Thread: torquer v 2 cam

silver
    2002 ss camaro

torquer v 2 cam

alright guys,, i m going with the torquer v 2 cam with 112 lsa on my ls1 m6. right now i have stock everything but i do have some pacesetter lt's with custom exhaust work. i need some help with the other parts like which oil pump should i get , timing chain, valves, springs, pushrods? also i think im going to go with the fast 92 92 setup,, do i need to do injectors as well

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I've asked a few questions about this and I'm thinking about going with the same cam for my car and for oil pump I'm going with the melling 10295, I think that's the number, or you could go with a ported ls6 oil pump too. A ls2 timing chain will do good and for pushrods I have trickflow hardened pushrods. As for springs I'm not sure which ones I'm going with yet. And I don't think you have to do valves? And yea you'll wanna do injectors as well and I think its ford red tops 42's? Hi-po will give the correct name for the injectors in a bit here

silver
    2002 ss camaro

do you think double springs will be good, and tit. retainers? the lift on that cam is like .596 i think so which rods should you go with? Also im staying with my stock heads for now, maybe some bigger ones later, so will everything be okay there

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by silver35thss View Post
    do you think double springs will be good, and tit. retainers? the lift on that cam is like .596 i think so which rods should you go with? Also im staying with my stock heads for now, maybe some bigger ones later, so will everything be okay there
    You can do beehive single springs like comp 918s and be fine to .600" lift, and much less expensive than double springs.

Titanium retainers are nice, but very expensive for little performance gain. Overkill IMO for that cam. Others may disagree on this.

Any hardened pushrods will be fine. A ported Ls6 pump works great.

You will be approaching the limits of stock injectors, so not a bad idea to upgrade, but also may not be absolutely necessary.

Good luck on the build!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

alright guys,, i m going with the torquer v 2 cam with 112 lsa on my ls1 m6. right now i have stock everything but i do have some pacesetter lt's with custom exhaust work. i need some help with the other parts like which oil pump should i get , timing chain, valves, springs, pushrods? also i think im going to go with the fast 92 92 setup,, do i need to do injectors as well
    Timing chain - LS2. Gear set should be fine. Inspect for any major wear.

Stock valves unless your doing head work.

Springs - 26918 COMP's or PAC

Oil pump - ported LS6 or Melling

The COMP pushrods are a nice piece.

If you can swing it, any valve train lightening is always beneficial to smooth power and cutting early valve float. Not required though with what your going after IMO.

Fuel injectors - I run the Ford Green Tops. They are 42# at 43.5 rail pressure. 36# will work fine.

Use these websites to find out what injector size is needed for your power applications. http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.co...widercalc.html
    http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx#...ressure_Change

If you can afford it, get that FAST ported. It will make a nice power increase. It can be done yourself if you have a little know-how. I can PM you a link to porting it yourself. It might help.
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 01-30-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z28

i agree with this. although i disagree on the injector issue. im runnin the v2 with full bolt ons and wasnt anywhere near close to maxing out the injectors. mines an 02'. I ran comp 918s as well. Been runnin like this for a year now, beating the hell outta that car with no issues whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSS1 View Post
    You can do beehive single springs like comp 918s and be fine to .600" lift, and much less expensive than double springs.

Titanium retainers are nice, but very expensive for little performance gain. Overkill IMO for that cam. Others may disagree on this.

Any hardened pushrods will be fine. A ported Ls6 pump works great.

You will be approaching the limits of stock injectors, so not a bad idea to upgrade, but also may not be absolutely necessary.

Good luck on the build!

Pewter
    99 Z28 A4

I wouldn't take any chances with comp 918 springs. Even the revised springs are breaking on cars and ruining motors. Dual springs here with my tv2 cam.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by shortdog View Post
    I wouldn't take any chances with comp 918 springs. Even the revised springs are breaking on cars and ruining motors. Dual springs here with my tv2 cam.
    Good to .625 lift now and been running them 6,800 rpms just fine. Haven't heard of one person breaking them since they changed them.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blown03mustang View Post
    i agree with this. although i disagree on the injector issue. im runnin the v2 with full bolt ons and wasnt anywhere near close to maxing out the injectors. mines an 02'. I ran comp 918s as well. Been runnin like this for a year now, beating the hell outta that car with no issues whatsoever
    what was your duty cycle? The 02's have 28's but still I don't see how a T2 wouldn't be very very close to maxing those. At least close enough that it shouldn't be in the "wasn't anywhere near" category.

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Good to .625 lift now and been running them 6,800 rpms just fine. Haven't heard of one person breaking them since they changed them.
    yeah i went with the 918's and i also have never heard of anyone breaking them. Im running the torquer 2 as well
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

red
    2000TA

check TSP for a cam kit.$600-$700 for cam,springs,push rods.$90 for a good timing chain. PAC 1518 springs will work,tit retainers are over kill.LS6 intake and a BBK 85 mm combo will make 5-10 hp less than the fast 92mm combo.the fast combo is grate if you go to bigger cube motor later.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

I have the dual springs for my 224 cam and suggest you get those also along with the titanium retainers (overkill but i also have them),
    http://www.speedinc.com/catagory.cfm...in%20/%20Heads
    Patriot Dual 'Gold' Xtreme Springs
    Same great quality as the Original Patriot Gold springs. Max lift .660", seat pressure 155 lbs., 410 lbs. open @ height of 1.140". Set up for a drop-in application, no machining required. Will work with aggressive LSK lobe camshafts, includes titanium retainers, Super 7 Locks, machined bases, and viton seals. Recommended installed height 1.800".
    Also get a ported ls6 oil pump and a ls2 timing chain
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

i have the same cam and got the kit from tsp but hit up ky speed and he may get you a better deal. i got the duel springs just to make sure with the ti parts as well and a hole new timing set from them that was like $80 or so. ported ls6 oil pump works good and with thet set up you shoud be good with stock injectors. i would look at a ud pully as it will be off any way.

Thread Information