86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Uprading Lifters and Rocker Arms ????

I'm going to being putting TSP's PP LS6 heads on in the next couple of months along with ls2 timing chain and a new oil pump of course gonna get it tuned again also. I was wondering if it was worth upgrading the rest of my valve train when i do this, will i see any gains from upgrading and what Lifters and Rocker Arms do you guys suggest. Or should i just stick with the stock parts. My car has 46,XXX miles on it.

My Mods:
    Pacesetter Headers- ORY
    Texas Speed 228R Cam/Moly Pushrods/918 Springs
    MTI LID
    Slp Under Drive Pulley
    Texas Rumbler Catback
    Sub Frame Connectors
    Lakewood Lower C-Arms
    Dyno Tune
    LS7 Clutch LS2 Flywheel, Nitto DR's
    407 RWHP 377 Ft./lbs.

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

I replaced my lifters and the rest of the valvetrain because I was around 60,000 miles. My preference for the lifters would be Lunati they are a little more expensive but I went through TWO sets of lifters from Comp because they wouldn't stay pumped up. The sets of Comp lifters caused a surging noise to come from the engine if you held 2500 RPMs for a few seconds. As far as rocker arms there are way to many companies out there for ME to say you should go with one in particular, but I have heard a few people say Comp's rockers are pretty noisy. And my car is no different. In case you can't tell I am not a fan of Comp right now, but I would stick with something in the stock 1.7 ratio.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

there will be many that will tell you to use the stock parts, because all of the real racers use stock rockers. i'll tell you to use the vinci/crane accelerated rockers, because they work. being banned from the 24 hours of lemans, because they give an unfair advantage, is a good thing.

in the wife's car, i picked up 17 rwhp using thier 1.8 rockers on a stock cam. in your case, you'll probalby have to stay at the 1.7 ratio.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52198
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Thread Information