Pewter
    2k WS6 A4

Tx shops for rebuilding.....all of it.

Wanted to get an idea of any shops about taking out my ls1, rebuilding and instaliing it. I have a 2000 trans am lsl, 4l60e trans, 10 bolt rear. I was wondering who could do it the best . I would like forged rods, pistons, crank with clevite bearings. Custom grind cam, p/p 243 heads, ls6 intake, Tb, and all new fuel system including pump, rails, injectors and lines. Resleeved bores for i guess a 383 build. Ofcourse all the little stuff like knocksensors etc. Plugs and wires etc, lifters, pushrods etc. New front drive assembly such as p/s, oil pump, water pump, all the gaskets needed, you get the idea...all of it. New 4l80e capable handling 500-600 hp/Tq, 3800 stall. Install. New drive shaft, new 12bolt or strange s 60, 373. And i gotta find some decent cts-v calipers lol. Im already getting a set of konis 4/4 and stranos im putting them on soon. The exhaust i preferably would like lts 7/8 pri with tsp true duals and hiflow cats. Got any suggestion on shops in tx that could take on the job and not half ass it? Dont worry about the budget cheaper is better but i understand you get what you pay for.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

what part of TX?

Texas Speed will be the #1 recommendation.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Pewter
    2k WS6 A4

Hey im from somervulle AL nice to meet somone from the same state. Im in killeen Tx. I got quoted around 30k from tsp

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

That 30k must be for a complete build.

Are you mechanically incline? I know Ft Hood has an awesome Autocraft shops (at least they did when I was there in 89-92, 99-01). If you're able to do some of the work you could seriously cut down the cost of labor.

Rear end's and engines you can order them pretty much drop in, key ready these days.

I know TSP sells long blocks for $3500-$6000 depending on what you order). All you would need is to swap over your accessary drive and engine swap. With the shop you could have it done in a day easy with their tools & lift.
    Hey I'm from Somervulle AL nice to meet someone from the same state.
    What's funny is I'm from TX and was station at Ft Hood twice. Loved it.

Pewter
    2k WS6 A4

Yea that was a complete build. I may can swing the rear, brakes and may be able to drop the trans and engine with the k member and order the engine and new trans through tsp and have it shippes to CTP and the car towed there for install would that cut the cost down alot or would dropping the engine/trans not really affect the price of 30k.?

Thread Information