Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

TSP MS3 and MS4 Cams?

This is a discussion on TSP MS3 and MS4 Cams? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; good thread, I'm thinking about this cam too. It hits pretty hard as far as I can tell....

Columbus, GA
    good thread, I'm thinking about this cam too. It hits pretty hard as far as I can tell.

00 Z28

Ive seen both MS3's and MS4's in person and im not really impressed with the MS4......For being "the new magic stick" it didnt really "outdo" the ms3.....MS3 is a proven cam and i realy like what ive seen from it.
    Patriot 226 cam, Comp 918's, Ti retainers, TSP pushrods, Vig 3600 stall, Precision 4L60E, Richmond 3.73's,Pacesetter LT's, 2.5in TD's w/ H-pipe & 1-chamber flowmasters, TSP lid, K&N filter

I got chrome GM zr1's forsale!!!

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by FASTSS View Post
    Your variance from the cam card to advertised specs wasn't the problem. .003 is not very much at all. I have never seen a cam hit the advertised specs exactly, especially a shelf type cam. Lift was not your problem anyway. Duration is what causes PTV problems, not lift. Did you change head gaskets??Mill the heads any?? Either of those could have been the problem. I could believe that you floated the valves, and just because TSP says something doesn't make it the gospel...
    Nope heads never been off the car. Duration was one degree higher too both sides still nothing just off kilter. Cam only install installed dot to dot. Just a bunch of combined factors. LSA of 114 made it more risky, and the Over rev more than likey is what made the contact but I'm sure it's not the only reason it did so. Not being that even all the way across.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information