Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Trick Flow Head/Cam Package??

This kit has a pair of trick flow CNC-ported heads, trick flow heat-treated chromemoly pushrods, a matched trick flow camshaft, Harland Sharp roller rockers arms, GM Perfomance Parts gaskets and bolts. The kit is rated at 515hp/460ft-lb. Cam specs- 228/230 @ .050, .585/.585 lift. The kit is $3,100. Is this a good way to go as far as price, brand, ride quality? Thanks for the help.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

fantastic brand, fantastic quality, fantastic value. i dont have direct experience with trickflow on ls1's but I DO have their complete kit on my 5.0 and could not be happier with the quality and flow of their heads, cam, manifolds. jus really good stuff. 5.0 guys sware by trickflow. trust me, if you can swing it get that trickflow kit and dont even think twice about it. best part is their kits are all combo matched to work together. they stand behind their product and they often overdeliver on their parts. i would buy their stuff again on any other car's i drive.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

that sound like a good deal to me evry one i know that has used trickflow stuff loved them thats the same set up i want to use on my car where is that from?

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Thanks for the replys. The package is form Summit Racing, I saw it in the newest magazine.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

good deal thats the set up i've bine wanting my self let me know how you like it if you get it

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

There are similar packages sold for about half that price. check www.Texas-speed.com I would put up a direct link and go into more detail but they are not a sponsor here. Many guys like the TSP (texas speed performance) products. check the prices on their head and cam packages.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

2002 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by splitfinger09 View Post
    This kit has a pair of trick flow CNC-ported heads, trick flow heat-treated chromemoly pushrods, a matched trick flow camshaft, Harland Sharp roller rockers arms, GM Perfomance Parts gaskets and bolts. The kit is rated at 515hp/460ft-lb. Cam specs- 228/230 @ .050, .585/.585 lift. The kit is $3,100. Is this a good way to go as far as price, brand, ride quality? Thanks for the help.
    Hi splitfinger09,

Let us know your final numbers at the wheel when the build up will be tuned...

Christian
    511 RWHP/455 RWTQ/346ci/NA/ FORMATO TUNED
    ETP 215 60cc FTI Prep/Cometic 0.040/FTI StreetSweeper Cam/Morel/Harland/Melling/ARP/COMP adjTimChain/3 pieces Pushrods/90/90 LS2 Shaner TB/FAST Tony Mamofied/LG ProSeries/ASP Pulley/BLAKWING & ICEBOX/LUCAS 42#/RPS TWIN CARBON & RPM Stage V
    HPTuner/OLSD

Metallic Red
    1995 Mustang GT

I'm running a trickflow H/C/I on my 95 mustang and I love it. It really woke the car up from the dead. I don't know how it would work on an LS1, but the quality is there and it's a great product, especially for the price. Also, their cams sound really sweet. Just make sure you get a good tune afterwords, as the TFS kits really wake up with a good tune.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler99WS6 View Post
    There are similar packages sold for about half that price. check www.Texas-speed.com I would put up a direct link and go into more detail but they are not a sponsor here. Many guys like the TSP (texas speed performance) products. check the prices on their head and cam packages.

Whats the improvement from putting 5.3 heads on an LS1??? I'm kind of stuck between which head/cam kit to go with. I see TSP has some smokin prices on their 5.3L head/cam combo but why is it so much cheaper? As long as I make about 450hp rwhp I'll be happy. Would the 5.3L combos they have get me there? Also are they a direct bolt on or will I have to do some more modifications?

Thanks

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Texas Speeds PRC heads are cheaper cause they're ported stock castings. Trick Flows are new castings. Check out PRCs LS6 heads too.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by mcarse81 View Post
    Whats the improvement from putting 5.3 heads on an LS1??? I'm kind of stuck between which head/cam kit to go with. I see TSP has some smokin prices on their 5.3L head/cam combo but why is it so much cheaper? As long as I make about 450hp rwhp I'll be happy. Would the 5.3L combos they have get me there? Also are they a direct bolt on or will I have to do some more modifications?
    Thanks
    the 5.3L heads will give you a lower compression ratio. I know of plenty of guys that are running them. I am personally interested in the Ported LS6 heads. Prc ported LS6 heads stg. 2 along with around a 230 duration and a 90/90 combo (FAST intake and throttle body) I would say you would be very close to that 450rwhp you want, if you are m6 you may have a little more hp.
    if A4 and looking for 450 then you may need a little bit bigger cam but you will be darn close with the following set-up i would think.

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Texas Speeds PRC heads are cheaper cause they're ported stock castings. Trick Flows are new castings. Check out PRCs LS6 heads too.
    Very true. Ported LS6 heads are performing very well.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

So do you think Trick Flows 515 HP claim is accurate? What would that be at the rear wheels?

