Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Trick flow head/cam performance kit

This is a discussion on Trick flow head/cam performance kit within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by BrownsMillsAntz What happens if the Jones' start modding? I'll have to depend on my cars lighter curb ...

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMillsAntz View Post
    What happens if the Jones' start modding?
    I'll have to depend on my cars lighter curb weight. That and a flux capacitor.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

So, with a good cam and a few bolt-ons? I probably would want a good port job on the heads while I was at it? Or will they be up to the job for flowing over 400 rwhp? I also would like to keep the stock LS-6 intake.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Maybe for a used set-up. I have 3X that in my Procharger set-up in just parts.
    You don't have the typical procharger set up either. I really like what you've done with your car and set up. You have my favorite 4th gen fbody, a 35th anniversary.

There is a procharger set up on ebay that I believe is 6700 installed and tuned. However I'm well aware that going FI doesn't stop at just the induction set up. FI can be a wallet emptying proposition but it's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    So, with a good cam and a few bolt-ons? I probably would want a good port job on the heads while I was at it? Or will they be up to the job for flowing over 400 rwhp? I also would like to keep the stock LS-6 intake.
    Yes you can get there with stock heads. You can keep the ls6 intake just P&P the TB. I would not spend the money on stock heads but that's just me. I would go with a nice kit and upgrade the heads before I took them off and had any work done, but again that is just me.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Yes you can get there with stock heads. You can keep the ls6 intake just P&P the TB. I would not spend the money on stock heads but that's just me. I would go with a nice kit and upgrade the heads before I took them off and had any work done, but again that is just me.
    x2 from me on this.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

" I would go with a nice kit and upgrade the heads before I took them off and had any work done"-what kind of "kit" are you speaking of? You lost me there.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

By kit, I believe he meant get one that comes as a package: heads/cam/etc. While changing the cam you should also do an oil pump upgrade, hardened push rods, valve springs, and a timing chain. I believe some of the offerings from some companies put all this into one package to make it easier on the buyer, plus you probably get an added discount for purchasing it all at once.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Looks like the same kit Vengeance sells except $400.00 more....Summit is bending people over. Plus you can pick your cam with Vengeance. https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/pr...%26-Cam-Combo#

I paid well under $3000 for my entire H/C build. 2.5 LS6 heads, V3 cam, 42# injectors, oil pump, timimg chain, LS7 lifters & trays, UD pulley & belts.
    Last edited by BrntWS6; 03-01-2012 at 06:36 AM.

" I would go with a nice kit and upgrade the heads before I took them off and had any work done"-what kind of "kit" are you speaking of? You lost me there.
    Yes I meant head and cam kit. I meant to say I would upgrade to better heads with a H/C package rather than mess with the stock heads.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Yes I meant head and cam kit. I meant to say I would upgrade to better heads with a H/C package rather than mess with the stock heads.
    Ah, okay. I got confused because you had suggested earlier to not buy heads and stick with the stockers.

Ah, okay. I got confused because you had suggested earlier to not buy heads and stick with the stockers.
    Sorry about that. Just to clarify you can meet your goals with no work to your stock heads. A cam, bolt-ons and tune will put you there. If you decide to make the heads part of your upgrade I would not waste any time or money messing with the stock heads. I would just upgrade the heads by getting a nice head/cam package like the trick flow or one of the TSP ones I posted a link to. I hope this helps. Good luck with school and your car.

Consumption, emissions, driveability are all dependent on the mood and the size of a cam you run ... 224 and 243S cam worn (Z06 heads) appear to be a popular option .... But there are plenty of them. ...

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I am running Texas Speed stuff. The prices are very reasonable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information