best choice, by far. her foreign policy will lower the price of gas - costing the Bush family hundreds of thousands of dollars - and at the same time she will lower health care costs (also costing the Bushes money) if not eliminating them entirely.

even if the new epa standards do raise the bar for cars and whatnot there will be a need for trucks with big engines to pull heavy loads. as long as there's that, there will be people willing to put those big engines in smaller cars especially if the manufacturers don't. and if not you can use the $40,000 that you saved when the government paid for your surgery to do it yourself.
    Last edited by richard head; 01-10-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

the president is the commander in chief and the most powerful person on the face of the planet. an ineffective moron like Bush does have very little control over domestic policy *cough* the economy *cough* but an intelligent and motivated individual like hillary (much less bill whose presidency was by the far most effective in over 30 years economically and otherwise) will have an immense amount of power because she has the charisma and brainpower to force the congress to do what she wants; not to mention that the democrats will have control of the legislature thereby establishing even more power for a democratic president.

so i accept your statement if it is meant to refer to bush and him alone but not if you mean the office of the presidency because the power is there if the person has the ability to seize it.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by richard head View Post
    so you think it'd be better to get maybe mr. mccain in? ron paul

clinton's the best choice, by far. her foreign policy will lower the price of gas - costing the Bush family hundreds of thousands of dollars - and at the same time she will lower health care costs (also costing the Bushes money) if not eliminating them entirely.

even if the new epa standards do raise the bar for cars and whatnot there will be a need for trucks with big engines to pull heavy loads. as long as there's that, there will be people willing to put those big engines in smaller cars especially if the manufacturers don't. and if not you can use the $40,000 that you saved when the government paid for your surgery to do it yourself.

wow, so explain this great foreign policy? Nothing she will do will lower our prices from overseas oil, unless she goes over there and sucks off a couple Saudi princes. Lets see here, shes agaisnt drilling in Alaska. Alaska is the key of lower our price on oil. But Clinton and all of her liberal friends dont want to harm the wildlife, mainly the Caribou

I hope Obama wins the democratic primary, in my opinoin he is by far the best choice on the democrats side. He brings an excellent atmosphere with him. He is creating his own persona. Not like Hillary who is riding on the Bill Clinton train. She is not Bill, she will never be Bill. The only reason Hillary is even in the race is because of Bill.

All the democrats talk about is change and the only one to me that represents true change on the democrats side is Barack Obama.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

But Clinton and all of her liberal friends dont want to harm the wildlife, mainly the Caribou
    Hey I work for Caribou Coffee and i take offense to that, Caribou are beautiful!

not, i f*ckin hate my job and have been tryin to get hell out for months now. hahaha

Honestly though, Im not too keen on any of the candidates out there. Most have some great ideas but they all have said things that makes me not have faith in any of them.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    Hey I work for Caribou Coffee and i take offense to that, Caribou are beautiful!

not, i f*ckin hate my job and have been tryin to get hell out for months now. hahaha

Honestly though, Im not too keen on any of the candidates out there. Most have some great ideas but they all have said things that makes me not have faith in any of them.
    lol!

I do agree its hard to find faith in them

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

wow, so explain this great foreign policy? Nothing she will do will lower our prices from overseas oil, unless she goes over there and sucks off a couple Saudi princes. Lets see here, shes agaisnt drilling in Alaska. Alaska is the key of lower our price on oil. But Clinton and all of her liberal friends dont want to harm the wildlife, mainly the Caribou

I hope Obama wins the democratic primary, in my opinoin he is by far the best choice on the democrats side. He brings an excellent atmosphere with him. He is creating his own persona. Not like Hillary who is riding on the Bill Clinton train. She is not Bill, she will never be Bill. The only reason Hillary is even in the race is because of Bill.