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

I dont know there flow numbers on their heads but if they perform as well as most others I dont see why they would not net you the 515hp, assuming they are talking flywheel hp, you lose about 16% with M6 and 18% with an A4 car. So around 420rwhp with A4 and Around 430rwhp with a M6. Just estimates though. with ported Ls6 heads and around 230 duration cam you could net near the same numbers if not the same maybe even better. Just would cost you half the price of the $3000 package you are looking at from trickflow. If you really like the trickflow then by all means go get the package I was just trying to let you know you dont have to spend that much money, I dont want you to think I am bashing trickflow. They may have good quality. I personally am on a tighter budget then some are so I try to find the best bang for my buck on good gains and quality parts. If I had the cash I would probably go with AFR heads, I would still use a TSP camshaft though.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

What mods do you currently have? I never asked, I guess I assumed you already have all the supportin mods needed to get the best out of a heads and cam package.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

I dont know there flow numbers on their heads but if they perform as well as most others I dont see why they would not net you the 515hp, assuming they are talking flywheel hp, you lose about 16% with M6 and 18% with an A4 car. So around 420rwhp with A4 and Around 430rwhp with a M6. Just estimates though. with ported Ls6 heads and around 230 duration cam you could net near the same numbers if not the same maybe even better. Just would cost you half the price of the $3000 package you are looking at from trickflow. If you really like the trickflow then by all means go get the package I was just trying to let you know you dont have to spend that much money, I dont want you to think I am bashing trickflow. They may have good quality. I personally am on a tighter budget then some are so I try to find the best bang for my buck on good gains and quality parts. If I had the cash I would probably go with AFR heads, I would still use a TSP camshaft though.

No I really appreciate it. Im new to the LS1 and am not sure how much I need to spend to get 500 horses. So far I have an SLP loudmouth 1, SLP lid, SFC's, and MSD wires. I am looking into getting headers and an ory, but just cant make my mind up.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

No I really appreciate it. Im new to the LS1 and am not sure how much I need to spend to get 500 horses. So far I have an SLP loudmouth 1, SLP lid, SFC's, and MSD wires. I am looking into getting headers and an ory, but just cant make my mind up.
    You definitely need the Headers and ory is up to you. I went with an x pipe instead. But no cats along with some longtube headers will allow you car to breathe alot better which in turn will net you a better gain with a head and cam package, honestly headers and ory will probably net you around 25-30rwhp. Like said before check out TSP head and cam packages if you are not dead set on the trick flow. Could save you some serious cash. You could use that cash to pick up a stronger clutch. Or have half of what you need for a 12 bolt rear end. The stock 10 bolt is a crap shoot after you begin to run more serious power. Never know if it will hold up or not. Some guys have better luck than others.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

You definitely need the Headers and ory is up to you. I went with an x pipe instead. But no cats along with some longtube headers will allow you car to breathe alot better which in turn will net you a better gain with a head and cam package, honestly headers and ory will probably net you around 25-30rwhp. Like said before check out TSP head and cam packages if you are not dead set on the trick flow. Could save you some serious cash. You could use that cash to pick up a stronger clutch. Or have half of what you need for a 12 bolt rear end. The stock 10 bolt is a crap shoot after you begin to run more serious power. Never know if it will hold up or not. Some guys have better luck than others.
    Yeah i am definitely going to get some headers I just cant decide on wich ones I want. What headers would you recommend? Also what TSP H/C package is gonna get me the most power along with decent street driveablity?
    Last edited by splitfinger09; 09-08-2007 at 07:38 AM.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Yeah i am definitely going to get some headers I just cant decide on wich ones I want. What headers would you recommend? Also what TSP H/C package is gonna get me the most power along with decent street driveablity?
    I opted for Pacesetter Long tube headers (ceramic coated). They are alot cheaper then some of the others but if you do a search on here you will see that they are a quality part. Some guys will opt to buy a much more expensive stainless steel header (kooks, QTP etc.). I have had my Pacesetters for over year and no rust problems as of yet. Pacesetters are very popular. As far as a Head and cam package keeping drivability in mind. I would say stg. 1 or stg. 2 ported ls6 heads along with any cam that is under 230 duration. I was looking to get the said heads with a TSP 228R cam (228/228 .588/ .588 114lsa) being that you are M6 you could get a 112 LSA and have less tuning issues. 114 LSA is easier to tune and there for alot easier for A4 car like mine. Also you could look into getting a FAST 90mm intake and a 90mm throttle body to go along with your heads and cam swap and would probably see another 30-40rwhp. I seen that you are a 2000 car. You should at least get a LS6 intake. they flow much better than the LS1 intake. I have seen guys pick up anywhere around 10-25rwhp with that alone. But it is similar to having headers it is simply going to get you the best gain out of your setup. Lets the car inhale better and the headers let it exhale better.

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

trick flow kit

i am going with the 515hp kit ill post up numbers after install,trick flow knows their shit.

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

Okay so three years later I think im set on the Trick Flow 515 package. With tools and a garage with good mechanical knowledge, will I be able to install this myself? Also what else will I need to complete the job? Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information