Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member camaroboy 14 02 ss's Avatar

silver
    2002 ss camaro

whats the best cam....

Whats the best cam for a 2002 camaro ss auto...with 355 hp...i was going to go wit the trickflow package in summit...but thought wait mayb i can make more power for less...any help full ideas guys...please give me complete details..i want to be making atleast 515 hp 460 tq
    2oo2 camaro ss,355 hp,mild mods...Srt 4 hunter....2 down looking for more

black
    1998 Camaro SS

well it depends on what you want to do. is it a dd or track car? if you want that much horsepower ur gonna need alot more than a cam. also since ur an auto ur gonna need a stall. i have m6 so dont know much about that. i would say if you want that much hp. go with cam, heads, headers, intake and 100 shot. i just got done with my h/c/i swap. prc stage 2.5 heads, tsp 228r cam, pacesetter lt's ory, bbk intake, 85mm tb, and gonna run a 75 shot dry. i should be somewhere around 440 w/o spray and around 510 with not sure yet still have to get it on the dyno.

silver
    2002 ss camaro

umm

its a daily...and i will probably go wit the package...it comes wit a cam,heads rocker arms,push rods gaskets...everything..for 3099.0 also was going to put hooker headers and a fast manifold.....what u think... i have been saving up i am half way there..lol..

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

What are the specs on the cam? What type of heads?

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

I have the TrickFlow setup. Its has great drivability and pleanty of power. Just so you know though, the 515HP rating is to the flywheel, not the rear wheels. Check out my sig, with all the mods I have + the 515 TF package, I am only at 440 RWHP. The only thing I am lacking is long tubes which are sitting in my garage. But, I do have edlebrock shorties, which is better than manifolds. Even when I get the kooks installed and the car retuned, I still wont be anywhere the numbers you are looking for. To get the numbers you are looking for at the rear wheels, you will need a S/C!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

White
    2001 Z28

go tt plus cam, new internals for sure

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

OP, you have to understand, there is no "best cam" out there...

the best cam that would work for you is to know exactly what goal it is you are trying to achieve. what are your current mods, what are your possible future mods?

once you have that figured out, then you can research what cam is the best for your application and goals, that when combined with all the other mods you have or plan to do, best compliment everything as a whole...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

when u say 355hp is that rw. have u had it dynoed? 515 thats gonna take alot to get u there... new internals (forged) heads/cam/intake/tb plus ul dyno less because ur an auto what reaer gears do u have? also is ur tranny stock aand is ur rear end housing stock.. i know u wanna save money but u get what u pay for and if u wanna 500+hp car u gotta beef up everything or else its a ticking time bomb... now dont get me wrong i love spray but i wouldnt call that true ALL TIME hp anyways good luck

silver
    2002 ss camaro

k thanks guys..lol no havent got it dynoed yet....i guess i was just adding upthe cosmetic mods numbers up... i think i will go wit the t f package...and after i install it i will get it on the dyno.......should have it by dec...ready to go...also any one know of any good performance shops or machine shops in cali or las vegas.....o ya i am getting some nitto s on tues.helllya then heading to vegas track on the 17th to do my first run...now any one got any guesses what they should be????lol lets see who comes close.....details...my car o2 ss with smooth bellow, mass sensor, slp air kit, magna exuaust,nitto 285 s.......car is a auto wit 18000. miles

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Below 14's

Above 10's

408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar

red
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Below 14's

Above 10's
    wow nice guess

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Agreed ...on the quote "there is no best cam"

Depends on supporting mods and use of car, daily driver, weekend use , or drag car.

My car is not a daily driver, but it can be driven daily.

My car is a 1999 Z28 vert, LS1 , mildly ported 241's,milled .080, comp 918 springs , comp push rods ,
    vindicator cam ground on 112 center, degreed 2deg advanced,LS6 intake, ported stock TB, 28lb injectors, smooth below,stock mass air, ported and polished' free air mod smooth lid, TB bypass mod,pistons fly cut for valve clearance.
    arp rod and head bolts, long tubes ,no cats, 160deg thermo, yank 3600, 4.10 gears, custom tuned with HP Tuners. 150 shot wet kit.

On motor it dynoed 442 rwhp 428 rwtq on spray 582rwhp 557rwtq

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    On motor it dynoed 442 rwhp 428 rwtq on spray 582rwhp 557rwtq
    That on a dynojet or a mustangdyno? Just wondering

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by pjeff7 View Post
    That on a dynojet or a mustangdyno? Just wondering
    dynojet, the mustang dyno usually nets higher numbers .

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by maxwax View Post
    dynojet, the mustang dyno usually nets higher numbers .
    You have it backwards.

Dynojet reads higher

Mustang reads lower.

I believe its becuase Dynojet doesnt take into considers the wieght of car. The dino itself is not wieght bearing.

But the Dynojet reads higher.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    You have it backwards.

Dynojet reads higher

Mustang reads lower.

I believe its becuase Dynojet doesnt take into considers the wieght of car. The dino itself is not wieght bearing.

But the Dynojet reads higher.
    I agree on the weight and load conditions, but I should have said most of dyno jet readings are less likely to be fudged on, on the mustang dyno I have seen tuners adjust the weight , to make it seem like they made more horsepower by making the cars seem weight less on the dyno.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Here is the BEST IDEA PERIOD.

Call Cam Motion and get a CUSTOM Grond cam to match YOUR Exact needs not a off the shelf universal grind.

http://www.cammotion.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=56

And do yourself the biggest favor. . . . . . . . . . Be honest with ALL your answers to there ?'s.
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Quote Originally Posted by camaroboy 14 02 ss View Post
    k thanks guys..lol no havent got it dynoed yet....i guess i was just adding upthe cosmetic mods numbers up... i think i will go wit the t f package...and after i install it i will get it on the dyno.......should have it by dec...ready to go...also any one know of any good performance shops or machine shops in cali or las vegas.....o ya i am getting some nitto s on tues.helllya then heading to vegas track on the 17th to do my first run...now any one got any guesses what they should be????lol lets see who comes close.....details...my car o2 ss with smooth bellow, mass sensor, slp air kit, magna exuaust,nitto 285 s.......car is a auto wit 18000. miles
    You will be very happy with the TrickFlow Package!

White
    09 G8 GT

OT: What's the difference between the mustang dyno and dynojet? Are they brand names, or just different types?

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

This is what my local dyno guy told me...

A MustangDyno has an added weight to the roller where as the dynojet is just the weight of the roller itself. HE implied that the mustang dyno will represent a more real world number due to the fact that when you really race you push the weight of the car. Where as a dynojet you are just dealing with the weight of the roller.

Thread Information