torquer v2 cam

This is a discussion on torquer v2 cam within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Can you run a torquer v2 cam on stock heads with the supporting mods? I have a 2002 ss a4. ...

red
    2002 camaro ss

torquer v2 cam

Can you run a torquer v2 cam on stock heads with the supporting mods? I have a 2002 ss a4. I know that i need a stall so what size should i look at? I am also gonna buy some longtubes as well... or anyother cams out there that would work better... I'm looking at trying to to a cam only setup
    Last edited by redLss1; 07-08-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

yes the torquer v2 will work with stock heads with supporting mods like springs and lifters. as far as the stall i would stay around the 3500 range but nothing really higher than that.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Svt killa View Post
    yes the torquer v2 will work with stock heads with supporting mods like springs and lifters. as far as the stall i would stay around the 3500 range but nothing really higher than that.
    dont forget pushrods

2000 Camaro B4C

i just installed my Torquer V2 as my cam only DD, i would highly recommend a cam package to suite the needs of the car
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

red
    2002 camaro ss

well i want to have this car as a daily driver thats got some kick to it and sounds really nice at a stoplight. the whole setup would be ls2 timing chain, ls6 ported oil pump, camshaft and gasket kit...what else would i need? of course pushrods, springs, and lifters would be includes since i can get that in the cam package...anything else i might need to look at? maybe a different exhause bc i have slp dual dual that came on it. it is an slp ss... the longtube and y pipe will the hook up with that or would i need to get a different one or dump it?
    Last edited by redLss1; 07-09-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by redLss1 View Post
    well i want to have this car as a daily driver thats got some kick to it and sounds really nice at a stoplight. the whole setup would be ls2 timing chain, ls6 ported oil pump, camshaft and gasket kit...what else would i need? of course pushrods, springs, and lifters would be includes since i can get that in the cam package...anything else i might need to look at? maybe a different exhause bc i have slp dual dual that came on it. it is an slp ss... the longtube and y pipe will the hook up with that or would i need to get a different one or dump it?
    You need to pull the heads to change the lifters, how many miles on the car? Also you will need an aftermarket y pipe or have one custom made to fit (personally I'd go with the latter of the 2).

Thread Information