All the democrats talk about is change and the only one to me that represents true change on the democrats side is Barack Obama.
    obama is too much of a politician to me. he doesn't take a stand on anything because he is trying to remove himself from the arena of political assault; much like bush did in the last election. i don't care what party you're from, if you run i won't vote for you unless you stand for something because loose cannons in office are dangerous. plus he is weaker than hillary for the same reason.

if you're serious about the foreign policy thing, i'm sure sorry for you. just getting bush out of office will provide leverage for dealing with OPEC - leverage that drilling in Alaska would destroy - and once OPEC is dealt with prices will drop on crude and soon afterward pump gas will become cheaper.

i notice you don't support a particular republican candidate. they're all sitting out this race because of what happened in '06. mark my words, we'll have another bush running in '12.

in any case I think the future looks bright.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

John McCain, he is the only candiate from either side with true experience in foriegn affairs.

McCain has the experience to deal with radical Islam and the experience to handle any future problems from future terrorist attacks.

Oh, nevermind! I forgot about Hillary Clinton's long stint in a Vietnamese prisoner-of-war camp. She knows all about hardship and sacrifice for her country.

Please don't tell me you guys are for this Obama character.......do you guys realize he has a huge muslim backround,,,,after being born here in the US he left and took up muslim religion for many years,,,,then came back,,,,,Yikes. After 911 I don't see this guy even standing a chance,,,,why bother running,,,,lol.

I hate to say it but Hillary looks like she will have a chance,,,,,,,,but everyone better hide their guns if she gets elected.

McCain,,,,I am up in the air whether I like him. To be honest I don't trust any of them at all. They all seem to tell you what you want to hear, then they have a sudden case of amnesia when they get to office.

I got sick of the whole speal a long time ago,,,which is why I don't vote and to be honest I don't really follow politics much at all anymore. As a matter of fact,,,,I really don't know why I am typing here

Red
    2001 ws6

guliani FTW but he needs 2 tighten up his immigration laws

Bush 2 knows alot about foreign affairs. He said just recently that there will be a middle east peace contract before he leaves office. If he could do it that quick why hasn't he sealed the deal by now.
    On the other hand he knows nothing about domestic affairs. Just ask yourself, in the last 7 years what has he done for you? Just make a list and post them!

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Yikes all this political talk. Lots of points here but all I can say it is all bs. It does not matter who says what. They are all political liars and wont do shit. Rich mother PHuckers who dont really care about the working man. I would like to see just one candidate live like one of us do. I dont think anyone of us is making over 300k a year. THEY ALL SUCK. Like the earlier post said this country is going down da crapper!!!!! I will move out of the country as soon as I retire.

Quote Originally Posted by pewterzron View Post
    Yikes all this political talk. Lots of points here but all I can say it is all bs. It does not matter who says what. They are all political liars and wont do shit. Rich mother PHuckers who dont really care about the working man. I would like to see just one candidate live like one of us do. I dont think anyone of us is making over 300k a year. THEY ALL SUCK. Like the earlier post said this country is going down da crapper!!!!! I will move out of the country as soon as I retire.
    I agree whole heartily,,,but don't know any other country to go to where things would be better for us anyway,,,most of them don't like us,,,,lol. I stay out of the politics, they don't interest me much anymore since things started going down hill. I don't see it getting any better no matter who is in office. Everything is too politically correct,,,too many activists getting there way,,,with gay rights, minority rights etc....it's all gotten very rediculous to me. Tired of hearing all the cry babies who were getting picked on because they were different in some way. Now illegal aliens are a big issue,,,and the mexicans are following the same path,,,it's just sickening to me.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 01-16-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

New Zealand, FTW!!

Can't have guns there but they have been voted "Least Corrupt" government in the World in 2007 (Google that and you'll see), and they've got lots of nice coastline, beautiful scenery (Lord of the Rings, anyone?), and I doubt they have any type of military alliance with Israel that would cause muslim extremists to want to fly planes into their buildings.

In short, they're gov. is honest, they are too small to pick a fight with anyone or to try and police the world, and they have a nice view.

If I were independently wealthy, I'd have already ferried a collection of F-bodies down there and taken up residence.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information