Bluse
    1990 Miata

Will LS7 Cam Fit in LS1

I am putting a L33 into a Miata for track days and possible NASA racing. The L33 came out of a 2005 Silverado extend cab so the cam, although good, is a truck profile cam. So I wanted to upgrade to a Z06 cam profile.

It basically an LS1 style with the reluctor ring at the rear of the cam and the cam sensor at the rear of the block.

I have an opportunity to pick up an stock C6 LS7 cam and with a 1x timing gear and LS2 timing cover.

I need to know if it will fit and then it will function in my engine. I have read much confilicting information on this and the other LS1 forums.

If anyone knows, I would apprecaite it. If you can point me to a third party site with more infor all the better.

Thanks!

blue
    1998 Z-28

Thumbs up ls1 to ls7 cam

Quote Originally Posted by miataracer33 View Post
    I am putting a L33 into a Miata for track days and possible NASA racing. The L33 came out of a 2005 Silverado extend cab so the cam, although good, is a truck profile cam. So I wanted to upgrade to a Z06 cam profile.

It basically an LS1 style with the reluctor ring at the rear of the cam and the cam sensor at the rear of the block.

I have an opportunity to pick up an stock C6 LS7 cam and with a 1x timing gear and LS2 timing cover.

I need to know if it will fit and then it will function in my engine. I have read much confilicting information on this and the other LS1 forums.

If anyone knows, I would apprecaite it. If you can point me to a third party site with more infor all the better.

Thanks!
    i have a ls1 with a zo6 ls7 cam in it , as long as you have ls2 cover , timing gear , and change the two outside wire , on plug it will work

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

why ?? why not go custom grind and be done with it ?

blue
    1998 Z-28

Thumbs up i have a ls1 with a zo6 ls7 cam

as long as you got the ls2 cover with cam sensor on it and get timing gear with half moon on front of it , that how the sensor reads it , and change the top wire withe bottom wire on the plug it got three wire on the plug

Bluse
    1990 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why ?? why not go custom grind and be done with it ?
    'cause I can get the whole kit for $175. If you know where I can get a custom grind with the timing kit for less let me know.

Bluse
    1990 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by leez28 View Post
    as long as you got the ls2 cover with cam sensor on it and get timing gear with half moon on front of it , that how the sensor reads it , and change the top wire withe bottom wire on the plug it got three wire on the plug
    Great news. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information