Results 1 to 12 of 12

TFS steam holes?

This is a discussion on TFS steam holes? within the Internal Engine forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; dose the trick flow 220 cast head have steam holes?I would like to use my ls1 coolant lines....

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    TFS steam holes?

    dose the trick flow 220 cast head have steam holes?I would like to use my ls1 coolant lines.

  2. #2
    Member squirlnutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    107

    white
    2000 trans am

    Have you contacted TSP? They sell TickFlow

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    do they sell the fast as cast 220cc?I see they sell cnc TFS heads,a little out of my price range.

  4. #4
    Member squirlnutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    107

    white
    2000 trans am

    Just hung up with them. They also sell as cast, but will call me back on price!
    Great customer service!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    thanks for all the help and input.I have #241 and was putting better springs on that I got from TSP,but I found a valve leak on#7 intake.I figure $250 for a proper valve job.I hate to dump $250 in to these heads when I can get #243 for $650 more.Then I started to want more power and feel the trick flow head is a deal for price and power.I am looking for people to talk me into spending the extra money for a grate head.

  6. #6
    Member squirlnutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    107

    white
    2000 trans am

    LS7 heads are 12degree heads with are why they flow so well. They have alot of velocity. The better they flow, the bigger valve you can put in it.
    Stock heads are 15degree heads.
    TrickFlow are 13.5degree. They cost as much, or less, as any other after market head, and will flow better after CNC.
    I cant afford any of it.
    Last edited by squirlnutz; 03-20-2010 at 11:28 AM.

  7. #7
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    thanks for all the help and input.I have #241 and was putting better springs on that I got from TSP,but I found a valve leak on#7 intake.I figure $250 for a proper valve job.I hate to dump $250 in to these heads when I can get #243 for $650 more.Then I started to want more power and feel the trick flow head is a deal for price and power.I am looking for people to talk me into spending the extra money for a grate head.
    do it...etp, afr, tfs are all great heads..and if you are going to spend a grand on heads...why not spend 500-700 more and get one of the best heads available in cathedral port

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    just taking my time ,considering all my options,looking for the lowest price on the TFS 220 head.thanks for all the grate input.I will call TSP soon and find how much ,I'm pretty sure they will have the lowest price for this head.

  9. #9
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    just taking my time ,considering all my options,looking for the lowest price on the TFS 220 head.thanks for all the grate input.I will call TSP soon and find how much ,I'm pretty sure they will have the lowest price for this head.
    what engine are you running ?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    a 2000 346 with 10,000 miles.I am taking the heads off this weekend ,lots of work.I am thinking for all the effort to swap heads I better do it right and make the most of this opportunity.I guess I will have to sell more sperm to the sperm bank.

  11. #11
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by garygnu65 View Post
    a 2000 346 with 10,000 miles.I am taking the heads off this weekend ,lots of work.I am thinking for all the effort to swap heads I better do it right and make the most of this opportunity.I guess I will have to sell more sperm to the sperm bank.
    well i think those tfs heads will be too much(tf225). the tfs 215s at most i would think would be good for your app...however i am starting to lean towards the afr 205s..as they flow great numbers..almost as well as the 215+ ..so they are very effcient and have very great flow velocity ..but they run stock 15 degree valve angle ......one thing i really like about the tfs and etp heads and their lower valve angle

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    coon rapids, MN
    Age
    52
    Posts
    404

    red
    2000TA

    I was only looking at the 220cc fast as cast,10 hp less than the tfs 215 cnc.I would like to run the AFR ,too much money.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2 A-holes = negative results
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 09:04 AM
  2. Some ppl are just A-holes
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-10-2013, 01:46 PM
  3. Question: firewall holes..
    By 98maro in forum General Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
  4. Camaro guys are A*holes
    By OreoLt1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 12:07 PM
  5. why are some SRT anything drivers a$$holes...
    By cartert75 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 07:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •