RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

suggestions needed for mods...

Hey guys I've got a 1998 SS, so far I have long tube SLP Headers, SLP highflow cats, Borla exhaust, GM performance Gen 3 cam 219/228, Tune, smooth bellow, lid, and k&n. I had her on a dyno before the cam was in and it was 323 rwhp. Any ideas on where I might be with the cam and tune? I want to get it to 400 rwhp. I want to do it without a charger as well. I'm thinking my next move will be AFR 205cc heads and a fast intake. Where do you think this would put me ? Any suggestions on mods for me to get to 400 rwhp. Thanks

Black
    1999 Z28 Camaro

Good call on the AFR heads I've heard really good things, however I really wouldn't go with a F.A.S.T. intake, to me at least it was too much money I did spend on their 90mm TB and picked up an LS2 intake manifold for $700 cheaper than F.A.S.T.'s 90mm intake. But if you have plans for supercharging or nitrous a F.A.S.T. may be the way to go.

RED
    1998 Camaro SS Vert

yeah the intake is pretty expensive, it's about 800.00 bucks. Heads are sorta expensive too at about 2400.00 I've also been looking into patriot heads. does anyone have any suggestions on them ?

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You said you have a 98 as well, one thing, the heads on 98's are perimeter bolt not center bolt. I believe you can move up to the 99+ centerbolt style, do some research. As far as I know stage II patriots for 98's are $1000. I laid down 490 rwhp all motor no spray or blower.
    98 WS6 M6 ASC #2647
    Forged Custom 408 w/Vortec YSi

Quote Originally Posted by Redphoenix1998
    You said you have a 98 as well, one thing, the heads on 98's are perimeter bolt not center bolt. I believe you can move up to the 99+ centerbolt style, do some research. As far as I know stage II patriots for 98's are $1000. I laid down 490 rwhp all motor no spray or blower.
    Hey don't want to be nosey, but I have a similar cam to yours, actually just a tad more agressive. I can't remember what it is and the shop my car is at right now has the cam card. But I'm adding heads, long tubes, ory... well a bunch of stuff from my starting point of 346 rwhp and 325?? torque.

I was just wondering if you felt like listing all the mods you've done and which ones. I'd like to be around your numbers at the rear wheels but i think it may take a Fast 90mm and TB, water pump, and flywheel. I'll know how much further I have to go this week. took 3 weeks to get the heads in and I miss my car, I want some play time already and my numbers after the tune

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

so you want all my mods Ok, give me a few ok seriously, I'm listing them, just give me some time

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

02 LS6 engine custom blueprinted, balanced, shotpeened by Billings Chevy. Put down 435 rwhp before my H/C. JPR Stage II heads manley 2.02 intake, 1.575 exhaust valves. Comp R lifters, MTI chromoly pushrods, Harland Sharp 1.7 shaft mount rockers, Pacesetter LT headers w/ORY no cats. QTP electric cutout. March underdrive pulley. A/C Delete/ LS6 manifold w/ EGR and AIR delete. MMS ported 78 mm TB. Sotck MAF with Granatelli MAF ends. Whisper Lid, custom tune TR230 Cam 230/224 .575/.565 110 LSA. Spohn solid Motor mounts

Hmm, here we go..... we're about the same except someone has a ls6 balanced ect.. My heads are Patriot Stage II with 2.02 in 1.57 out and 59cc for 11.?:1 compression. Similar listers, pushrods, and rockers. I have coated Hooker Longtubes, Y, and catback... no ele-cutout but someday. Carbonfiber driveshaft, March pulley, LS6 manifold with EGR and AIR delete, SpeedInc Ported and Polished stock TB, stock MAF no porting, slp sealed lid that goes with my firehawk's hood and a SLP cam similar to yours............. Damn are we thinking alike here or what?

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    Hmm, here we go..... we're about the same except someone has a ls6 balanced ect.. My heads are Patriot Stage II with 2.02 in 1.57 out and 59cc for 11.?:1 compression. Similar listers, pushrods, and rockers. I have coated Hooker Longtubes, Y, and catback... no ele-cutout but someday. Carbonfiber driveshaft, March pulley, LS6 manifold with EGR and AIR delete, SpeedInc Ported and Polished stock TB, stock MAF no porting, slp sealed lid that goes with my firehawk's hood and a SLP cam similar to yours............. Damn are we thinking alike here or what?
    Biter

Thread Information