Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Classic Muscle

This is a discussion on Classic Muscle within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; these are sticky worthy for sure...

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

these are sticky worthy for sure

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

white vinyl top with a neutral interior , 4 speed with air conditioning. first year for a/c on a z28

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by twozs View Post
    Click for full size
    Holy multi-colored interiors, Batman! Awesome car -- I take it the interior is a work in progress?

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

I have two muscle cars in addition to my 1998 Z/28. The first is a 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda 1 of 2474 made for trans am racing in 1970. It has had a complete restoration. 340 6 barrel engine 727 auto trans. 391 sure grip . Lemon Twist Yellow. Ran low 13s quarter mile before restoration. My other car is a 1966 Chevelle Convertible, 502ci , TCI turbo 400, 355 12 bolt rear. Also a complete restoration. Regal red black interior and top. 12.35 quarter mile on MT ET. Drags. Alway looking for more. Like to find a nastalgic drag car Gasser, FED or Super stock car. Any one got one for sale?

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Holy multi-colored interiors, Batman! Awesome car -- I take it the interior is a work in progress?
    no that IS the factory interior. theres a picture of a 73 type lt in the sales brochure with neutral interior and it basically the same. the camera flash make the seats look a different color. in 73 and 74 neutral interior has a lot going on . the dash pad was a dark green, a pillar covers and carpet were brown and the rest was neutral (not a white but an off white). my car came with the optional red accent carpet. it was the 70s man! the dash... a better shot of the seats a pillar trim i was curious also and found a few cars on the web and they were similar, heres one thats not mine
    Last edited by twozs; 12-14-2009 at 06:59 AM.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

check out this one its a 72 american motors javlin " Pierre Cardin" edition
    Last edited by twozs; 12-14-2009 at 07:12 AM.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

check out this one its a 72 american motors javlin " Pierre Cardin" edition Click for full size Click for full size
    i love the 70s

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    I have two muscle cars in addition to my 1998 Z/28. The first is a 1970 Plymouth AAR Cuda 1 of 2474 made for trans am racing in 1970. It has had a complete restoration. 340 6 barrel engine 727 auto trans. 391 sure grip . Lemon Twist Yellow. Ran low 13s quarter mile before restoration. My other car is a 1966 Chevelle Convertible, 502ci , TCI turbo 400, 355 12 bolt rear. Also a complete restoration. Regal red black interior and top. 12.35 quarter mile on MT ET. Drags. Alway looking for more. Like to find a nastalgic drag car Gasser, FED or Super stock car. Any one got one for sale?

Nice! Where are the pics?

no that IS the factory interior. theres a picture of a 73 type lt in the sales brochure with neutral interior and it basically the same. the camera flash make the seats look a different color. in 73 and 74 neutral interior has a lot going on . the dash pad was a dark green, a pillar covers and carpet were brown and the rest was neutral (not a white but an off white). my car came with the optional red accent carpet. it was the 70s man! the dash...

No kidding -- I learned something new today.

metallic pewter, red
    2002 Z28, 1972 Z28

I have a 72 Z28, LT1 350 muncie 4 sp.

1966 Chevelle Convertible
    1998 Z/28, 1970 AAR Cuda

I'll try to get find some pics and post them but I'm not to good at doing that.

Red
    02 Trans Am T-tops M6

no that IS the factory interior. theres a picture of a 73 type lt in the sales brochure with neutral interior and it basically the same. the camera flash make the seats look a different color. in 73 and 74 neutral interior has a lot going on . the dash pad was a dark green, a pillar covers and carpet were brown and the rest was neutral (not a white but an off white). my car came with the optional red accent carpet. it was the 70s man! the dash... Click for full size a better shot of the seats Click for full size a pillar trim Click for full size i was curious also and found a few cars on the web and they were similar, heres one thats not mine Click for full size
    That good sir is Wicked ! batman indeed the 70's Rock!, now i want one
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack View Post
    I'll try to get find some pics and post them but I'm not to good at doing that.
    Its cool just make sure that you wipe the camera lens(with a clean pice of cotton shirt) before u take a picture it always blurs if its dirty. The aar cuda Yeah Trans am racing is the reason i bought my trans am . This is what Classic muscle is all about . Nice Muscle Cars Gentlemen !!
    Last edited by 402 Guru; 12-14-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The '70 Oldsmobile Cutlass W-31 is still a work in progress. The chassis now has the steering gear installed, brake and fuel lines are run and it will be back on its wheels over the Christmas holiday.

After sandblasting the frame, I had my brother make some laser cut pieces to repair the radiator support holes and front body mount holes -- other than these areas, the frame is solid.

Someone swapped in a Pontiac 10 bolt during the life of the car. We found an "O" axle at a local boneyard that I picked up for $50. It now has 3.42's and the aluminum cover.

All the frame and suspension components have been sandblasted and either powdercoated or painted with POR-15.

The engine is in pretty good shape and is stock bore. Just a little damage in the cylinder walls from moisture -- the car sat for 16 years in the prior owner's dirt floor garage. It has all the correct W-31 pieces, including carb, distributor, intake, balancer, etc...

The body is also solid. I found one small patch in the rear quarter after we pulled it off the frame.

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

I've got a few also.
    Earliest is a '60 chevy stepside. Kid kept wanting to call it 'Mater like the movie cars. I kept telling her it was too young to be Mater, that it was his younger brother, Tater.
    Next is a '67 Camaro SS396/M-21 with a set of 4.10's in the 12-bolt. It's currently torn apart awaiting prep and paint.
    '68 Camaro SS(had this car since 1995). It's orange and has a 468/TKO 600 and 3.42's in the 12-bolt. It's getting ready for aluminum heads to go underneath the old Offy low-rise 2X4 with a pair of Holley 600's. The best thing I did to it was put on a brake booster and master from a late 70's Corvette and a set of brakes from a 2000 Trans Am. Now it stops like it should. I have a 1.25" front sway bar(stock ones were 5/8") and a set of tubular control arms. For front springs I got a set of '70 Chevelle big block station wagon with air conditioning springs and cut them down to correct the ride-height. To help with traction I went and put in the poly bushings on the rear leaf springs(you'd be surprised how trashed the old ones were) and I have a set of the Jegster lift bars. Yes, they really do wonders. Car sits on Cragar SS's and BFGoodrich's.
    Final car isn't yet much. I picked up someone's project and it's been sitting. It's a '67 Camaro with a 496 and powerglide and it's a tube-chassis with the fiberglass nose/ doors and deck-lid. It should be fun when I start into it, but until then it'll stay under the tarp.
    I struggle to figure how to add picks. If you want to see the '67 and '68 are in my Webshots.com. My username or whatever they call it is USA1Camaro1969 and yes, you'll see the '69 Pace car I sold a few years ago alongside the '97 30th Anniversary Convertible SS that sees most of my daily driving chores to this day.

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

just the 81 vette...has new exhaust since i took these pics..

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Did you go with stock style mufflers or a custom built system?

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Did you go with stock style mufflers or a custom built system?
    well its stock all the way to the cat..then it splits off in 2 1/2" pipe with no mufflers...sounds nice...ill try to get a pic up .

pewter
    99 trans am

this is the only pic i got of the exhaust afterwards....

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Has to sound pretty good just having cats. Any other plans for the car at this time?

pewter
    99 trans am

yea it sounds real nice...well before i do any performance upgrades i need to work out the rear suspension issues and also the steering problem..i talked to some c3 guys and they suspect my control valve is bad.....as for the rear i plan a full bushing replacement and monoleaf as well.. was wondering if i should go steel or fiberglass on that...whats your take?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information