Thread: What cam?

Black
    95' SS

What cam?

Iv got a 95 Camaro with the motor an trans outta a 00' vette. 6speed, lt headers,4.10 gears an I just bought ls6 heads. I was looking at getting a ms4 cam but was wondering if there is a better cam that will get me more power? After this I plan on ls6 intake an then a 150shot last. I drag it quite a bit an I have another vehicle so I'm not worried about mpg. I'd like something that sounds really mean

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

sounds like a good combo to me, lol

Black
    95' SS

I'm also look at a tsp tsunami

NBM Z28

The MS4 is a huge cam. Alot of people can daily drive that cam no problems. Some people would still prefer to have a smaller cam. But if i were going with a cam that big, i would go with the MS3 instead.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

one of the biggest issue with a cam like the MS4 is with lift that high, its easy to get some piston slap, unless you fly cut the pistons.

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Anything with 112LSA and below will give you a mean sound...I think 112-114LSA is a good range for a DD car. I have a 236/242 .595/.610 111.5LSA and it is an animal... Dyno tuned of course... This is on my old LS6 block, working on a 427LSX F-1R procharged... That cam i had, has a powerband of approx 2400-6800, VIOLENT second gear in the M6, seems thats where the main power is. Was very streetable...No surging or stalling. Alittle rev on cold start, stepping from 2k working down to normal but then settled at 900-990 RPM for idle. Without the heads, with only TD exhaust, Fast toys lid, LS6 intake and 1 3/4" LT headers, the cam netted me 431rwhp and 411rwtq and was tuned on a dynojet... Not too shabby!

Navy blue
    2002 Pontiac Trans am

who made that cam need4speed?

Thunder Racing

Red
    99 SS

What supporting mods would I need to run that exact came on my 99ls1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Red
    99 SS

Is it designed specifically for FI

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuperSport View Post
    What supporting mods would I need to run that exact came on my 99ls1

You would absolutly need a dyno tune for that cam to fun cuz your ECU and A/F will be totally off....All i had at that time was 1 3/4" LT headers, LID, 25% UD Pully, LS6 intake, TD Exhaust and that was it... In order for the cam to have a long life, you WILL NEED dual valve springs, titanium pushrods and titanium retainers. Oh, and a double roller timing chain also. That should do it just fine! As far as suspension mods and other things you will need to actually make the car hook, that is up to you on what you want... I did have the full suspension done before doing any motor work but it is not necessary for the car to function...You could also add gears to help ramp the cam up quicker but, in our 10.5 bolts after the modding begins dont expect them to last too long lol

Red
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    You would absolutly need a dyno tune for that cam to fun cuz your ECU and A/F will be totally off....All i had at that time was 1 3/4" LT headers, LID, 25% UD Pully, LS6 intake, TD Exhaust and that was it... In order for the cam to have a long life, you WILL NEED dual valve springs, titanium pushrods and titanium retainers. Oh, and a double roller timing chain also. That should do it just fine! As far as suspension mods and other things you will need to actually make the car hook, that is up to you on what you want... I did have the full suspension done before doing any motor work but it is not necessary for the car to function...You could also add gears to help ramp the cam up quicker but, in our 10.5 bolts after the modding begins dont expect them to last too long lol
    Thank you as soon as the car gets put away for the winter I'm starting all the mods to support the twin Turbo kit from aps I believe, ill be doing the rear end sfc's lca's tubular k member adjustable phb, heads fast 102 intake, still deciding what throttle body, up in the air about building my auto and stalling it or swapping in a t56, oh and of course putting bigger rubber out back. Then paint and ws6 seats and I should be happy after that, ill start a build thread when I start ordering parts!!!

Red
    99 SS

I decided to just go FI lol, I want a Turbo ss

Sounds like it will be super sexxi!!! Keep us posted on how it goes!!! and of course, GOOD LUCK with it!

LOL, you sound like me... Just decided, fuk it im going FI!!! I thought that same way about a year ago... Took me a year of gather parts and researching and of course saving... If you are going to do a TT build, DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! Trust me, it will save you loads of time and aggrivation... Check the forums for answers and ask away!!! Were all here to help

Red
    99 SS

For sure that's why I joined to learn and not just shoot the shit and post whore

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuperSport View Post
    For sure that's why I joined to learn and not just shoot the shit and post whore

Couldn't agree more!

Navy blue
    2002 Pontiac Trans am

hey need 4 speed, did u ever took the car to the 1/4 mile with that Raptor cam?

Thread Information