Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Third Gen Muscle ?

This is a discussion on Third Gen Muscle ? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Are the heads on it? In all seriousness, with a 350 rotating assembly or some form of aftermarket balancer, all ...

Are the heads on it?

In all seriousness, with a 350 rotating assembly or some form of aftermarket balancer, all bets are off.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

when it dusts your 350, but you want to know before..

Black
    '05 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Are the heads on it?

In all seriousness, with a 350 rotating assembly or some form of aftermarket balancer, all bets are off.
    Mr. Jones yes the heads are on it, and this "cheater engine" would also have a factory 350 balancer, So might I ask again how would you tell without casting numbers?

Black
    '05 GTO

Just trying to tell some old tricks we use to do. share some stories, and keep guys from getting fucked. Yeah odds are no one on hear will get hustled by a cheater block, I think I could talk MOST guys now adays into believing I work as a wal mart door greater, and tell them I am racing my brother in laws car and it has a 283 in it he he. But I think its a pretty classic tale! No need for a debate. See if I ever tell a secret again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay37 View Post
    Mr. Jones yes the heads are on it, and this "cheater engine" would also have a factory 350 balancer, So might I ask again how would you tell without casting numbers?
    Why are you asking again, I already answered your question

You do realize this can be done with any engine, whether chrysler, ford, pontiac etc...so I'm guessing this cheater term as you refer to is another way of saying sleeper?
    Nowadays you can have close to 600 cubes and appear completely stock on the outside. It's no secret. As a matter of fact they have a racing class just for this, it's called F.A.S.T.

Black
    '05 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Jay37 View Post
    OP ... It might even has a 400ci in it? Who knows what the hell someone did with it in the past 25 years?
    I'm saying it's possible, thats all. Alot of people seem to think theres no way to miss one, sometimes if, who knows what has happened, a 400 might get missed.

Black
    '05 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Why are you asking again, I already answered your question

You do realize this can be done with any engine, whether chrysler, ford, pontiac etc...so I'm guessing this cheater term as you refer to is another way of saying sleeper?
    Nowadays you can have close to 600 cubes and appear completely stock on the outside. It's no secret. As a matter of fact they have a racing class just for this, it's called F.A.S.T.
    I can't seem to find your answer, on the 377 with a 350 balancer.

Cheater block- aka 509 400 casting. Is called so, because in stock car racing 95% of the field is sbc350s and if you ran a 400 block, which would be illegal in that class. You might get away with it, with a 509 casting, if you did get away with it. You were a cheater, hence the term "cheater block". Most old school dirt track guys know it. And yes it is a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Jay37; 12-29-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information