69 camaro

This is a discussion on 69 camaro within the Classic Muscle forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; have a buddy that dont ask me how but he got his hands on a 69 restored to primer then ...

ne kansas

01 Z28

69 camaro

have a buddy that dont ask me how but he got his hands on a 69 restored to primer then abandoned and he also has lined out a 427 motor out of a grain truck and wants to put a t56 behind it he is going in this car blind so any tips or hints about anything would be appreciated and any good companies for aftermarket parts (performance wise). He crossed over the import bridge finally

Elk Grove, CA

02 SS, 03 BMW 745

sounds like she'll be a pics if you can.

hopewell jct, ny

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

gotta watch those big block truck motors . they have a different deck height and have many characteristics that are unique to themselves and not the passenger car blocks. things like heads and intake manifolds wouldn't bolt up and theres not a lot of performance parts made for the truck motors . I'm not including the big block pick up truck line. they used the passenger car block

WestCoast AZ-CALI

05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah that 427 you are talking about is a tall deck. You might have some issues there with a bellhousing for that T-56. I'll check into it more for you this week.

Glad he left the shit boxes for some real HP.

So is this going to be a street car for weekend playing? Street race car?
    Drag race car?

Need more details on his intentions to help aid you better in parts and manufactures to look at.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

1957 BelAir

As others have said the block is taller so the intake is different ( they are wider) water pump is different, dizzy is longer, header problems. but if he can get it free, some have steel cranks, the heads are the same but usually junk, unless he is wanting to build a big cubic inch motor not really worth it. also check the numbers first! I was given a tall deck out of a dump truck and was told it was a 427 but after checking the numbers it turned out to be a 366 tall deck, cast crank with little wimpy heads.

Thread Information