Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

When people say dont try to...

This is a discussion on When people say dont try to... within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by DEADBYDAWN I think he is saying to put a head bolt in on each side of the ...

  1. #41
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,097

    Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

    Quote Originally Posted by DEADBYDAWN View Post
    I think he is saying to put a head bolt in on each side of the block where the heads bolt in and hook your chain/hoist to them to pull the motor.

    thats what I was saying

    and yes you can leave the heads on to do that.

  2. #42
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    how would you pull a motor using head bolts with the heads on? i don't see anywhere, other than the outer bolts that would be feasible.

  3. #43
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    so get heads in front and bolts in the rear? wtf are we talking about

  4. #44
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

  5. #45
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    well......running yet?


    and wtf are you guys talking about??? The question started out pretty simple and straight forward and somehow has taken a turn for the worse somewhere.

  6. #46
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

  7. #47
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    well......running yet?


    and wtf are you guys talking about??? The question started out pretty simple and straight forward and somehow has taken a turn for the worse somewhere.
    that was my bad.

  8. #48
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    that was my bad.
    na, your question was legitimate. Somewhere it got railroaded.

    plus now I get to hound you as to when your car will be running again. How far along are you?

  9. #49
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    na, your question was legitimate. Somewhere it got railroaded.

    plus now I get to hound you as to when your car will be running again. How far along are you?
    it's out as of yestterday, time is the hard part right now, sat i'll work on it for about two hours and sunday the same sunday i plan to get the 396 in place sat plan on swaping most of the sensors and anything else i need. get the nw tb, sensors in ect. get it all ready and make a list of all the gaskets i need, debated on longtubes while it's out, i don't really have the money but i would be a ton easier now. just need the stall, the fuel pump and injectors to complete. then i'll need to get the cage in. soon i hope guessing mid june or so. around the 10th.

  10. #50
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    it would save a little work to do the headers now but not really a ton depending on how hard it is to get your exhaust on and off. I've done mine enough times I can yank that stuff in just a few minutes. It's mandatory that you post up a few pics along the way.

  11. #51
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it would save a little work to do the headers now but not really a ton depending on how hard it is to get your exhaust on and off. I've done mine enough times I can yank that stuff in just a few minutes. It's mandatory that you post up a few pics along the way.
    yeah i wanted to and forgot the camaera the first todays i will get some next time, sat night or sunday i'll show it out the old one and the new one. we got the motor out with taking the hood off too i was shocked and didn't even nick it. i can't wait to get it in. about the time i get this down i should have the ws6 from the shop too. good times this summer.

    i may do the relocation coil pack insatll sat or sunday too.

  12. #52
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,097

    Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

    I got my freaky ass gauges fixed today. Wierd what one grounding wire can do for ya huh? it was kinda hard to get put back on the back of that head with everything in too. Anyways now I am having troubles iwth my shifter cable, anyone have any advice? I have taken it off and reinstalled in several times now and I just cant get it to shift into park. If I start with the trans and the shifter both in park I cant get the shifter cable onto the trans, the bracket wont meet up with the trans pan bolts if ya know what I mean.
    Last edited by juiced99ws6; 05-31-2007 at 08:22 AM.

  13. #53
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    it's hard for me to picture how that cable drops down without going out and looking at it. Have you taken everything apart and made sure the cable is routed right and not pinched somewhere?

  14. #54
    Veteran 0rion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    22,520

    98 Formula
    06 duramax

    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    yeah i wanted to and forgot the camaera the first todays i will get some next time, sat night or sunday i'll show it out the old one and the new one. we got the motor out with taking the hood off too i was shocked and didn't even nick it. i can't wait to get it in. about the time i get this down i should have the ws6 from the shop too. good times this summer.

    i may do the relocation coil pack insatll sat or sunday too.
    you putting them under the cowl? I'd really be interested in seeing some pics of that and how you've ran the wires. I've been tempted to do that mod myself and just make my own wires but I'd like to see a finished product. I also wondered about introducing that much more wire into the loop. I kinda like the whole short wire hot spark aspect of the LS1. I'm not even sure how much if any difference the extra length of wire would make.

  15. #55
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you putting them under the cowl? I'd really be interested in seeing some pics of that and how you've ran the wires. I've been tempted to do that mod myself and just make my own wires but I'd like to see a finished product. I also wondered about introducing that much more wire into the loop. I kinda like the whole short wire hot spark aspect of the LS1. I'm not even sure how much if any difference the extra length of wire would make.
    yes,
    i got the kit with the wires, with the motor. the guy i got it from just sold everything. it doesn't look that hard. but i didn't do it yet. i'll get all the specs on the motor in a second.

  16. #56
    your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cleveland ohio
    Posts
    11,376

    trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

    specs:

    396 LS1 wet sleeved longblock. built by Ron Mowen at GMMG. The rods are eagle forged rods and the pistons are diamond. 11.3 cr, -5cc valve reliefs. race prepped and magnafluxed crank. ARP headbolts, hex adjust roller timing chain, high volume ported oil pump, brand new sensors, LS6 valley cover, futral cam 240/242 .608 114. front and rear covers, hardened pushrods, stock rockers
    stage 3 LS1 heads 2.02/1.60 valves, blue stripe double valve springs, cometic head gaskets. The heads are bore matched to the block.
    This motor made 540 rwhp NA through a TH400 and 12 bolt
    Guy went 10.40 on motor

    that will be the new toy.

  17. #57
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,097

    Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    it's hard for me to picture how that cable drops down without going out and looking at it. Have you taken everything apart and made sure the cable is routed right and not pinched somewhere?
    nope.. I never took the cable out or anything so I figured everything should be fine. I guess I should probrably pull everything apart and start from scratch. the line pulls the bracket about a half inch from where it needs to be when im in park. i got frustrated today and quit cause no1 was there to help me. climbing under the car and back into the car over and over gets old after a while.

  18. #58
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,097

    Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

    Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    specs:

    396 LS1 wet sleeved longblock. built by Ron Mowen at GMMG. The rods are eagle forged rods and the pistons are diamond. 11.3 cr, -5cc valve reliefs. race prepped and magnafluxed crank. ARP headbolts, hex adjust roller timing chain, high volume ported oil pump, brand new sensors, LS6 valley cover, futral cam 240/242 .608 114. front and rear covers, hardened pushrods, stock rockers
    stage 3 LS1 heads 2.02/1.60 valves, blue stripe double valve springs, cometic head gaskets. The heads are bore matched to the block.
    This motor made 540 rwhp NA through a TH400 and 12 bolt
    Guy went 10.40 on motor

    that will be the new toy.

    Very nice! I cant wait to see some video. I am positive yours will be done before mine

  19. #59
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    bring that juiced TA to Ennis man!

  20. #60
    Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,097

    Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

    believe me I want to.. it is killing me not driving it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For the people who dont like to shovel snow
    By doberman 152 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
  2. dont honk at old people
    By jiveass in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 06:33 PM
  3. This is why some people dont deserve to breed.
    By FSANE in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 08:07 AM
  4. "I just cant understand why people dont trust us cops?"
    By Modulistic in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 09:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •