Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TSP MS4 Camshaft Magic Stick V.4 any good??

This is a discussion on TSP MS4 Camshaft Magic Stick V.4 any good?? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by PFM Well now I find this all real interesting. Now lets see I have a TSP 347 ...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Well now I find this all real interesting. Now lets see I have a TSP 347 shortblock with -2cc Diamond pistons so lets not worry about PTV. And Jason at TSP just Stage 2ed my PRC LS6 heads and shaved them down to 59cc. I'm running a .040 Cometic gasket so that takes care of quench. Now the cam why its a MS4 V4 ground on a 111. Sounds terrible so far rite? But now the top secret part. Its a Crane Double Roller Adjustable cam sprocket and chain and if you advance +4 degrees you will make that MS4 make the most power under the curve and I'll guarantee you don't haveto wait till 5000 rpm gets here. Bought it from Joe down at VINCI HIGH Performance. If you real nice and promise to torque the cam bolts correctly I'm sure he will sell you one.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...=advancing+cam

all that would be a great contribution/advise for him if he had a TSP 347 shortblock, aftermarket pistons with valve reliefs, heads, and doesnt have to worry about PTV clearance, etc...

unfortunately he doesn't, so with a stock bottom end/short block and the mods he currently has, maybe you could contribute information that he can use for HIS SET-UP, and not just ramble off how awesome you motor is, and what all you had to do to make that cam work for your application, while running rich on sarcasim, and no dyno sheet to verify your claim...

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    all that would be a great contribution/advise for him if he had a TSP 347 shortblock, aftermarket pistons with valve reliefs, heads, and doesnt have to worry about PTV clearance, etc...

unfortunately he doesn't, so with a stock bottom end/short block and the mods he currently has, maybe you could contribute information that he can use for HIS SET-UP, and not just ramble off how awesome you motor is, and what all you had to do to make that cam work for your application, while running rich on sarcasim, and no dyno sheet to verify your claim...
    Well said...Figured someone was gunna say it and u got 2 it b4 i did....

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    my bad, im not trying to speak for you...

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    my bad, im not trying to speak for you...
    LOL no man no prob at all i didnt get on the forum fast enuff, wheather i said it or u said it as long as it got said haha

NBM
    1998Z28

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Ms4 cam. If you don't have the correct mods to run it your better off running a torquer v2 or something smaller your combo would work with. You need to run SCR/DCR calculations to see what any cam will do. Anybody that is buying a top end cam should realize that you are going to be making power in the upper end of the rpm range not power under the curve.If your going to run the cam straight up at 111 your making top end power, however if you have the modds to pull it off a MS4 advanced 4 degrees has a very broad flat torque band and is definately setup to make power under the curve. Is the MS4 V4 any good. Definately. I was not trying to brag about what I have or haven't got but what could be accomplished with the correct setup. The best advice I could give him is to leave the cam alone untill you can afford some stage 1 heads because he could easily pick up 40+ Hp with the heads alone. And if Micky Thompson ever comes out with some 315/35/17 drag radials get rid of thoses Nitto 555Rs.
    Last edited by PFM; 05-08-2007 at 08:18 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Ms4 cam. If you don't have the correct mods to run it your better off running a torquer v2 or something smaller your combo would work with. You need to run SCR/DCR calculations to see what any cam will do. Anybody that is buying a top end cam should realize that you are going to be making power in the upper end of the rpm range not power under the curve.If your going to run the cam straight up at 111 your making top end power, however if you have the modds to pull it off a MS4 advanced 4 degrees has a very broad flat torque band and is definately setup to make power under the curve. Is the MS4 V4 any good. Definately. I was not trying to brag about what I have or haven't got but what could be accomplished with the correct setup. The best advice I could give him is to leave the cam alone untill you can afford some stage 1 heads because he could easily pick up 40+ Hp with the heads alone. And if Micky Thompson ever comes out with some 315/35/17 drag radials get rid of thoses Nitto 555Rs.

MT just did come out with the new 315/35/17 street slicks....So i will be buying them very soon....And just the way you worded it soundsed like bragging...But im not sure if i listed the cam above but its a TR 232/242 595./602. 112LSA (box labled the LSA 111.5 but i dont think that makes a difference) and i was gunna pair this cam up with the AFR mongoose 205cc 66cc heads so in seeing how im making 400 in both hp and tq hopefully the 2 will push me around 430-440

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information