Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

New dark age for muscle cars coming?

This is a discussion on New dark age for muscle cars coming? within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by hutch1999 So you guys are going to vote for a raging bitch just because the US economy ...

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    So you guys are going to vote for a raging bitch just because the US economy was in good condition when her husband was in. Not very smart. Has anyone ever looked at miss clintons policies?
    Where did you get "raging bitch". I think she has some good things going for her but on the other hand I don't agree with everything she stands for.

Bill did do alot of good things for this country. His morals wasn't the highest, but I rather have a President that gets a blow job rather to have one that lies to us and send innocent young men and women overseas to get injured or die.

Look at it this way if you vote for Hillary, you'll be getting two Clintons for your vote.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

See thats not how you need to look at it. You are not voting for Bill. This is not his election. Oh and where did I get raging bitch from? Have you ever heard the woman speak.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I won't vote for Hillary. I like Bill But as long as Monica is out of the picture!! So is my vote!!! HAHA

See thats not how you need to look at it. You are not voting for Bill. This is not his election. Oh and where did I get raging bitch from? Have you ever heard the woman speak.
    I listen to all of the candidates that's running for the presidential election.
    Hillary, in my opinion, is very intelligent. If Hillary wins you can bet you will get Bill too. Along with some of his advice.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

You will not get Bill. He does his own thing. He will just keep raking in dough making apperiences and public speaking. She will call the shots and always have the last word.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

If Clinton gets in, it will be a giant mess.

Whoever gets in has a BIG mess to cleanup!!!!!

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Good luck cleaning up Bush's shit!!! I wouldn't won't the job thats for sure!!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

In this order:
    John Edwards
    Mike Huckabee
    John Richardson
    Cris Dodd
    John McCain
    Last edited by Z ROADSTER; 12-28-2007 at 12:50 PM.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Hillery will never be president , neither will that Muslim fellow .
    I'm putting my money on Mr.John Edwards , that's my first choice.
    Second choice would be Mr.Michael Huckabee and last John McCain.Both McCain & Clinton straddle the fence & try to go with the latest poll . Really disappointed in McCain. After all the dirty shit Bush did to him in the last election he's still suckin-up to him. Hell , there's not a dime's worth of difference between em . And Hillery's just an opportunist , she's got no balls. Edwards & Huckabee will tell it like is & tough shit if you don't like it . They don't play that politically correct shit and that's what this country needs.The only thing the republicans have going for them , and I mean THE ONLY THING is immigration .

yeah, I think John Edwards is the most electable. Especially, if he gets by the news scandal that just came out about him getting one of his young staff workers pregnant.

Doesn't matter who gets in,,,,hell I don't pay much attention to it anyway,,,,but one things for sure,,,,the EPA will continue to pull strings and emmissions will keep getting a little tighter every year. It's not pretty. We just have to find ways around it and keep enjoying our cars.

Nice thing about alot of the old muscle cars I have is that they are not affected by most of this e-check crap,,,as most states don't go back that far. It sure makes playing with the new stuff a pain in the rump though. You just have to have a good paying job to afford keeping the gas tank full

Hope everyone had a happy new year.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Wink w00t

If Clinton gets in, it will be a giant mess.
    no joke man.

lets get rid of that electoral college as well.

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

What the EPA is going to do is increase the fleet average of gas mileage for their cars. Companies like GM and Ford are going to put out a shitload of cars that get one hell of MPG on average. That way they can continue to build muscle cars for the people who want them. Im not saying its not going to dwindle, because they will lay off the performance end for most cars, but there will still be a handful of somewhat affordable muscle cars to choose from.

Machine Silver
    2004 C5Z06 Corvette

The two topics that threaten the muscle car as we know it.

Future CAFE fuel standards.
    Increasing fuel mileage is a great idea.

On the other hand I'm not sold on the mainstream science behind global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans99LS1 View Post
    What the EPA is going to do is increase the fleet average of gas mileage for their cars. Companies like GM and Ford are going to put out a shitload of cars that get one hell of MPG on average. That way they can continue to build muscle cars for the people who want them. Im not saying its not going to dwindle, because they will lay off the performance end for most cars, but there will still be a handful of somewhat affordable muscle cars to choose from.
    Ya your right,,,,I checked it out,,,,,it's not a mileage criteria that all cars have to meet,,,,,it's an average overall,,,,,taking all GM cars and coming up with an average usage,,,,so it's not as bad as it first sounded,,,,although I can't think of anything that the EPA has done thats good though

I don't believe in the whole global warming crap either. People watch too much TV,,,where they tell you what they want you to hear.
    In reality,,,ozone depletion is a natural process,,,with volcano eruptions,,,,one volcano erupting does more damage to the ozone than all cars combined can do in 10,000 years,,,,the sun beating down on the salt water (oceans) evaporates creating (can't think of the word) something that eats the ozone,,,,,and oceans make up 70% of the earths mass,,,,there are many other natural processes,,,I'm not pulling this out of the air,,,,do some research at your local library,,,tons of good books on this subject that tell you things you won't find on TV.
    Cars and people are such a small part of all this it's actually comical how they play it off on TV as the end of the world. We are one of the few if not the only country in the world that even gives a crap and are actually trying to rectify it,,,,,Nobody else does........
    It's a great way for them to make money though...........
    Hopefully I will be dead and gone before the EPA gets too far out of control. Don't beleive everything on TV,,,,the earth will be here long after we are gone,,,,We'll all die from someone pushing the nuk button or mass disease,,,, before the ozone gets us....lol.

Red
    2001 ws6

ok, nobody in here knows anything about US economy, Clinton did shit for our economy, it takes YEARS to fix the US economy, clinton walked into office with the economy on the uprise due to the previous presidents, i belive its around 6-8 years for the US economy to have the drastic change it had when Clinton was in office

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ok, nobody in here knows anything about US economy, Clinton did shit for our economy, it takes YEARS to fix the US economy, clinton walked into office with the economy on the uprise due to the previous presidents, i belive its around 6-8 years for the US economy to have the drastic change it had when Clinton was in office
    I think you might need to check your facts first. Bush was in office before Clinton and Bush did nothing for the domestic affairs. Only thing he did was abroad. Clinton DID improve the economy and the deficit was decreased while he was in office. Plus a surplus was on hand. Since Bush 2 has been in office all the surplus has evaporated and the deficit is the largest in history.

Red
    2001 ws6

funny how anyone that defends clinton always compares him to the current, where in my post did i mention bush the 2nd? never? clinton did not improve the economy as well as many think, ALOT of it came from the previous presidents, bush the first and reagan

Yeah, I guess you think trinkle down economics had everything to do with the deficit being paid off after 12 years. I don't think so. Reagan and Bushie 1 had nothing to do with anything economics. You must be very young or you don't remember. Your are right, it took about 4 years or so to balance the budget and that was in Clintons second term.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information