Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

what cam do i have

This is a discussion on what cam do i have within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; man i've got dual springs on my 228 cam just for peace of mind so it doesn't always mean that ...

  1. #21
    Member chevyss1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clemson SC
    Posts
    279

    black
    2001 Camaro SS

    man i've got dual springs on my 228 cam just for peace of mind so it doesn't always mean that much... i'd do the DOT thing...
    -if you know a cop maybe you can see if you're car's been pulled over or something and he can tell you who got pulled over driving it... i guess you'd need the old plate.
    -Maybe get a carfax, if it got hit or something you can see where it got repaired, maybe they have his maintenence record at the dealership he bought it from....
    -or run the vin and find out what dealership he bought it from using the vin and ask them.
    -If you get a better sounds clip i bet someone with a real good ear for it can tell you if it's definitly a mid range or real big cam cause you can generaly hear it... but not always.
    anyway there's a way to figure this out you just gotta think of it...

  2. #22
    Just to compare here is a 228/236,578/588 114 .


  3. #23
    Member twoolley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    170

    black
    2000 trans am

    hmmm stock springs? what cam can you get and use stock springs with?












  4. #24
    Member twoolley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    170

    black
    2000 trans am

    dump is closed in this vid


  5. #25
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by twoolley08 View Post
    hmmm stock springs? what cam can you get and use stock springs with?
    Stock springs are pretty much only good for a stock cam. Not very good for that either. Lol

  6. #26
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,955

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    With stock springs you might have a hotcam or some other really small cam, but the stock springs just can't handle much more then the stock cam.

  7. #27
    Member twoolley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    170

    black
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    With stock springs you might have a hotcam or some other really small cam, but the stock springs just can't handle much more then the stock cam.
    well the apprear to be semi new, they have gray paint marks on them if that means anything to anyone

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ponchatoula La.
    Posts
    20

    Black
    1999 Trans am

    With the valve covers off and if you have any tools such as a dial indicator you can set the dial on the top of the rocker where it comes in contact with the valve tip. Rotate the engine by hand and measure the lift with the dial.
    Not complicated. Duration can be measured also but a lot of math has to be done. How to's are on web sites.

  9. #29
    Member twoolley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    170

    black
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by cam man View Post
    With the valve covers off and if you have any tools such as a dial indicator you can set the dial on the top of the rocker where it comes in contact with the valve tip. Rotate the engine by hand and measure the lift with the dial.
    Not complicated. Duration can be measured also but a lot of math has to be done. How to's are on web sites.
    well if your any good with the math the first rocker on the driver side came out to 2.83 and the 2nd same side came to 3.08. the push rod has a number on it and it is 7.425.080

  10. #30
    Member chevyss1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clemson SC
    Posts
    279

    black
    2001 Camaro SS

    how would you do that math? just interested. Is it supposing that the intake or exhaust is open and the other must be closed or what?

  11. #31
    Member twoolley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    170

    black
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    how would you do that math? just interested. Is it supposing that the intake or exhaust is open and the other must be closed or what?
    i have no clue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •