blue
    97 LT1 trans am

1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus

Right now it still has the stock 360 I think, but me and a buddy are planning on puting that ls1 that I have in it and a a4, If anyone knows about putting a ls1 in this kind of car let me know. If anyone knows where to go to see what kind of things i'll have to swap around or replace feel free to let me know. I was also wanting to know if I would be able to replace the front fenders with fenders off a charger or any other plymouth cars? I do know that the dash on the inside has a emblem right above the glove box that says "charger se" So I know something has to interchange. If anyone knows where to buy these parts I'd need let me know where to look. Thanks and I hope to hear opinions.
    Last edited by LS1 Trans am; 10-04-2006 at 09:44 AM.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Pictures? I don't have a camera at the moment.. And besides, when I get done I'll definatly have some.. but I just need a little advise and if anyone knows what problems, if any I will run across or if anyone thinks it'll fit right in? Anyways, Maybe I'll get a camera by this weekend that way I have before and after pictures. So far I have all the interior tore out, but all the plastic and such is still good for the doors and dash, ect.... But I tore out the seats and carpet and lightened the floor with lighter metal and am going to finish inside with a little carpet and 2 bucket seats out of a camaro.. Any thoughts are welcomed.. For the body work I will definatly need a right front fender and probably a grill and maybe bumper. If anyone knows a good place to get that stuff at let me know. I live in oklahoma so maybe I can find some in okc.. Thanks for any help.

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Stock engine and transmission are coming out this weekend. And I got some interior work done.. Will see about getting a camera to take pictures, but until then I'm still wodering if I'm going to run into any big problems or anything. If anyone knows much about swaping ls1's let me know. It'll be computered and have a painless wiring harness for sure, and it will still be fuel injected. Does anyone know if i can get a speedo and guages that I'll be able to mount into this dash that will be able to run off the computer?

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

dude, dropping a chevy in a mopar is just wrong, build that 360, it'll be 10X simpler than swapping to an LS1, and it can be built to run or beat one with ease, and if you want to go bigger mopar has many crate engines available, or go to a junkyard, swap in a BB 383, 400 with/wo stroker, 440 same. just don't stick a chevy in a mopar, and if you decide to, don't ever tell a mopar guy what you did
    2006 impulse blue G.T.O
    Iron Block 408
    Cam
    Pacesetter ceramic coated L.T.s
    LMII exhaust
    K&N CAI
    Ported TB
    Custom Tune
    FAST 90
    ZEX 125hp wet shot

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Not doing that now, doing a different car with the ls1. I do have a Chrysler new yorker, with the 413, It runs and the transmission works, but it is a pussbutton transmission.. I was told to pull the 413 out of the new yorker and dropping it in the plymouth... Let me know what you think about that.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

there you go, take the 413 swap it in the sat. you'll need to keep the motor mounts from the NYer, I don't think they'll bolt directly up to the frame though, you'll have to fabricate or find an adapter, also you will need the trans. from the NYer, as a bick block and small block have different bell housing patterns. Definitely that is the way to go, I like the 413, can make ALOT of power with some mods, which rear-end do you have? chrysler 8 3/4 or 9 1/4? if you build it, you might want to strengthen up the rear.

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Well, I'm planning to use the rear in the plymouth satellite sebring plus. It's a 74, Not sure what rear end it is, but I think it should hold up, both cars has about 70-80K miles on them. I might have alot of Questions on that 413 going into the satellite. Anything right off I should know? And also I'm looking into selling or parting off parts of the newyorker and the old 316 or 360 and the transmission out of the plymouth. Maybe you would know where I could list those things. Any help is appriciated.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

yeah, you could list them on E-BAY, or there's alot of dodge/plymouth specific websites with classifieds, personally I'd list them all on E-Bay, and maybe in your local newspaper. also as I said before, the transmission bellhousings are different you'll need to use the BB transmission, I would save everything and not sell/part out the NYer until you finish the sebring, you'll see why. Also anything that will fit a 1974, satellite, Roadrunner, charger will fit your car, if that helps at all, here is a few good websites that may help. www.allpar.com www.dodgetalk.com(there is some very knowledgable people on this site my handle on here is 10cylinderram, welcome to pm me as well) I hope this helps some

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

So how's it coming? any pics?

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Still no pictures, unless someone lets me borrow a camera... LOL, but Haven't done much, kinda working on getting the motor to run. Did get it out of the new yorker and it's in my garage, I got it to turn over (kinda slow turning over) and it has a spark, I think the timing is still ok.. But I had it pop a couple times, almost starting a little, and then I had it catch the carb on fire..But no problems. Just have slowed down on it since I've been working on my ls1 and 4l60 to go in a s-10.. Now if I can just find the stuff I'm still needing..

red/black
    97 Firebird

excuse me but that has to be about the Fuglyest Plymoth made.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

that was kind of rude, I think the 74s look ok, you can make them look real good.

blue
    97 LT1 trans am

Yea, I've seen them restored.. You can't put down what was just sitting out in the farm field that would be rotting if I didn't bring it to town... Not to mention that the 360, or 318 that was in it and the 3 speed transmission were running when it was parked(found out the bolts that held the motor to the flywheel was only 2 bolts holding them together and they broke and that's why the lady that left it thought it was serious) I wasn't planning on using that motor or trans just because It needs a carb and the whole distributor.. and who knows what else since it's been sitting out there and people been stealing parts off it.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Dont give up on the trans ... If you have a small block 727 it is very strong ....You can get some 360 Crate motors that make sick HP... Mopar dont play ..

Thread Information