Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

too many miles for a cam?

This is a discussion on too many miles for a cam? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 Nope, back then I had my 69 Nova and showed them all tail lights so I ...

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Nope, back then I had my 69 Nova and showed them all tail lights so I could care less about "back when". I DGAF if a 79pinto was faster than a 82 chevette, or a 5.0 faster than a 305 Camaro. Who's doing what now? I'm not a Ford basher and my post was in jest which should have been obvious with the little nutkick thing and was just rattling your chain, so you can take your attitude and shove it somewhere, like -->.

Reguardless I know of more than just a "few" LS1's, being part of many LS based forums as well as several car clubs, meets, and wrenching on cars on the side so I personally know many LS1 powered vehicles, and like I and someone else in this very thread posted it is an overrated problem or else there would be many posted on here, LS1tech etc, or several others.

I can understand if you are mad/embarassed at your problem, I probably would too but YOU were the one who implied that the LS1 was a slap monster with the "gay-ass piston slap" comment. You don't personally know of "soooooooooo many" you know of one yours so the correct answer would have been "your LS1" has the gay ass piston slap. So if you want to get butthurt over a logical response in jest to your illogical post then thats you, personally I say put your big girl panties on and truck on.

Looks to me you are the one who got "your chain rattled". I dont see why you are so pissed really.
    Dude you obviously have issues. It will be ok lil buddy I promise! Things are gonna be ok. Count to 10-remember your breathing-take deep breaths.
    Funny how I just got my car out of a shop that works on f-bodies everyday (they had 9 in their shop when I was there) and I asked the owner/head mechanic about piston slap-he said this. Its hard to find a LS1 that doesnt have some sort of slap. Most of them have it. It doesnt SEEM to affect anything though. As far as name calling, I am not going to get into it with you dude. Grow up.

One other thing-who gives a damn about your 69 terd? I am obviously talking about the 80's as a comment back to someone who says Ford never made a faster production car then Chevy in the same year. That statement you made about "your 69 blah blah blah shows them all tail lights" shows your mentality.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 08-03-2007 at 11:50 AM.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

we all need a beer... or 20

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I think its funny. I mean some people freak out if they think you are downing Chevy.
    Hahahahahah.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    dude you DONT need to rebuild your motor! as long as you change the oil frequently and use your head, you will be fine, i say do the cam swap, but as you pointed out you have 80k so if i was you i would replace the pump the chain and pushrods and springs all with high performance parts, your motor is fine, NOW for your rearend and trans that could be a different story after the new mods lol.
    I already planned on getting chromoly hardened pushrods, Ported LS-6 oil pump, and LS2 timing chain along with some PRC dual springs etc.. and a 3200-3600 stall with tranny cooler. as of right now i think if I only do a cam (TSP228R) that I would be ok as far as tranny and rearend go. Now if I do heads along with the cam I would have to seriously consider beefing up the tranny and maybe a 12 bolt. Stock tranny is said to be made to handle around 400 hp so I am hoping it would hold true but I guess you never know. I know quite a few guys running the TR 224 cam on stock tranny and rear end. TSP 228R should only be good for an extra 10-15 hp. We will see how it goes soon.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information