Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

why am i getting 150miles out of a tank?

This is a discussion on why am i getting 150miles out of a tank? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; This may be a stupid question but have you checked the obvious. When you fill up from empty how many ...

Sky042
    This may be a stupid question but have you checked the obvious.
    When you fill up from empty how many gallons are you putting in. Are you sure that it's not just as simple as a faulty fuel level sending unit?

00slpstreet
    hummmm....i have a stock air box now but iam buying an slp cold air full induction, lid , filter, and maf do you think this will help?

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by 02z28ls1
    I've never taken any long trips with my Camaro Z-but I've got a OBD2 monitor on the dash that reads out all computer sensors and also gas mileage -in several different ways.Out on the highway I can get over 30 mpg.Your mileage drops drastically around town with the stop and go,heavy traffic,idling thru fast food and ATMs.I drive mainly city type traffic and the average is around 16-18 mpg.But I don't understand how you would only get 20 mpg on open highway-must be jazzin the throttle alot.
    Which OBD2 Monitor do you use?

1994 POS

Quote Originally Posted by 00slpstreet
    hummmm....i have a stock air box now but iam buying an slp cold air full induction, lid , filter, and maf do you think this will help?
    I'd go with the airfilter but forget the MAF, our stock ones can hang on until about 450 engine HP before it becomes a restriction. If you want to go big just get the Z06 one from a 01 or later along with a harness and get your computer programed to use its table. If you go in for any tuning later with the SLP MAF it has a resistor in it that calibrates the signal for a guestimate and isn't consistant at all. Spend the money on something else IMO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information