Black
    1999 TA WS.6

white paste in oil fill

First off a own a 2000 dodge Durango w 4.7 4x4. Today i went to check oil cause i thought i heard a lifter tick on start up. It was slightly low on oil so i opened my oil fill and the walls were covered with a white paste. SHIT. Im thinking a leaking head gasket SHIT or a stopped up PCV valve. The truck runs fine with oil pressure good at idle and and cruising speed. I do have two codes being sent. P1491 and P 0551, powertrain codes and one of them i know is for the power steering pressure switch not activating, the other 0551 i cant remember, i have seen before though. At this time i do not have access to Mithcel on Demand any more. Any input on what you guys think?

Ron

Red
    1998 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro

alot of people have this problem, mainly due to condensation. i just had a LS6 oil pump installed and they had to drop the pan b/c they dropped the bolt for the pickup tube and he found the white paste in the pan and under the oil cap, its due to your truck not getting the oil up to full opertating temp. meaning if you take short trips about 15 minutes or less then your engine doesnt have enough time to evaporate some of the condensation getting built up in the engine, so if your oil pressure is good and you dont have a bad head gasket then the problem is condensation. so just let the truck warm up longer and you should see this disappear or not see as much of it.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

DTC P0551 Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

black
    2002 ss

Typically lifters can become noisy when full of coolent, cause the jelly goop doesnt work as well as oil. A little white film is condensation, valve covers full of baby food is coolent contamination. If you dont drive it much, and it looks like condensation, try one of those oil flush in a can things, followed by a new filter and oilchange. that will clean out the passages and may get rid of your lifter noise.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

wow i posted this a long time ago.. but still thanks guys. thanks alot for the code description. i no longer have access to Mitchell on Demand(damn!).

Thread Information