Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thinking About A 408 Stroker 8:5:1CR Ideas?

This is a discussion on Thinking About A 408 Stroker 8:5:1CR Ideas? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD LOL niice brotha's frum another motha!!! haha what all do you have done to your baby.......

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

Quote Originally Posted by NeeD4SpeeD View Post
    LOL niice brotha's frum another motha!!!
    haha what all do you have done to your baby....

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

I see on your profile you have done alot to that stock block... why the 408 if i may ask?

Collectors Edition Yellow
    2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Those injectors will be maxed out around around 550rwhp with meth and a supercharger on an M6. Way too small for the potential of that engine. 60s can make over 800rwhp with meth. There would be no reason to start with less than 14-15 psi on an engine like that, which will be close to maxing that blower out, especially with AFR heads. You will need to scrap your stock fuel system. Will need two pumps if using the affordable Walbros, second one on under boost only, new feed line, front -mounted boost-referenced fuel pressure reg, and a real return line (I like to reuse the stock feed for this), and the meth is a must for longevity. Don't worry, a $28 dollar 5-gallon can of methanol will sometimes last me 6 months!

You should do all of your research and have (and stick to) a solid plan before you spend any money at all if you want to get the most for your dime. A setup like you are describing can make over 700rwhp with pump gas and meth.
    Awesome advice thanks alot man.... Helps alot in my quest for a stoker!!! Will 60# injectors be too much for my motor if lets say i just stroke it and throw the afr 225 on cuz i will be sitting around 530 lets say? Also should the injectors be high impedance and flow matched and which are a good set? I've spend most of my time factoring 42# injectors in that i never really researched the 60# cuz i didnt think i would need em yet...

I guess if i wanted to get crazy and go to 16-18psi i could always switch to the 235 ETP heads but i think that 700RWHP is more then enuff to bring me into the 9s and be good on the street im not looking to set world records lol

What would you add the meth to your gas or intercooler cuz i know they make chemical intercoolers for the blowers to help keep everything alot cooler?

My plan basically is for this may to get the stroker, the afr 225, the exo skel textralia clutch, and the 60# injectors and mayb the new MT ET steeet 315/35/17 and we'll see what else i need for there but to start building anything else up first will just cost more money i believe then if i just went this route first....

Once again tanks for you responses and help i feel very enlightened and am going to have a victory beer at 1pm and enlighten myself more

Quote Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever View Post
    I see on your profile you have done alot to that stock block... why the 408 if i may ask?
    I NEED MORE POWER and i espically i want more TQ so a 408 should produce that with no problem.... Im my sig i put basically the big power adders i didnt list the fuel or water pump little minor stuff like that...

But yea the 408 is just for the TQ and i just like the displacement increase for whatever else i decide to throw at it in the future..
    Bulletproof Performance
    2002 Trans AM WS6 M6 Collectors Edition
    LSX 427 F-1R Procharged Build Underway
    Estimated Finish Date: Summer 2012-2013

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

I NEED MORE POWER and i espically i want more TQ so a 408 should produce that with no problem.... Im my sig i put basically the big power adders i didnt list the fuel or water pump little minor stuff like that...

But yea the 408 is just for the TQ and i just like the displacement increase for whatever else i decide to throw at it in the future..
    Very True i love the big numbers I put out.... with my 408....

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

I dunno mayb i got my info wrong i heard the closer you get to 11.5 should lean toward race fuel to avoid detonation.... I guess i learned wrong
    sounds like old small-block mindset when you ran basically 1 advance and had (likely) cast iron heads. Because of things like cam overlap and work on timing tables, 11.5:1 can nearly always be made pump-friendly.

sounds like old small-block mindset when you ran basically 1 advance and had (likely) cast iron heads. Because of things like cam overlap and work on timing tables, 11.5:1 can nearly always be made pump-friendly.
    Your right i grew up on small block muscle cars lol your not like camping out in my house are u..... lol

But thats good to know i like being corrected when im mis informed cuz then i dont sound like an idiot when im talking to someone.....

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

He speaks the truth...

Very True i love the big numbers I put out.... with my 408....
    I know big numbers are sexxi!!!!... Now if i could just get the car to blow clothes off women then well be good to go lol

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

I know big numbers are sexxi!!!!... Now if i could just get the car to blow clothes off women then well be good to go lol
    o hell yes..lol.. but that is what that sexy car is suppose to do, is get them in and drop their cloths...

i WISH i could reasonably run high compression with a power adder but i'll suck it up with the low compression till i get the blower next summer... I guess i could advance to 9.5:1 like i believe someone mentioned earlier.... Instead of the AFRs @ 72cc i could mill down to 62.5 or 62cc to bump the CR up (or do i have it backwards) well anyway i guess that could be done to advance the CR alil and add a few more ponies..

o hell yes..lol.. but that is what that sexy car is suppose to do, is get them in and drop their cloths...
    again i like where your heads at!!! For me... theres an accute amount of room inside so i get them to strip down and help me shine the hood lol

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

again i like where your heads at!!! For me... theres an accute amount of room inside so i get them to strip down and help me shine the hood lol
    lol you crack me up...

lol you crack me up...
    thank you

PROBLEM: I just called my shop and they said " that a 408 wouldnt be able to fit into an ls1 block because of sidewall thickness issues and the highest they could go is 383" is this true? They said short of engine skirts or re sleeving the block (which would be retartedly expensive) i would have to buy either an LS7 block or the LSX block in order to accomplish the 408 that i wanted.... This seems alittle much to me but i thought i would ask you guys....

99Ls1fever you have a 408 is that on your stock block LS1 or did you replace the block? If not how does it hold up to drag racing and DD and is it relyable?

This comes to news to me but i need to comfirm or deny these claims....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

So i could get a 408 stroker low CR 8:5:1 (So it could supercharge it later on) for about $3700 now i guess pair that up with the afr 225cc $2500 , port match it to my intake and i think i'll be good to go...

Now what other mods should i consider with a stroker? I know the stroker with heavily increase my torque which is exactly what i want and a 408 is a monster and the highest CU IN i could go before crossing into High CR and having to run race gas or alcohol....

Any thoughts at all on a stroker motor... Benefits... disadvantages... problems...gains.... all would be appreciated thanks!!!!
    Cam02ss has a 408 for sale... he has run 10's on it... he hasn't got a good launch on it for what he said...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

PROBLEM: I just called my shop and they said " that a 408 wouldnt be able to fit into an ls1 block because of sidewall thickness issues and the highest they could go is 383" is this true? They said short of engine skirts or re sleeving the block (which would be retartedly expensive) i would have to buy either an LS7 block or the LSX block in order to accomplish the 408 that i wanted.... This seems alittle much to me but i thought i would ask you guys....

99Ls1fever you have a 408 is that on your stock block LS1 or did you replace the block? If not how does it hold up to drag racing and DD and is it relyable?

LQ9 block makes 408.

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

not if you go second gen ls1 block which is also the LQ9 ....

black
    99 hard top

i have a 383 stroker, and l love it, plenty of power...... but then i have the 12 bolt rear end to go with it, with some 411's, flp long tubes, and complete suspension, 315 drag radials.. thats plenty for me

Artic White
    1999 Z28 408 Stroker M6

PROBLEM:

I have a second generation LS1 block/ LQ9 block which is a 408 from Texas Speed Performance. It is the shit for racing or daily driving in my opnion...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information