Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

time to play with my ls1

This is a discussion on time to play with my ls1 within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; if i do happen to go with the lq9 block what should i do to it???? what head/cam setup should ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    6

    stone gray
    2002 trans am ws6

    if i do happen to go with the lq9 block what should i do to it???? what head/cam setup should i go with???? and what intake???

  2. #22
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    I hope you have considered upgrading the rear end on all this. I'd start there first.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    I hope you have considered upgrading the rear end on all this. I'd start there first.
    I hope soo too you cant add 250whp in most cars and not expect to replace some of the drivetrain parts if not all lol. But the 10 bolt would hold out for a while as long as you didnt do any hard launches on it. Just do roll races lol

  4. #24
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    Yeah, you picked up on that too huh?...lol. It happens quite a bit. Guys will dump a fortune into the engine and do nothing to the rear end or tranny.

  5. #25
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Yeah, you picked up on that too huh?...lol. It happens quite a bit. Guys will dump a fortune into the engine and do nothing to the rear end or tranny.
    Just the opposite here.
    It's on jackstands.

  6. #26
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    402/408 builds average right around 475-500RWHP. But they will normally beat a stock cubed car running that same power level.

    I have only heard of ONE 402-408 making 600RWHP on just motor, and it was an extreme build with an M6. It wasn't streetable.



    My suggestion....do a LOT of research. Determine a budget, and go from there.
    Dyno numbers should NEVER be the final goal. Having a car that runs properly, drives good, and comes close (or beats) an ET goal is key.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

    1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just the opposite here.

    It makes sense, with a built drivetrain and bolt ons you can still pull off low to mid 12s. With a built engine and stock drive train with gears and drag radials you will run faster for 2 to 3 passes lol.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    402/408 builds average right around 475-500RWHP. But they will normally beat a stock cubed car running that same power level.

    I have only heard of ONE 402-408 making 600RWHP on just motor, and it was an extreme build with an M6. It wasn't streetable.



    My suggestion....do a LOT of research. Determine a budget, and go from there.
    Dyno numbers should NEVER be the final goal. Having a car that runs properly, drives good, and comes close (or beats) an ET goal is key.
    Is your t56 stock?

  9. #29
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Is your t56 stock?
    For now.
    Probably the weak point of the car right now. Haven't raced in a while, hoping it holds up for a few more seasons.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    For now.
    Probably the weak point of the car right now. Haven't raced in a while, hoping it holds up for a few more seasons.
    Yeah it seems t-56 durability is a shot in the dark. I have seen 03/04 cobras with 550-600whp have there hold out for quite a few track passes and tens of thousands of street miles with just an upgraded clutch and then i have had 2 friends with bolt on z28s have grinding issues after 50kmiles. My t-56 was stock when i sold the my car, 430whp and a 100shot on top of that but i never launched with the 100 shot and it was still shifting great.

  11. #31
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yeah it seems t-56 durability is a shot in the dark. I have seen 03/04 cobras with 550-600whp have there hold out for quite a few track passes and tens of thousands of street miles with just an upgraded clutch and then i have had 2 friends with bolt on z28s have grinding issues after 50kmiles. My t-56 was stock when i sold the my car, 430whp and a 100shot on top of that but i never launched with the 100 shot and it was still shifting great.
    I broke my 3-4 keys in my T56 at 15,000 miles. Car now has 15,700 miles on the new T56 upgrade..

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I broke my 3-4 keys in my T56 at 15,000 miles. Car now has 15,700 miles on the new T56 upgrade..
    Thats shitty, my 10 bolt was a little loud when i sold the car but it was stock and had 4.10s. I did have drag radials on the car for a little while and made probably 10-20 launches on the street. My drivetrain held up pretty good for what i put it through.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-15-2009 at 10:50 AM.

  13. #33
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Stock T56....



  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Stock T56....


    Ill have to watch when i get home.

  15. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    6

    stone gray
    2002 trans am ws6

    thanks for all the input guys but now after two months of my car being broken they found i need a new engine any recomendations

  16. #36
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    I had the same thoughts when it came to getting to 600ish hp by using NOS. My experience w.it is limited, but I'm sure if your going to dumping 150+ shot often, your internals may not like it too much.
    Ha, I know this isnt the norm, but we ran 150 shot on my brother's stock internals 98 T/A Many many times and the car still runs fine... 151,000 miles and still going strong. I swear we have sprayed it at least 200-300 times over the years.

  17. #37
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by amrico03 View Post
    thanks for all the input guys but now after two months of my car being broken they found i need a new engine any recomendations
    ls-6, ls-2, ls-3, ls-2 stroked to 402 from texas speed. Talk to nick at newtech performance or rick at synergy and see if they can put a motor in for you under whatever warranty you have.

  18. #38
    Member NorthwoodDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    524

    Black
    1999 Trans-Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Stock T56....


    I watch that over and over lol

    luos why do swap out the 411s for some 456 and get a pic of the wheels floating?

  19. #39
    Member NorthwoodDavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    524

    Black
    1999 Trans-Am

    or...will you be in 5gear by then...?

  20. #40
    Senior Member Z28_Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,017

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Stock T56....


    Awesome car! I love it when the front wheels lift.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Time to play
    By ESBdieselcam in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 06:10 AM
  2. Time to play in the stock market. I know nothing!
    By MagicMan in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-16-2006, 09:39 PM
  4. time to play name that noise
    By ls1srule in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 03:31 PM
  5. PLAY TIME! 95z, 02ss & the ws.666
    By third_shift|studios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 03:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •