Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what cam do i have

This is a discussion on what cam do i have within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; man i've got dual springs on my 228 cam just for peace of mind so it doesn't always mean that ...

black
    2001 Camaro SS

man i've got dual springs on my 228 cam just for peace of mind so it doesn't always mean that much... i'd do the DOT thing...
    -if you know a cop maybe you can see if you're car's been pulled over or something and he can tell you who got pulled over driving it... i guess you'd need the old plate.
    -Maybe get a carfax, if it got hit or something you can see where it got repaired, maybe they have his maintenence record at the dealership he bought it from....
    -or run the vin and find out what dealership he bought it from using the vin and ask them.
    -If you get a better sounds clip i bet someone with a real good ear for it can tell you if it's definitly a mid range or real big cam cause you can generaly hear it... but not always.
    anyway there's a way to figure this out you just gotta think of it...

Just to compare here is a 228/236,578/588 114 .

black
    2000 trans am

hmmm stock springs? what cam can you get and use stock springs with?

black
    2000 trans am

dump is closed in this vid

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by twoolley08 View Post
    hmmm stock springs? what cam can you get and use stock springs with?
    Stock springs are pretty much only good for a stock cam. Not very good for that either. Lol

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

With stock springs you might have a hotcam or some other really small cam, but the stock springs just can't handle much more then the stock cam.

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    With stock springs you might have a hotcam or some other really small cam, but the stock springs just can't handle much more then the stock cam.
    well the apprear to be semi new, they have gray paint marks on them if that means anything to anyone

Black
    1999 Trans am

With the valve covers off and if you have any tools such as a dial indicator you can set the dial on the top of the rocker where it comes in contact with the valve tip. Rotate the engine by hand and measure the lift with the dial.
    Not complicated. Duration can be measured also but a lot of math has to be done. How to's are on web sites.

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by cam man View Post
    With the valve covers off and if you have any tools such as a dial indicator you can set the dial on the top of the rocker where it comes in contact with the valve tip. Rotate the engine by hand and measure the lift with the dial.
    Not complicated. Duration can be measured also but a lot of math has to be done. How to's are on web sites.
    well if your any good with the math the first rocker on the driver side came out to 2.83 and the 2nd same side came to 3.08. the push rod has a number on it and it is 7.425.080

black
    2001 Camaro SS

how would you do that math? just interested. Is it supposing that the intake or exhaust is open and the other must be closed or what?

black
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    how would you do that math? just interested. Is it supposing that the intake or exhaust is open and the other must be closed or what?
    i have no clue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information