GMaugie45

SuperCharged 383 Stroker?

I know i have to have a supercharger or turbo and im gonna probably put a supercharger on but what would be the best for that setup 383 stroker ls1 with supercharger

Pewter
    all bore 370 Trans Am

wait a few weeks for ed to get his done. There are also a few people over on Tech that have it done.

Rhino21149
    Quote Originally Posted by GMaugie45
    I know i have to have a supercharger or turbo and im gonna probably put a supercharger on but what would be the best for that setup 383 stroker ls1 with supercharger
    A 383 is not so large that you couldn';t consider a Magnusen set up-- you need a n ew hood to clear it (but it looks pretty mean, a plus in my book) and it gives you more low end grunt than a centrifugal unit or turbos.

It you go with a centrifugal unit you should probably get a D1SC by Procharger, the P unit will be too limited.

I don't know anything about turbos--I've stayed away from them because I never liked turbo lag and I like having headers on my car - the sound, etc.

I had a Magnusen on a stock block for a while and have a D1SC on a 427 now and they were both very good units.

Quote Originally Posted by GMaugie45
    what is the question: did you mean which one would be better for a 383 either a turbo or a supercharger? if not what did you mean?

Thread Information