Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I want a 71 Cuda

This is a discussion on I want a 71 Cuda within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones That really caught my eye. My son currently does the exact same thing, cruising the old ...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    That really caught my eye. My son currently does the exact same thing, cruising the old cars while playing old music, and he just puts his ear on the speaker and listens. If I drive long enough he will fall asleep.
    When I was 6, we drove all the way out to Indiana. My Mom kept telling me I was going to go deaf

I would love to have that car today

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That's the hard part. There are so many choices in between, with tons of beautiful detroit iron from all manufactures. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his mind again.

If I had my way, I'd have a warehouse full of classic cars, with a heavy emphasis on muscle from about 61-72, and a few from the 50's would do. There are just too many good ones to narrow down to 1 single car.
    I am soooo with you on that! I've always wanted to have a huge garage with a collecting of old cars. My taste doesn't stop at the 60's either. Just my first pick-ens I admire all classics.

Oh to be Jay Leno...

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

My father does those vettes all the time mostly C2 and C3. If you don't mind it being non original or matching number, you can do this. Buy a cheap C3. You can still get a 1978 to 1982 for a good price and running. Now you find the tub you want to use. If it is a coupe style then you want tub and rear fiber glass. Then buy the front end glass and you can either wait and take the body off the C3 and then put your C2 body on it and glass it together or make a body jig and glass the whole thing together, finish and paint it so when your ready you just pop the C3 body off and moddify the body mounts and what not and drop the c2 on to the running frame. Now you have a great looking car with only minimal down time. Thats the short and narrow of it but you should get the idea. Frames close enough that if you can cut and weld it can be done in a short amount of time.

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

just buy my friggin 70 cuda and i will throw in a fresh 383 hp with it.

Last edited by WS6S; 03-17-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: just cause

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by WS6S View Post
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    i think it blasphemy to even mention putting a modern engine and suspension into a c2 or a cuda ...to destroy a classic makes my soul weep

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i think it blasphemy to even mention putting a modern engine and suspension into a c2 or a cuda ...to destroy a classic makes my soul weep
    if its my cuda thats purchased its a full numbers matching car

Bright Red
    2001 Camaro

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Don't see many of those #'s matching anymore! Nice car.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Click for full size
    Click for full size

Ill give you $20k... I dont want one that only has single headlights... Specifically want a '71...

most vette have rotten ass frames anyway... and im not really doing anything terrible to the car... a 327 vette isnt exactly the top of the food chain.. You serioulsy dont thing a 650 or so hp c2 that starts with a button and will handle like a z06 isnt much more bad ass then a restored 327?

im sorry sir, but you have lost your mind...

-me

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Ill give you $20k... I dont want one that only has single headlights... Specifically want a '71...

most vette have rotten ass frames anyway... and im not really doing anything terrible to the car... a 327 vette isnt exactly the top of the food chain.. You serioulsy dont thing a 650 or so hp c2 that starts with a button and will handle like a z06 isnt much more bad ass then a restored 327?

-me
    imho it is just like taking a 4th gen and putting a gen I engine .i am big on period correct ..the purity of the c1 and c2 is what i think make the car...it is like the first gen vipers...those were just soo raw and unrefined ..it was a pure muscle car...but hey different strokes for different folks....if i wanted a vette that handled like a z06 and 650 horsepower...id buy a c5-c6 z06 with 650 hp just saying

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

-me
    20k ouch !

98' trans am

you know that is a numbers matching ...try in the range of 40k (i think that is lowballing too by the way) and you might be close

1966 Corvette Coupe

20k ouch !
    you know that is a numbers matching ...try in the range of 40k (i think that is lowballing too by the way) and you might be close
    If it were a 71 i would pay more like $35k for it... It like me trying to give you some nice BBW ass... if you aint into that you arent going to want to pay for it... even if the market says its worth $40k....

-me

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

$35k only because paint & body shtuff.i just cant believe predator doesnt like bbw ass !
    the guy still has not replyed to my 5k and his car for the cuda offer so the cuda will stay here for now !

-me
    I agree with Shady. Doing minor things that are reversable isn't all that bad. But an entire drivetrain/suspension swap is a bit much in my opinion. I'm not into that whole pro touring thing and still don't like these old cars with modern parts, and can't stand the big wheels either.
    Nothing wrong with the 327 vettes at all by the way. Had a 350hp version and I'll tell ya they will eat at the top of the food chain pretty well It's actually a nice little package compared to the big blocks, I had one of those too. I always thought the 327/350 was a nicer car over our 454. It actually ran better as a matter of fact.

imho it is just like taking a 4th gen and putting a gen I engine .i am big on period correct ..the purity of the c1 and c2 is what i think make the car...it is like the first gen vipers...those were just soo raw and unrefined ..it was a pure muscle car...but hey different strokes for different folks....if i wanted a vette that handled like a z06 and 650 horsepower...id buy a c5-c6 z06 with 650 hp just saying
    I'm with ya Shady, so I guess we have both lost our minds

98' trans am

I agree with Shady. Doing minor things that are reversable isn't all that bad. But an entire drivetrain/suspension swap is a bit much in my opinion. I'm not into that whole pro touring thing and still don't like these old cars with modern parts, and can't stand the big wheels either.
    Nothing wrong with the 327 vettes at all by the way. Had a 350hp version and I'll tell ya they will eat at the top of the food chain pretty well It's actually a nice little package compared to the big blocks, I had one of those too. I always thought the 327/350 was a nicer car over our 454. It actually ran better as a matter of fact.

I'm with ya Shady, so I guess we have both lost our minds
    my girlfriend tells me that all the time.

my girlfriend tells me that all the time.

My wifes been telling me that for years, looks like we are in the same boat

I'm pretty thick skinned, you get used to it after a while

Judging by alot of the crowd I hang with, there are plenty of others out there that think like we do, so we can add them to the list too,,,lol.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think an engine swap is OK as long as you keep, and not sell the original. If you don't have matching numbers in the first place, then really... what does it matter?

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I think an engine swap is OK as long as you keep, and not sell the original. If you don't have matching numbers in the first place, then really... what does it matter?
    That is fine as long as the swap is period correct imho

That is fine as long as the swap is period correct imho
    That is the key that alot don't consider,,,,period correct.

I can certainly understand why people swap the modern drivetrains into the vintage cars, but it doesn't really fit with the period, or the whole vibe of what vintage cars are about. If that doesn't bother people, then by all means, do it and enjoy it. It just never was my thing when it comes to collectable cars. I've done this to other vehicles not as desirable such as Jeeps for example however.

But as far as vintage cars go,,,that's one of the biggest reasons I enjoy driving them, no computers, nothing but old fassion HP with manual steering and manual brakes to really give you the feeling of driving a car.
    When I want modern I jump in a 4th gen.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That is the key that alot don't consider,,,,period correct.

I can certainly understand why people swap the modern drivetrains into the vintage cars, but it doesn't really fit with the period, or the whole vibe of what vintage cars are about. If that doesn't bother people, then by all means, do it and enjoy it. It just never was my thing when it comes to collectable cars. I've done this to other vehicles not as desirable such as Jeeps for example however.

But as far as vintage cars go,,,that's one of the biggest reasons I enjoy driving them, no computers, nothing but old fassion HP with manual steering and manual brakes to really give you the feeling of driving a car.
    When I want modern I jump in a 4th gen.
    Well, if you're gonna put it that way... I agree completely

I also find favor in cars that aren't controlled by computers. For the most part, the Camaro is the only car I've owned that is. It's the newest car I've ever owned and probably ever will.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information