Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

winter time is cam time.

This is a discussion on winter time is cam time. within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by robs98mysticZ i did tsp 228r 112 lsa, tsp hardend chromoly p.r., tsp ported ls6 oil pump, ls2 ...

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by robs98mysticZ View Post
    i did tsp 228r 112 lsa, tsp hardend chromoly p.r., tsp ported ls6 oil pump, ls2 timing chain, comp 918 springs, ngk tr55 plugs, msd wires, and did the innovate lc1 while i was at it. if your doing heads you might as well freshen up the lifters and trays

i also have lts ory and cb along with lid

Click for full size
    Car only has 35000 miles shouldn't it all be fresh still?
    Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

ahh in that case its just up to you...id personally probably go ahead and do it but im a stickler for "while im in there".....the image of my car i posted if you click on it it should redirect you to an idle clip vid...that way you can hear my setup since your looking into the same cam as mine

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

ahh in that case its just up to you...id personally probably go ahead and do it but im a stickler for "while im in there".....the image of my car i posted if you click on it it should redirect you to an idle clip vid...that way you can hear my setup since your looking into the same cam as mine
    I did but its not playing on my cell. I have heard the 228 112 LSA run it actually sounds good to my ears though so now Idk.
    Did you keep your intake or go with a fast?

1998 Camaro Z/28

i still have the stock ls1 my car is a 98 but i have a fast 92 with 92 tb sitting in my living room waiting for me to throw on...i got a really good deal on the intake manifold bought tb then ls6 valley new steam lines ect...im debating on whether or not im going to buy injectors or not before install. im still on stock 806 heads though

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

i still have the stock ls1 my car is a 98 but i have a fast 92 with 92 tb sitting in my living room waiting for me to throw on...i got a really good deal on the intake manifold bought tb then ls6 valley new steam lines ect...im debating on whether or not im going to buy injectors or not before install. im still on stock 806 heads though
    See I hear they quit making the 92mm tb intakes

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

They have started making them again I believe.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    They have started making them again I believe.
    Is it s good set up or something? What does the size increase help out? From 92 to the 102

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

More air flow = more power.
    It's on jackstands.

1998 Camaro Z/28

ive seen alot of ppl claim that on stock cubes ie 346 that the fast intakes arent that great...more air is going to be better but, the whole power gain vs cost many just stick with the ls6 but if your heads and cam then you get the most out of the fast...fast does make the 92 again and it comes in black. benefit of the 92 is that you can use the stock fuel rail, the 102 requires the use of aftermarket fuel rails ect

Black/ Silver

I prefer the FAST 102 since if I am going to spend that kind of money I would rather get the most out of it. You can use ls2 fuel rails with the FAST 102, I have that on mine now.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

No plans to swap out the LS6 intake on our car.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It's tough justifying 15-20 HP for $1,000+ dollars.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Yeah... just did the search for a 92 vs 102 dyno sheets on a stock ls1 not paying for 12 ponies sorry. Lol

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Depends what your goal is. I bought it for future plans as well as current plans. Down the road I plan on building a stroker which would benefit from it as well. Btw kooks headers only add about 20 to 30 hp and are close to 1k and over when you add in the y pipe in. Just saying....but like I said if you want the most power possible without a custom intake FAST is the way to go otherwise stick with the ls6.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Depends what your goal is. I bought it for future plans as well as current plans. Down the road I plan on building a stroker which would benefit from it as well. Btw kooks headers only add about 20 to 30 hp and are close to 1k and over when you add in the y pipe in. Just saying....but like I said if you want the most power possible without a custom intake FAST is the way to go otherwise stick with the ls6.
    Yes, they are pricey. They also add value in that they change the exhaust tone of your vehicle. That isn't something you can put a price tag on
    pajeff02 likes this.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Whats the difference in kooks from the slp ones I have that cost significantly less? or are you talking about the 1and 7/8th headers?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Kooks are made from a high-grade stainless steel, mandrel bent for the highest flow possible, and the fitment is excellent. On older versions of the SLP headers, many people that installed them had very poor fitment and ground clearance issues. A lot of people scrapped the collectors on the ground because of how low they sat. This gave the SLP headers a very bad rap in the car scene. Likewise, their MAF caused many people headaches with their car running lean after installment. Plus, SLP claims ridiculous HP increases which are not true of their products. For these reasons, us old-timers tend to steer away from their products all together. They do make a decent air lid and line lock though.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Kooks are made from a high-grade stainless steel, mandrel bent for the highest flow possible, and the fitment is excellent. On older versions of the SLP headers, many people that installed them had very poor fitment and ground clearance issues. A lot of people scrapped the collectors on the ground because of how low they sat. This gave the SLP headers a very bad rap in the car scene. Likewise, their MAF caused many people headaches with their car running lean after installment. Plus, SLP claims ridiculous HP increases which are not true of their products. For these reasons, us old-timers tend to steer away from their products all together. They do make a decent air lid and line lock though.
    Mine must be freaks cause they had no figment issue haven't scraped them yet so Idk.

Black/ Silver

It's the original design, you probably have their newer design.

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

Well to get back on topic what are good oil pump and timing chain for this set up? This will be the last thing I do to the car cam and heads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information