Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Trick Flow head and cam combo

This is a discussion on Trick Flow head and cam combo within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Has anybody gone this route? Trick Flow has a head and cam combo kit, three power ranges. 485hp, 500hp and ...

  1. #1
    1969mach1
    Guest

    Trick Flow head and cam combo

    Has anybody gone this route? Trick Flow has a head and cam combo kit, three power ranges. 485hp, 500hp and 515hp with 460ft-lb, on a stock short block, with 10.5:1 comp., and a LS6 intake.

  2. #2
    D_blaze D_blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    27

    Black
    2000 S-10 Blazer

    Have not gone that way, but I mite want to.
    Hi. My name is Dan and I'm a RWHP addict.

  3. #3
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969mach1 View Post
    Has anybody gone this route? Trick Flow has a head and cam combo kit, three power ranges. 485hp, 500hp and 515hp with 460ft-lb, on a stock short block, with 10.5:1 comp., and a LS6 intake.
    Are you talking about the Trickflow 13 degree heads? These have close valve angles to the LS7 head (12 degrees) and are better than the LS1/LS6 heads that have 15 degrees.

    I have seen a handfull of cars around here using them,,,should be a killer head with those valve angles, I haven't seen flow numbers nor do I know how their cam packages work with it,,,,but it should be very easy to make power with a 13 degree head. They are worth taking a serious look at.

  4. #4
    1969mach1
    Guest
    the package is in the november/december 2007 summit catalog.
    the heads are (tfs-3060t001-c01).
    485hp cam 216*/220*@.050", .560"/.560" lift 114* lsa
    500hp cam 220*/224*@.050", .575"/.575" lift 112* lsa
    515hp cam 228*/230*@.050", .585"/.585" lift 112* lsa
    the package is $3099.95
    Last edited by 1969mach1; 12-22-2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: edit

  5. #5
    1969mach1
    Guest
    From TrickFlow's website:
    "Trick Flow engineers determined the valve angles needed to change from 15 to 13.5 degrees to decrease valve shrouding, increase mid-lift airflow, and improve rocker arm-to-valve cover clearance. Testing also proved that relocating the spark plugs in the combustion chambers further enhanced mid-lift airflow and increased the rigidity of the casting for extreme horsepower applications. Furthermore, additional material was added to the rocker arm mounting points for high-rpm valvetrain stability. These fully CNC-ported performance cylinder heads feature 215cc (LS1), 225cc (LS2), or 235cc (LSX) intake runners, 80cc exhaust runners, 64cc (LS1), 65cc (LS2), or 70cc (LSX) combustion chambers, 2.040 in. (LS1), 2.055 in. (LS2), or 2.080 in. (LSX) intake valves, 1.575 in. (LS1/LS2) or 1.600 in. (LSX) exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, and ductile iron intake and exhaust valve seat inserts. Assembled heads come equipped with 1.300 in. dual valve springs (for hydraulic roller camshafts up to 0.600 in. of valve lift),Viton fluoroelastomer canister-style valve seals, 7 degree machined steel valve locks, and 7 degree titanium retainers."

  6. #6
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    those heads make good power for sure. Just don't forget while you are comparing them side by side to other aftermarket castings like AFRs that you have to buy a new set of aftermarket rockers for the TFS's.

  7. #7
    1969mach1
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    those heads make good power for sure. Just don't forget while you are comparing them side by side to other aftermarket castings like AFRs that you have to buy a new set of aftermarket rockers for the TFS's.


    So, the set of Harland Sharp 1.8 rocker will not work ?????

  8. #8
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969mach1 View Post
    So, the set of Harland Sharp 1.8 rocker will not work ?????
    Usually when the valve angles change like the Trickflows,,,rocker arms for that application are necessary and possibly custom length pushrods.

  9. #9
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969mach1 View Post
    From TrickFlow's website:
    "Trick Flow engineers determined the valve angles needed to change from 15 to 13.5 degrees to decrease valve shrouding, increase mid-lift airflow, and improve rocker arm-to-valve cover clearance. Testing also proved that relocating the spark plugs in the combustion chambers further enhanced mid-lift airflow and increased the rigidity of the casting for extreme horsepower applications. Furthermore, additional material was added to the rocker arm mounting points for high-rpm valvetrain stability. These fully CNC-ported performance cylinder heads feature 215cc (LS1), 225cc (LS2), or 235cc (LSX) intake runners, 80cc exhaust runners, 64cc (LS1), 65cc (LS2), or 70cc (LSX) combustion chambers, 2.040 in. (LS1), 2.055 in. (LS2), or 2.080 in. (LSX) intake valves, 1.575 in. (LS1/LS2) or 1.600 in. (LSX) exhaust valves, bronze valve guides, and ductile iron intake and exhaust valve seat inserts. Assembled heads come equipped with 1.300 in. dual valve springs (for hydraulic roller camshafts up to 0.600 in. of valve lift),Viton fluoroelastomer canister-style valve seals, 7 degree machined steel valve locks, and 7 degree titanium retainers."
    Thats exactly what GM found with the LS7 heads,,,,which are 12 degree heads. It's amazing what valve angles will do.
    Which is why these LS1's run so great out of the box, with 15 degree heads,,,,much better than the old school 24 degree heads small blocks had since 1955. Thats the secret to the LS1's power.

    The AFR's retain the stock LS1 15 degree angles, but they flow impressive, would be cool to compare Trickflow 13 degree heads to AFR's 15 degree setup. It would seem without looking at data that Trickflow already should have a slight advantage.

  10. #10
    1969mach1
    Guest
    will the LS7 heads bolt on a LS1?

  11. #11
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969mach1 View Post
    will the LS7 heads bolt on a LS1?
    I am thinking no. I believe the bore is too small on the LS1 and it would require at least a 4.00 inch bore or larger.

  12. #12
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    THAT head and cam kit comes with harland rockers all 4 3k

  13. #13
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    summit racing has the kit 4 3k check it out

  14. #14
    1969mach1
    Guest
    the summit racing kit comes with the trickflow heads, cam, head bolts, and gaskets... i dont think it comes with rockers... i stated that i already have harland sharp rocker and wanted to know if they will work with the trickflow heads... you would think if the heads requiered a different set of rockers and different lenght push rods that they would include then in the combo...

  15. #15
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    i dont know which summit book you have but it does include rockers and chromemoly pushrods,i am looking into it myself

  16. #16
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Linky?

  17. #17
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    The main listings says it includes rocker arms, but the parts listing for the same item says it does not include the rocker arms. I would give them a call because the price seems kind of low to be including rocker arms.

  18. #18
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    i want to get this setup for my ta but dont have the cash and the print catalog has rocker arms listed but the net dos not but i still want this set trick flow dos what they say unlike slp at least most of the time

  19. #19
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    i want to get this setup for my ta but dont have the cash and the print catalog has rocker arms listed but the net dos not but i still want this set trick flow dos what they say unlike slp at least most of the time
    how about a (.) or a (,)

    Ha, just kidding!

    Yeah, I want this kit too. I am gonna call em and see what's up.

  20. #20
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    let me know what they say i was going to call but the tec line is closed.... is that beter hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Trick flow head/cam performance kit
    By Whamhammer in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 03:37 AM
  2. Trick Flow Head/Cam Package??
    By splitfinger09 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. Trick Flow to introduce new LT1 head
    By JaycenK in forum LT1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 02:24 PM
  4. trick flow head&cam package?
    By mite53 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:20 PM
  5. trick flow heads and cam combo
    By 1986camarojoe in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 03:07 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •